Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I think that doing 6 and 7 transactions at a time draws the attention that others are feeling in these forums. It makes more sense to me to visit different registers or different walmarts that are close so we can extend the game and stay under the radar. The WM emps don't know that what we are doing isn't illegal, but they think it is because they would never be reading any of the forums that we do. I think it's worth it to visit a different store or register during one trip (if feasible) to extend the life of the deal.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
If you think WM or Chase doesn't already know what is going on then I think you may be using wishful thinking.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
If you think WM or Chase doesn't already know what is going on then I think you may be using wishful thinking.
It depends what you mean by 'know'.

Do they have database entries for all these transactions? Of course.

Did somebody at either Chase or WM saw them? Unlikely

Do they know that GC were purchased with Chase CC and then they were loaded into BB or MO were bought? Unlikely

Do they care? No, at least not at this point.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I got my gc's shipped recently. I'm in NYC w/o a car so WM is not an option. I tried my local Walgreens to buy beans w/debit but they said cash only.

Any recommendations on how to liquidate these in a place w/o WM's? I've read before that MO's at the Post Office won't work. What else can I do to get cash on these?

I am comfortable paying a ~1% transaction fee to get these cashed out.

Cheers,
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Duffman
I got my gc's shipped recently. I'm in NYC w/o a car so WM is not an option. I tried my local Walgreens to buy beans w/debit but they said cash only.

Any recommendations on how to liquidate these in a place w/o WM's? I've read before that MO's at the Post Office won't work. What else can I do to get cash on these?

I am comfortable paying a ~1% transaction fee to get these cashed out.

Cheers,
buy money orders at the grocery store or cvs/walgreens, anywhere you see the moneygram logo, just tell them you are paying with debit. I have only bought them at walmart but I have read your can buy them elsewhere.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Artemk

Do they know that GC were purchased with Chase CC and then they were loaded into BB or MO were bought? Unlikely
Wrong go to chase.com/giftcards and fill in the info to check the CGC in your hand, It tells them Everything you have done with the GC where and when etc etc

also besides a Chase CC you cant buy the GCs with any other CC, especially Online! and they havent been selling them out of the branches = for the past few months the ONLY way to buy them was online using a Chase CC
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by drdrew450
buy money orders at the grocery store or cvs/walgreens, anywhere you see the moneygram logo, just tell them you are paying with debit. I have only bought them at walmart but I have read your can buy them elsewhere.
cost the problem sure many places will sell them but if $300 is the max then to unload a $500 CGC youd need to buy 2 MOs. So instead of it costing a person .70 @ WM it will cost $2+ . Now for a couple of CGs maybe but if youre into it for 10s of $1000s it very costly WM is max $1k MO for .70 the places that may charge .59 usually wont allow a $1k MO
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks. I only have 2k in gc's right now so happy to pay a bit more to get the MO's. I'll test out local MoneyGram centers and post back my results for NYC.

Testing the waters.. if this goes through as expected will ramp up a bit.

btw, for those living in NYC (or other cities w/o WM) what is the most cost-effective way you guys have found to liquidate GCs?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by craz
cost the problem sure many places will sell them but if $300 is the max then to unload a $500 CGC youd need to buy 2 MOs. So instead of it costing a person .70 @ WM it will cost $2+ . Now for a couple of CGs maybe but if youre into it for 10s of $1000s it very costly WM is max $1k MO for .70 the places that may charge .59 usually wont allow a $1k MO
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I think that doing 6 and 7 transactions at a time draws the attention that others are feeling in these forums. It makes more sense to me to visit different registers or different walmarts that are close so we can extend the game and stay under the radar. The WM emps don't know that what we are doing isn't illegal, but they think it is because they would never be reading any of the forums that we do. I think it's worth it to visit a different store or register during one trip (if feasible) to extend the life of the deal.
Technically it was only 3 transactions but I did the different registers approach one time and two out of the 3 register employees didn't know what they were doing. Had to call over the manager. The 2nd time the manager said, "didn't I just help you at the electronic section 10 minutes ago?" So yeah, I'm not doing that again.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: Several dozen
Bad assumption. Fang cares, but marketing management rules until Fang can shove something embarrassing or outrageous into the nose of top management. In the days of the mint it was WSJ stories and people bragging of million dollar hauls to the press. All Fang has to do is catch someone involved in fraud related to one of our opportunities and then run around waiving the fraud flag.

Originally Posted by Artemk
It depends what you mean by 'know'.

Do they have database entries for all these transactions? Of course.

Did somebody at either Chase or WM saw them? Unlikely

*Do they care? No, at least not at this point.*
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:40 am
Original Member

Anyone have trouble depositing money orders to their bank. Have enough bluebird money and want to cash out some CGC. Do banks question a deposit of money orders of $2000 or so?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by wonderer
Anyone have trouble depositing money orders to their bank. Have enough bluebird money and want to cash out some CGC. Do banks question a deposit of money orders of $2000 or so?
I did get strange looks, but I did not care much. At the same time, I prefer to do WM Billpay instead.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I avoid MO's... Bill pay will be the easier way..
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by frogdog51
Technically it was only 3 transactions but I did the different registers approach one time and two out of the 3 register employees didn't know what they were doing. Had to call over the manager. The 2nd time the manager said, "didn't I just help you at the electronic section 10 minutes ago?" So yeah, I'm not doing that again.
I understand. I just have a tendency to walk off if I see eyes on me. I never find myself in a situation where everything has to be completed that very minute. Granted, I live and work 5 minutes from WMs and about 3 minutes from Kroger. I'm like 2 minutes from OD. I am always ok to go home and go back later.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by wonderer
I use ATM envelope deposits... no need to bother getting out the car, dealing with tellers etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.