Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
It might just be something new to this recent round of shutdowns, as others including myself got the same request (including requiring a scan of the *front* of the VR lol). My guess is they are trying to address fraudulent activity where VRs are being loaded by a party other than the person that bought them, so maybe want you to prove you legitimately purchased the reloads before letting you have access to that money.
If anything they should have asked for the back of the card
with the bar code and pin visible

parsha11 as Ive posted Ive had 1 of mine shut down, my mistake and even when she told me what I did wrong Load and immediate Unload , until they reopened the card to Unload it all I didnt think I did that. In the end I did in fact load on Mon and Unloaded it all on Tues

Now Im very careful with my remaining MVDs not to do anything Im not suppose. At no time when I was speaking to her did I raise my voice or say Im innocent, I apologized for what seemed to be doing something I wasnt suppose to, I ate crow. Im sitting on a stack of VRs more then I can unload via MOs for Nov, but I know I can afford to and it wont affect my ability to pay for them as the bills come due and the cards remain loaded and unusable, better put I will bebale to load them but not unload them in order to pay off the CCs for their Nov statements Rule #1 as I said dont get in over your head.If you dont know how to swim dont go into the deep end, if you dont have a good cash flow that you can pay off w/o unloading the cards dont get involved in this game,it isnt for everyone as Unfortuantely you have found out

Unless you know 100% that they cant legally hold on to the $$ dont go to the press.The press cant do anything if what they are doing is legal, and my gut tells me they are in the right.

Calling 3x a day heck I dont Blame them for doing what they are,Im positive you or your wife werent talking so nice to them, you probably said youd sue them and go to the police and/or press. That only prolonged you getting back your funds

what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and you received the type of calls you are making. Its time to stop what you are doing! and just comply with all their requests and speak softly to them and thank them each time you speak to them for helping you out and to close things up. Then when you hang up curse them out and bury the axe in the wood in your yard.Its their game and their rules if we like it or not, so I suggest you do as I did and simply comply with their requests and eat crow till you are completely done with them.

And keep in mind all the others are no different, so this game just might not be up your alley
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
I have done nothing wrong because they have not communicated.
Yes, I played the game by their rules
I have not broken any rule, they have not told me.
For U to assume anything is wrong
I don't care to be shut down, want my money (I can afford to wait, but why?)
I'll wait till this Friday. (how long do U suggest?)
I may help everyone from taking future punishment, no one here is doing anything wrong, if they are - they must know!
Manufacturing spending wrong? illegal?
Similar thing happened with WF PP at the end but I got the check within a week
I did Wrong! Unknowning I loaded 1 day and Unload the next! Is that illegal nope, was it against their T&Cs unfortuantely Yes. No soup for Me!!

They dont have to explain anything just look at the Citi and Chase threads where they closed not only peoples CCs but bank accts as well. Some folks had 100s of 1000s of Chase UR pts go down the drain and Chase simply didnt explain anything except according to our T&Cs we have the right at any time for any reason to close any acct. Those who went the small claims route either got Zippo or settled for a lessor amount I dont recall any of them posting that they told exactly what they did wrong in Chases or Citis eyes to have warranted the closing of their accts, yet many have tried to get that accounting

You may have been innocent but their computers picked something up and thats All Folks. They are under no obligation to keep me or you or anyone as a customer of theirs, if the so chose.

Im sure in the future other players will appear the last thing Id want is any 1 company to let all the others know about me and spoil my being able to return to the field
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:21 pm

craz, yes they did ask for back of VR as well (and full purchase receipt with last 4 digits of VR barcode visible as well). dogbyte apparently got his card re-activated after complying with the requested list of scans. That's the first I've heard of that outcome, so it will be interesting to see what happens to others.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
craz, yes they did ask for back of VR as well (and full purchase receipt with last 4 digits of VR barcode visible as well). dogbyte apparently got his card re-activated after complying with the requested list of scans. That's the first I've heard of that outcome, so it will be interesting to see what happens to others.
well in that case I might be next as I picked up some recently at a CV while in xxxxxxx and once I pay my statement off I shread all my receipts. And since I fly all around I usually stop in when passing a CV and pick some up. I havnet uploaded those VRs yet that I got 1 1/2 weeks ago since I 1st had t unload what was already on them

guess I will going forward keep all the receipts. Could be they can track via the bar code which store it should have been purchased at and if a person took a few extra from 1 store to activate on other days at their reg store, they want to make sure its all on the up & up
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
I have done nothing wrong because they have not communicated.
Yes, I played the game by their rules
I have not broken any rule, they have not told me.
For U to assume anything is wrong
I don't care to be shut down, want my money (I can afford to wait, but why?)
I'll wait till this Friday. (how long do U suggest?)
I may help everyone from taking future punishment, no one here is doing anything wrong, if they are - they must know!
Manufacturing spending wrong? illegal?
Similar thing happened with WF PP at the end but I got the check within a week
You're absolutely correct. You haven't done a damn thing wrong. Loading your MVD with money and quickly spending YOUR money, at whatever rate of speed you see fit, doesn't in any way violate the T&Cs. Don't want people to load their cards with money, then quickly spend THEIR money? Then make it one of your terms and conditions. For anyone to try to make you feel like you're the bad guy in this is horse spit. Yeah, you're the bad guy ... riiiight. Don't wait until Friday. File a complaint with the FDIC against Bancorp ASAP. After I did so, my refund was sent about two days later -- by overnight mail, no less.

These "banks" are permitted by law to close your account at their whim. But they're not permitted to illegally withhold YOUR money.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
You're absolutely correct. You haven't done a damn thing wrong. Loading your MVD with money and quickly spending YOUR money, at whatever rate of speed you see fit, doesn't in any way violate the T&Cs. Don't want people to load their cards with money, then quickly spend THEIR money? Then make it one of your terms and conditions. For anyone to try to make you feel like you're the bad guy in this is horse spit. Yeah, you're the bad guy ... riiiight. Don't wait until Friday. File a complaint with the FDIC against Bancorp ASAP. After I did so, my refund was sent about two days later -- by overnight mail, no less.

These "banks" are permitted by law to close your account at their whim. But they're not permitted to illegally withhold YOUR money.
U are ‘right’ and craz is ‘sensible’ that makes me think….

There are countries with weapons to destroy the world 5 times and governments that give higher level of freedom, but what stands out about America is its Consumer Rights, something really wrong to surrender for security, greed or points the weapon we have to balance corporate supremacy! –‘Customer is always right’- differentiated America.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Amex PR Gold, Hertz Gold, Delta Silver
There is some old info at the beginning of the thread but just wondering if it is still current. Max $800 for MO and $2,500 CA per day?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rgar7
There is some old info at the beginning of the thread but just wondering if it is still current. Max $800 for MO and $2,500 CA per day?
No/No

MOs are whatever the issuing party allows, MVD I believe has no idea what exactly it is that you are buying

CAs Ive done $5k numerous times , dont know if thats the max or not, a bank will CA whatever amount you tell them to, if it will go thru (MVD allowing it) is another thing. For sure if MVD is closing you down then theres no limit to the CA amount, only that the max you can load a MVD to is $9999 and you need to leave $1.95 to pay for the CA fee that MVD charges
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by rgar7
i can confirm 6k CA ^
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by oohaahouch
i can confirm 6k CA ^
i did $9k once. i would not recommend that. the bank tried to call MVD to verify the balance before CA-ing but MVD wouldn't. they went ahead and tried it anyway and it worked, so they were really friendly after that. I can imagine it wouldn't have gone so well if it had failed.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:03 pm

I briefly followed this thread awhile ago and am just now getting caught back up.
I may jump in and grab a MVD to use for MOs. Currently, I use VGCs after exhausting my birds...but it is somewhat of a pain purchasing the MOs at the grocery store and having the tellers break it up into $500 debit transactions. At $1 cheaper per $500 load and only a $0.50 transaction fee per MO purchase, this seems to be a no-brainer. Plus, the added convenience of not having to break up the MO order into multiple debit cards.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by makinbutter
i did $9k once. i would not recommend that. the bank tried to call MVD to verify the balance before CA-ing but MVD wouldn't. they went ahead and tried it anyway and it worked, so they were really friendly after that. I can imagine it wouldn't have gone so well if it had failed.
6k was painful for me so i never did it again. the bank in my usual grocery store does 2k with a smile every time so i am good for now.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
"We were not able to electronically identify you." on a first card registration.

What does that mean?
I got tons of CCs and prepaids and never had a problem with my info...
help.

I then provided and double checked all info with representative and ended up with the same outcome.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pier11
"We were not able to electronically identify you." on a first card registration.

What does that mean?
help.

I then provided and double checked all info with representative and ended up with the same outcome.
Just a guess , but Id say the name you used didnt match the name with the SS# you used or the SS# wasnt valid.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by pier11

What does that mean?
help.

Its the early signal....if U don't register, they can't hold your money!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.