Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 22, 13, 1:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 27, 13, 11:58 am

I think there's something wrong with the site as opposed to a control. Exhibiting some very odd behaviors.

Edit - I was actually able to buy 5 cards at once. I got all the way through, fat fingered my SSN, and hit complete. It then hung for a minute and bounced me back to the landing page. Thankfully, though, I just got my confirmation email.
Old Jul 27, 13, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Me too, bay
Old Jul 27, 13, 12:42 pm

try using incognito window in chrome. worked for me.
Old Jul 27, 13, 12:51 pm

No luck buying gift cards today. First I couldn't get to the order page. Then I tried an incognito window and was able to put in all my information but when I clicked to submit the order, it did not go through and just went to the home page.

I also had a failed reload at walmart with a $500 chase gift card. Still haven't a clue why it failed. The clerk tried two times. Not a good day.

Edit: Tried again in incognito and it went through!
Old Jul 27, 13, 12:58 pm

I just had so much fun talking to an ESL CSR trying to figure out what the numbers on my gift card are because the last 5 numbers had 2 numbers printed on top of each other (along with my name being printed on top of someone else's). So that was fun.
Old Jul 27, 13, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL, WoH, UA, AA
Originally Posted by SexyTurtle View Post
I just had so much fun talking to an ESL CSR trying to figure out what the numbers on my gift card are because the last 5 numbers had 2 numbers printed on top of each other (along with my name being printed on top of someone else's). So that was fun.
Holy crap...I've never seen that before!
Old Jul 27, 13, 4:46 pm

just ordered with incognito too.
Old Jul 27, 13, 5:02 pm

Could not order since friday. i hope the ones that i got will atleast go through during reload when i try them next month.
Old Jul 27, 13, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by aeneas3 View Post
just ordered with incognito too.
Tried this repeatedly through out the day with no luck. Called Chase and they said their computer systems
has been up and down since yesterday.
Old Jul 27, 13, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by atanac View Post
Tried this repeatedly through out the day with no luck. Called Chase and they said their computer systems
has been up and down since yesterday.
yeah 2 other orders failed today at the confirmation page.
Old Jul 27, 13, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL
I did manage to get one order placed today. Felt like I was racing the clock on each step of the process
Old Jul 27, 13, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Wow, if that had been a real dollar bill or even a penny, the double print would make you a rich man. Since it's just a lowly gift card, I wonder what poor bloke didn't get theirs because it double printed onto yours.
Old Jul 27, 13, 8:32 pm

evidently this is a system problem and nothing to do with getting rid of the fee waiver, at least according to someone at SD..,.
Old Jul 28, 13, 8:37 am

Programs: Several dozen
Dunno, banks might pay to have their mistakes buried instead of U-tubed.

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego View Post
Wow, if that had been a real dollar bill or even a penny, the double print would make you a rich man. Since it's just a lowly gift card, I wonder what poor bloke didn't get theirs because it double printed onto yours.
Old Jul 28, 13, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
That happened to me as well on one card a couple of months ago. They sent me a replacement in about a week.

Search this Thread