Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Wow, crazy!
Just called the activation # on the card, or.....?
That is the ONE and THE ONLY number available.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Does this counts towards minimum spending on brand new card or chase will be all fussy about it.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Does this counts towards minimum spending on brand new card or chase will be all fussy about it.
Yes and maybe (but generally hasn't been).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:06 am

My Walmart does not have ATM kiosk to load this to BB. I visited two other WMs this week and kiosk had an 'out of order' memo glued on them...yes, at both WMs. Is there anyway I can load this to BB using other means ?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Yes. You can have a regular cashier do it or the Money Center. Tip: try not to show them the gift card.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:29 am

No notice in my Sept. 12 checking statement

Just a data point of sorts, and FWIW, but there was no notice concerning GCs in my checking account statement for Sept. 12.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:39 am

U tried my third Walmart. Same thing. Kiosk broken and the human tried doing it but computer would not accept chase gift card with pin.

Has something changed where the money center computers are hardcoded to prevent gift cards which have pins??? Somone please help!

If it continues to not work will cvs accept then for payment if vanilla cards or rite aid for money paks? If I get stuck paying fee it will suck but it's better than being stuck with thousands of dollars of chase cards.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Just a data point of sorts, and FWIW, but there was no notice concerning GCs in my checking account statement for Sept. 12.
Sorry, but it's not worth much. It was definitely on my checking account statement, received in the mail yesterday. I'm a believer - it's ending.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:52 am

No email confirmation while ordering CGC

This is the first time it happened to me that I went and ordered the gift card from the chase website and did not receive a confirmation email for the order even though i see the charge being made on my ink. Can something be wrong with my order? I ordered it around 8am Sept 14th (Sat.). Don't know if that would make any difference. Any advices?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by brettskyg
Has anyone had success buying the money order from a human being there with the gc or is it only the kiosk?
The closest WM to me is in the "rougher" part of town so they probably don't see a lot of MS activity. The ATM is always broken and I have had no problem loading & buying MO at the money center... but the card keypad is a bit obstructed below the counter surface so they can't see the card I'm using. Also I've never done more than $1000 BB and $999.30 MO at once.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Sorry, but it's not worth much. It was definitely on my checking account statement, received in the mail yesterday. I'm a believer - it's ending.
until somebody posts a somewhat believable screenshot - all the doom saying is not worth much. Monday my statement is closing - we will see.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dsauch
until somebody posts a somewhat believable screenshot - all the doom saying is not worth much. Monday my statement is closing - we will see.
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/30112
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:16 am

I had the same hope until my statement closed last week. Its true
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a difference between "doom saying" and "data posting". Doom saying is based on speculation by the posters. Data posting is based on actual experiences by the posters. Fundamental difference if you will.

There are countless things posted on this forum that has never had a screen shots but collective data points which all turned out to be true. If you need screen shots on everything before you would "believe", countless deals would be missed by that token.

Dreamers can always dream and we all hope your dreams would come true as that can only be good for everyone.

In the interim, the screen shot is provided by someone with the url link to one of the "first" discoveries of this incoming event.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 14, 2013 at 11:05 am
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:19 am

Good while it lasted

This has been a good run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.