Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
Say, I use this card at a grocery store, can I ask for Cashback to the counter guys?

Does Chase give extra points when I use a particular Chase card?
Nope and nope.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Say, I use this card at a grocery store, can I ask for Cashback to the counter guys?

Does Chase give extra points when I use a particular Chase card?
Chase Club Card gives 1.5 points
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:50 pm

Dan's deals said the no fee expires on September 22. He saw it on his chase checking account. Not much time left!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by punjabi2
I ordered GC's last month on August 8th, using 3 of my chase cards. This morning, I was able to order using one card, but when I went to use other two, I got the message, YOUR CARD HAS BEEN USED TOO MANY TIMES FOR ALLOWABLE TIME PERIOD. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

What am I doing wrong? It has ben over 30 days. And funny thing is I was able to order using one CC.
i would give it another day or two. make sure you did not type in the same CC information for your first purchase as well.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Welcome to a few days ago and a few pages back.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Guess I'll just have to trust FM and Dan's Deals as well about September 22nd being the day, since my checking account statements don't post until the 22nd of the month...go figure.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
"YOUR CARD HAS BEEN USED TOO MANY TIMES FOR ALLOWABLE TIME PERIOD. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER."
Just got this message - i was purchasing 1000 dollars of GC but wasnt able to.
I deleted one and it went through.
Does'nt it reset every month? Not sure why i got that error.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by arsenalman
"YOUR CARD HAS BEEN USED TOO MANY TIMES FOR ALLOWABLE TIME PERIOD. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER."
Just got this message - i was purchasing 1000 dollars of GC but wasnt able to.
I deleted one and it went through.
Does'nt it reset every month? Not sure why i got that error.
its every 30ish days, not calendar month
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by smitty06
Chase Club Card gives 1.5 points
Can also use Chase exclusives with Freedom if your extra 10% hasn't been nixed yet.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
REMOVED

Last edited by abhicoolmax; Sep 8, 2013 at 11:19 pm Reason: My question was already discussed :-)
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Guess I'll just have to trust FM and Dan's Deals as well about September 22nd being the day, since my checking account statements don't post until the 22nd of the month...go figure.
It is on my business checking account statement.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
"We apologize that we are temporarily unable to offer Chase Gift Cards through the branch. Due to the inconvenience, our standard shipping fee of $4.95 for online gift card orders is temporarily waived."

-- how long is this offer valid? any idea?
Before the angry mob starts throwing their pitchforks at you, you might wanna go back and read the posts from the last 2-3 days. You'll find the the unconfirmed date mentioned several times
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by skitch23
Before the angry mob starts throwing their pitchforks at you, you might wanna go back and read the posts from the last 2-3 days. You'll find the the unconfirmed date mentioned several times
Sorry! My apologies... I know the answer :-)
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skitch23
It is confirmed on my business checking account statement that is closed on Aug 31.

Verbatim here I would type it out:

We will no longer sell gift cards.
Starting September 22, we will no longer sell gift cards. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have questions, please call the number on this statement. All terms and Conditions of your account remain the same.

There is another notice about some changes in the Deposit Account Agreement titled Closing Your Account. I am not going to type that part as that is not pertinent to the question on hand that many are having, (and choose to treat it as an unconfirmed rumor - it is not a rumor, it is a soon to happen event.)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:53 am
Original Member

Everything about Chase's decision to be in the direct gift card business was always bizarre, so I certainly respect their decision to get out of it. A bank makes money from gift cards on the float and on the fees. I bet they ran an analysis and determined that substantially all of the gift cards bought fee free over the Internet we're being cashed out within days or weeks, with almost none of these cards being purchased online by the unbanked masses. And the thought of the unbanked masses going into the Chase branches to buy these cards at a $4.95 fee is thought provoking. Most of them choose not to bank because they distrust banks, so they will simply buy gift cards at the grocery store or gas station. I do not mean this offensively, but a large portion of the unbanked masses are not the types that you really want in your branch standing next to your business customers that are making big cash deposits from the daily cash sales at the store. I realize that US Bank and even AMEX are trying to make money off of the unbanked masses, but they are not trying to do it primarily online or inviting them over to the house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.