Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by compddd
Has anyone who's done 5 cards in a single order not gotten them all on the same day? I just received 2 in the mail, where's the other 3? :-\
Yes. Ordered 4, got 3 one day one the next. Ordered 5 that came 4/1. It happens.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Ted King
Okay, I guess this gives me time to get PINs for the ten cards that came today. But want the system to go back up.
working fine for me, just ordered 3
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by exmike
working fine for me, just ordered 3
Still down for me. #Frustrating
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
try again, no luck, it seems that they know my ip since every time I open chase gift card page, it shows my zip code no matter which browsers i use.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:44 pm

10 CGCs ordered on 7/22, got delivered today, dumped 8 at WMT so far.

But it was much harder than my previous experience, one WMT cashier mentioned there are many $500 DC/GC transactions recently, especially many cards are from Chase, she won't be able to do any more for me next time.

Another cashier in another WMT refused to do BP as soon as she hear it's going be done with $500 DC at a time, the reason she mentioned was "structuring".

It's getting harder and harder now with too many $500 "DC" around.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
try again, no luck, it seems that they know my ip since every time I open chase gift card page, it shows my zip code no matter which browsers i use.
I keep getting kicked out as well back to the home screen after trying to add a 2nd or 3rd card.

I can verify that it is NOT the IP address because I've tried using another IP with same results.

It could be as simple as name/email/phone number (which I haven't changed) or maybe it is a random glitch.

Annoying though, I would like to order my next batch...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tonyflyer

But it was much harder than my previous experience, one WMT cashier mentioned there are many $500 DC/GC transactions recently, especially many cards are from Chase, she won't be able to do any more for me next time.

Another cashier in another WMT refused to do BP as soon as she hear it's going be done with $500 DC at a time, the reason she mentioned was "structuring".

where are you?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer

Can you not load to bluebird?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: AA, DL
The last few days I have been able to add 1 to the cart, but then got dumped back out to the main page...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by compddd
Has anyone who's done 5 cards in a single order not gotten them all on the same day? I just received 2 in the mail, where's the other 3? :-\
I've had the opposite -- ordered on two consecutive days and they all came on the same day. It just happened yesterday.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by zeddy218
The last few days I have been able to add 1 to the cart, but then got dumped back out to the main page...
Same thing happened for me today. Tried to order two cards and before I could confirm got dumped back to
the main page. Switched browsers and tried to order one card and the same thing happened. Hope it's just a
glitch in their system.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:21 am

where are you?
San Francisco bay area.

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Can you not load to bluebird?
Probably, but it's limited to $5K per month.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by atanac
Same thing happened for me today. Tried to order two cards and before I could confirm got dumped back to
the main page. Switched browsers and tried to order one card and the same thing happened. Hope it's just a
glitch in their system.
I think they have implemented some control. I was able to add 1 and finish teh order. Did it again. No problems. Tried to do it third time and it kept sending me to the home page.

So I recommend doing one at a time. It's a little bit of hassle but much easier than anything we do
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Still down for me. #Frustrating
Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
I keep getting kicked out as well back to the home screen after trying to add a 2nd or 3rd card.

I can verify that it is NOT the IP address because I've tried using another IP with same results.

It could be as simple as name/email/phone number (which I haven't changed) or maybe it is a random glitch.

Annoying though, I would like to order my next batch...
Originally Posted by atanac
glitch in their system.
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I think they have implemented some control. I was able to add 1 and finish teh order. Did it again. No problems. Tried to do it third time and it kept sending me to the home page.

So I recommend doing one at a time. It's a little bit of hassle but much easier than anything we do
Yes, as suggested by mintcilantro, try load one gc at one time.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:16 am

Lonnnng time lurker.. First post.

Chase has lots of problems with their public landing pages, incl. their main banking page. And (probably because of FT users!) the Chase gift card purchase main page bogs down.

Anyway, skip the main public link (from post #1), and go straight to the secure gift card purchase page:
https://www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm

Also, once you're on the page with your cart loaded up with GCs, if the main "Checkout" button doesn't work for you, try the Checkout link way up at the tip-top of the page (next to "View Cart").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.