Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craz
Might as well get some Qs answered, right?

Fees

Bill Payment Fee- Electronic/Paper Check: No Charge
(anyone know when it goes electronic vs paper?)

Retail Purchase Fee:$3.95 (some report $0 to purchase, YMMV)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:$5.95 per month (charged 7 days after activation, which is date of purchase! and not the date you assign a Pin or Register the card).
Print Wikipost

Paypower Prepaid Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Worthy to note, although the product is a "debit" card, it's not a PIN debit card, so it cannot be used to buy, for example, money orders....no difference I can see between this card and the Bluebird.
Not true unless something changed recently. Lots of MOs have been bought with it. But I would stay away from this card as they are on the prowl for abusers, there are better options (one was mentioned in previous page).
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Not true unless something changed recently. Lots of MOs have been bought with it. But I would stay away from this card as they are on the prowl for abusers, there are better options (one was mentioned in previous page).
USPS has always required a pin transaction for money order sales...and buying MO's at walmart or local shops requires finding a cashier willing to do the transaction which is often not worth the time.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:19 pm

USPS has always required a pin transaction for money order sales...and buying MO's at walmart or local shops requires finding a cashier willing to do the transaction which is often not worth the time.
What I mean is this card *can* do PIN debit transactions just fine, unlike the bluebird
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What I mean is this card *can* do PIN debit transactions just fine, unlike the bluebird
Interesting...I looked at the website and didn't find an option to create or use a PIN for debit transactions.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Mine has been working for 2+ months now.
(I reload $950 each time and occasionally make small purchases on the card but the vast is reload and withdraw-granted I'm not in Canada too much and when I am there isn't always a Safeway that's convenient to get to and I have to find a Scotiabank/CIBC ATM to let me withdraw $1k.)
I run about $15k through the card each month.
(That being said I also have cards in my parent's names but they live overseas. They have Canadian SIN numbers and citizenship, however, and since this is a prepaid card I can't destroy their credit, which I wouldn't do anyways.)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Mine has been working for 2+ months now.
(I reload $950 each time and occasionally make small purchases on the card but the vast is reload and withdraw-granted I'm not in Canada too much and when I am there isn't always a Safeway that's convenient to get to and I have to find a Scotiabank/CIBC ATM to let me withdraw $1k.)
I run about $15k through the card each month.
(That being said I also have cards in my parent's names but they live overseas. They have Canadian SIN numbers and citizenship, however, and since this is a prepaid card I can't destroy their credit, which I wouldn't do anyways.)
I was doing approx 3K - 4K month but Bay Area Safeways do not accept c/c for any reloadit or any financial cards (visa/mc/amex)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:10 pm

I stand corrected - I found where you can create a PIN and use it as a debit card - but from the thread it looks like the card is useless when it comes to reloading as none of the US retailers will load or sell a loading product with a credit card.

If anyone knows of a place that will sell a reload with a CC (west coast, Seattle, etc), please PM me? I don't want to use Paypal to load an alternative debit product given their horrible reputation.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:38 pm

I stand corrected - I found where you can create a PIN and use it as a debit card - but from the thread it looks like the card is useless when it comes to reloading as none of the US retailers will load or sell a loading product with a credit card.

If anyone knows of a place that will sell a reload with a CC (west coast, Seattle, etc), please PM me? I don't want to use Paypal to load an alternative debit product given their horrible reputation.
https://reloadit.com/store_locator.aspx
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:03 pm

Thank you, but that doesn't tell me who will accept credit cards for the purchase
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
It's almost impossible to find a place that would allows CC purchase since it says 'Cash Only' right on the front of the reload card.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
It's almost impossible to find a place that would allows CC purchase since it says 'Cash Only' right on the front of the reload card.

So pardon my ignorance, but what usefulness is driving interest in this product?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:45 pm

So pardon my ignorance, but what usefulness is driving interest in this product?
Some places do allow CC purchases, but it's very much YMMV.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:58 am

Thank you, but that doesn't tell me who will accept credit cards for the purchase
Officially none do. Unofficially you might be surprised. That's why you usually have to experiment on your own.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Officially none do. Unofficially you might be surprised. That's why you usually have to experiment on your own.
And also because we don't want merchants reading FT and finding us in anticipation of all of us hoarding these prepaid cards.
(I think it really depends more on the cashier you are working with rather than the merchant's policy. I had one that wasn't the smartest and took multiple coupons at once when it wasn't allowed by the coupon terms in order to get lots and lots of free toothpaste once. On multiple occasions I have also used coupons on the wrong side of the border and had them accepted.)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:43 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Because I have been able to buy multiple reloads using a credit card at my local grocery store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.