Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craz
Might as well get some Qs answered, right?

Fees

Bill Payment Fee- Electronic/Paper Check: No Charge
(anyone know when it goes electronic vs paper?)

Retail Purchase Fee:$3.95 (some report $0 to purchase, YMMV)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:$5.95 per month (charged 7 days after activation, which is date of purchase! and not the date you assign a Pin or Register the card).
Print Wikipost

Paypower Prepaid Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
P.S. Don't get ones with "Travel" in the title.
Why?

You don't like to travel or something?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:09 pm

I just picked up my first pay power card and am trying to figure this beast out. Are more people draining it via MOs, BP, BB, Evolve, or...? I activated it by completing the first two steps online, so hopefully that sets the pin successfully. For those that completely drain the card, do you actually call to close the card or let it go negative and not worry about it? Thx in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by subdawg
I just picked up my first pay power card and am trying to figure this beast out. Are more people draining it via MOs, BP, BB, Evolve, or...? I activated it by completing the first two steps online, so hopefully that sets the pin successfully. For those that completely drain the card, do you actually call to close the card or let it go negative and not worry about it? Thx in advance.
Set PIN via phone, drain, file away in a box.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Set PIN via phone, drain, file away in a box.
Why do you need to file away in a box after you drain it? When I buy my PayPower, I call the phone number on card, and set PIN. On the same day , I drain it by purchasing money order. Then I trash it.

Once drained, Paypower cannot charge me $5.95 monthly fee since I have zero dollar in card, correct????
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by metoo
Why do you need to file away in a box after you drain it? When I buy my PayPower, I call the phone number on card, and set PIN. On the same day , I drain it by purchasing money order. Then I trash it.

Once drained, Paypower cannot charge me $5.95 monthly fee since I have zero dollar in card, correct????
Purely for my own record keeping. I keep everything and everything is coded and correlated.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:01 pm

Just finished my 10k min spend for my citi exec in 8 days with 0 cost besides money orders. Timing was great on this!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by haloseven
Just finished my 10k min spend for my citi exec in 8 days with 0 cost besides money orders. Timing was great on this!
$0 cost other than MO cost? How about the fees for reloadable cards or GCs?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:07 am

Were you able to cancel the card and get the miles before the annual fee posted?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by hobo916
$0 cost other than MO cost? How about the fees for reloadable cards or GCs?
Did you read any of this thread?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:59 am

Got shut down on purchasing the $0 fee card with a CC the last two tries. This time the cashier said "they're really watching it". I didn't ask who "they" are.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:09 am

I just pull off the top flap of the pay power card and the strip covering the barcode before handing it to them. I've got a 2nd exec card now and still see them here and am having no pushback from the same 3 stores here. Ymmv tho
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
No go at Jewel stores in Chicago area. Registered is hard-coded cash only and the fee didn't get taken off.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Haleyb
Did you read any of this thread?
Got it! I had, but after reading so many other threads as well, I forgot how he was getting them without a fee.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: None
So is the trick to drain on the same day to avoid fee? Just trying to get real data-points if the fee gets charged on day 1, 25th of every month or whatever? Hopefully they have not gone smart and started charging fee night of purchase like Paypal CVS Deal.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by BADELAYS
So is the trick to drain on the same day to avoid fee? Just trying to get real data-points if the fee gets charged on day 1, 25th of every month or whatever? Hopefully they have not gone smart and started charging fee night of purchase like Paypal CVS Deal.
Purchased many cards on Sunday. Had 8 left over and used them today. All were registered on Sunday. Full $500 was on each.

Edit: be cautious before going all in on purchasing a bunch of cards. Univision card randomly started requiring personal details to register and drain with PIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.