Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
No bueno...you can't load BB or use at ATM.
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Actually these might be quite bueno. Think creatively....

The link above shows that this is a VISA debit card. So think about what other things you might be able to use a debit card for that might be beneficial.
True!!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:21 pm
jk2

SunTrust sells MC gift cards, by the way.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:16 am

Anyone with updates on this? Pm me. Can u go to chase branch and use cc to charge a gift card?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by webazoid
Can u go to chase branch and use cc to charge a gift card?
As a test, I purchased a $500 Chase gift card at a local branch using my Chase Freedom card. I do have a Chase checking account and, because of the type of account I have, there was no fee. Still waiting for the Freedom monthly statement to see if I get 500 UR points, however.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
As a test, I purchased a $500 Chase gift card at a local branch using my Chase Freedom card. I do have a Chase checking account and, because of the type of account I have, there was no fee. Still waiting for the Freedom monthly statement to see if I get 500 UR points, however.
cool. what did u do w/ the visa gift card? any way to cash out easily?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
It's a visa gift card....the same as any other which is purchased at a B&M with procedures to cash out.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:08 am

Would citi aa charge cash advance fee?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I used my $500 gift card to pay estimated taxes online. That wiped it out instantly. Since it is a debit card, there is only a relatively small fee for paying estimated taxes.

Would citi aa charge cash advance fee?
More than likely. Personally, I wouldn't chance it. If you are a brave soul, report back if you decide to try it.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:57 am

I don't see a huge benefit with this seeing that you'd probably get 1x/$ which is 500 pts...where's the profit in this? There aren't cards that give 5x@FI's
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Slybone
I don't see a huge benefit with this seeing that you'd probably get 1x/$ which is 500 pts...where's the profit in this? There aren't cards that give 5x@FI's
unless you're trying to meet spend
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
unless you're trying to meet spend
Seems like you've got your answer.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:23 pm

i was thinking route of either getting GC to meet SPG or AA spending requirements.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
If you have to pay the fees and then go to VR it is quite a high percentage just to get 500 miles, at the least $3.95*2= $7.90 * 50 (for 25K miles) = $395 Actually less miles when accounting for the -4 miles in fees to round to $500. Am I missing something here??

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 29, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
If you have to pay the fees and then go to VR it is quite a high percentage just to get 500 miles, at the least $3.95*2= $7.90 * 50 (for 25K miles) = $395 Actually less miles when accounting for the -4 miles in fees to round to $500. Am I missing something here??

JudyJFLA
This would purely be for minimum mininum spends.

i.e. for 5k SPG

$500 x 2 = $1000 (free load w/ chase premiere account)
Load to target amex for $3 per thousand.
For $5,000, that's 10 gift cards and $15 target load. [max per target amex is $2500]

Assuming $100 spending, and $400 x6 atm withdrawals at $3/withdrawal, that's $18 withdrawal fees per $2500 card. You would need two cards.

Total fees to manufacture $5000 SPG spending is w/ a chase premiere card:

-Target load fees: $15
-ATM withdrawel fees: $36
-Total spending: $200

$51 in service fees per $5000.

1.02 cents/dollar.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
FYI, the online checkout system only allows Visa/MC for payment. No Amex.

Also, the Chase web page says we can pay with our "Chase debit or credit card". It's a little vague, but it sounds like there's some possibility that they are restricting payment to Chase cards only. Anyone successfully bought one with a non-Chase card so far?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.