Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craz
Might as well get some Qs answered, right?

Fees

Bill Payment Fee- Electronic/Paper Check: No Charge
(anyone know when it goes electronic vs paper?)

Retail Purchase Fee:$3.95 (some report $0 to purchase, YMMV)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:$5.95 per month (charged 7 days after activation, which is date of purchase! and not the date you assign a Pin or Register the card).
Print Wikipost

Paypower Prepaid Debit Card

Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I still buy these cards with CC but treat them like any VGC drained via reloadables and/or MOs. I drain them asap because they start charging the 5.95 fee after 7 days or less following activation at the register.
Where are you getting these? I used to buy them at RA, but they are cash only there now.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:37 am

I still buy these cards with CC but treat them like any VGC drained via reloadables and/or MOs. I drain them asap because they start charging the 5.95 fee after 7 days or less following activation at the register.
Do they let you use credit for the whole transaction? I tried to load just $100 on it yesterday at my local grocery store and they would let me use credit, but the register was hard-coded to only let my credit card pay the fee and not load money onto it. Maybe I will try at a different store.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CRNA
Do they let you use credit for the whole transaction? I tried to load just $100 on it yesterday at my local grocery store and they would let me use credit, but the register was hard-coded to only let my credit card pay the fee and not load money onto it. Maybe I will try at a different store.
Your limitation is a store issue and has nothing to do with this card.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:22 pm

Was considering this as an MS alternative since the pickings are becoming slim. So is the majority loading and draining before the $5.95 monthly fee hits? And this method isn't causing shutdowns What are the monthly loading limits?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:41 am

Anyone still using this? Any idea on "invalid information" error on bill pay?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:59 pm

I'm still buying these mainly for lesser fees than other VGCs. I drain them right after activation and setting a PIN either buy MO or load to my prepaids. Recently, when I activated a card, there was an announcement that RLitPPower will be cancelled in March 2017 I have until Feb to keep buying them but I will surely miss these versatile cards.

2016 is truly memorable for all MS venues shutdown with no replacements in sight
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:07 pm

Recently, when I activated a card, there was an announcement that RLitPPower will be cancelled in March 2017 I have until Feb to keep buying them but I will surely miss these versatile cards.
Do you know how to bypass the message?

They are getting harder and harder to find. Where do you get MOs with PP?

I asked a question a year ago on the forum about the PP Travel Moneycard which you answered, so I started buying them. For a month the fee was $0.51 per card. That was a great Oct 2015. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.