Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:17 am

$3.50 is still better than $3.95 for ice cream.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold (*A Gold), CC Gold
I'm still seeing it live.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LowlySpartan
I'm still seeing it live.
It is still live, but there is also now another site (www.chasegiftcard.com) that has the same gift cards except with fees. I suspect the old link will be taken down without warning or simply re-direct to this new site.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:47 am

Just curious, even with no fees, isn't Amex GC's through Topcashback still a more economical way to go?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by dontippet
Just curious, even with no fees, isn't Amex GC's through Topcashback still a more economical way to go?
Not sure about the math, but AMEX GCs are more difficult to liquidate than any other GCs. I assumed many are converting it to VISA/MC GCs thru a shopping portal to reduce the loss...or possibly to VR equivalents by eating up the loss. AP, sure, but some argue that using the AP for liquidation purpose is simply a waste since it won't earn points.

Last edited by vagrants; Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 am
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
It is still live, but there is also now another site (www.chasegiftcard.com) that has the same gift cards except with fees. I suspect the old link will be taken down without warning or simply re-direct to this new site.
That's not a new site. Just a different URL to use if you want to register the card and track transactions. Two completely different functions.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by lad2
That's not a new site. Just a different URL to use if you want to register the card and track transactions. Two completely different functions.
Yeah that site has been up for a while - at least as long as I've been buying CGCs.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by rdover1
I've found that often they don't actually process the order until a day or so later. My card shows a transaction date 1-2 days after I made the actual order. Normally there is a difference between the transaction date and the posted date for many purchases but for these GC there is a delay in the transaction date.
You're right. Upon checking my account, I saw the order I placed on the morning of the 1st actually has the transaction date on the 2nd, and posted on the 3rd.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:57 am

Amex GC via TCB is the most economical/profitable way to churn I have found so far.

TCB will give you 2% on your order plus you get cashback/miles/points via the card you use. Using VRs will cost you 0.8% in fees. Grocery Store bought GCs will cost you 1%. HIGC will cost you nothing (while they last).

Edit to Add
Your grocery store or gas station may give you fuel points for GC purchases which sweetens the deal even more.

Last edited by KYBOSH; Aug 1, 2013 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:11 am
Suspended

Can someone please confirm whether the $2600.00 limit is per rolling (30-day) month or calendar month? I'm seeing conflicting reports here on FT.

And it is definitely $2600 per card, correct?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Can someone please confirm whether the $2600.00 limit is per rolling (30-day) month or calendar month? I'm seeing conflicting reports here on FT.

Roll Roll Roll ....
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by dontippet
Originally Posted by vagrants
Not sure about the math, but AMEX GCs are more difficult to liquidate than any other GCs. I assumed many are converting it to VISA/MC GCs thru a shopping portal to reduce the loss...or possibly to VR equivalents by eating up the loss. AP, sure, but some argue that using the AP for liquidation purpose is simply a waste since it won't earn points.
Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Amex GC via TCB is the most economical/profitable way to churn I have found so far.

TCB will give you 2% on your order plus you get cashback/miles/points via the card you use. Using VRs will cost you 0.8% in fees. Grocery Store bought GCs will cost you 1%. HIGC will cost you nothing (while they last).
I like these for loading to Target Amex. Not as profitable as AGC -> HIGC -> MO, but still making a profit.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney

$2,600. Rolling 30 days.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:46 pm
Original Member

No problem $500. Fee waived.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cfisher6
I like these for loading to Target Amex. Not as profitable as AGC -> HIGC -> MO, but still making a profit.
why not just buy a MO with the chase gift cards and pin?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.