Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Update on my little saga.

Cards purchased at the end of November. $7k worth. All suspended.
InComm did their investigation and said it was CVS that suspended them.

Then CVS took their sweet time doing their investigation and finally got back to me saying that though they did in fact suspend the cards, they're not going to do anything about it, and that I should just go ahead and fill a case with my credit card company!!!!

Now what?!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by jatink129

...Now what?!
Sorry this has dragged on - I read back to recall the issue.

CVS' reaction is very strange. Did they elaborate on their thinking? Was it via phone call or email?

I'd go ahead and dispute the charges with your CC. Make sure you do not get beyond the 60 day window. What bank(s) does this involve?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:40 pm

Just went to a CVS in LA that said they're no longer allowing VR buys with CC, to make it easier to refund if something goes wrong. They said it was a permanent policy for that store. Plan on checking some other stores soon.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Sorry this has dragged on - I read back to recall the issue.

CVS' reaction is very strange. Did they elaborate on their thinking? Was it via phone call or email?

I'd go ahead and dispute the charges with your CC. Make sure you do not get beyond the 60 day window. What bank(s) does this involve?

I called them twice. The first time I called was in early December. They created a case and told me to call in a week.
When I called back, the agent I spoke to could find NO records of my previous case and created a new case, and was very helpful and everything. She even gave me her direct number and all that.

When I still hadn't heard anything, I called her and left her a voicemail. She called back and (I was busy) left me a very CURT voicemail saying that CVS wasn't going to activate the cards. And they can't provide me with any help and I just need to dispute with my CC. A complete flip in her attitude.

The credit card is by GE...it's the eBay Mastercard.
They were offering 5x for a limited time, which is why I jumped on it.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:22 am

I bought 4 beans on Monday, and got the "cards will be activated within 24 hours" message on my receipt. 3 of the cards worked fine, one got the 4005 "suspended" error. I called the Incomm help line and opened a ticket. They had me scan my receipt and card and email it to them, which I did on Tuesday. This morning, the VR card worked fine. No feedback or email or phone call from Incomm to explain it.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I called them twice. The first time I called was in early December. They created a case and told me to call in a week.
When I called back, the agent I spoke to could find NO records of my previous case and created a new case, and was very helpful and everything. She even gave me her direct number and all that.

When I still hadn't heard anything, I called her and left her a voicemail. She called back and (I was busy) left me a very CURT voicemail saying that CVS wasn't going to activate the cards. And they can't provide me with any help and I just need to dispute with my CC. A complete flip in her attitude.

The credit card is by GE...it's the eBay Mastercard.
They were offering 5x for a limited time, which is why I jumped on it.
Just file a dispute with your CC company. Let the CC company deal with CVS. You might want to contact Better Business bureau about this.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Datapoint (I really hate that word) CVS sold me VRs with a CC...

Back to regular posting...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:08 pm

WOW, I have bought hundreds of these at CVS and never saw this message you speak of, and the cashier also checks, in case I forget
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
in case of error with incomm/bancorp products, if you waited the 3 days of bull they told you to and still got nowhere, use the FDIC. Go to their site, download the form, make copies of everything and send it in. You will get your money in 4-6 weeks.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just file a dispute with your CC company. Let the CC company deal with CVS. You might want to contact Better Business bureau about this.
Done.

Left a couple of voicemails with the "friendly" agent at CVS as well...But now suddenly they won't answer my calls. Thinking of just driving over to their office in RI.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Done.

Left a couple of voicemails with the "friendly" agent at CVS as well...But now suddenly they won't answer my calls. Thinking of just driving over to their office in RI.
Keep us posted on what happens.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:59 pm

Went to cvs today bought 2500 worth of VR cards all the receipts say activated. I'm getting 4005 error for all the pins. Called VR Customer service and they are putting a ticket together. This is frustrating lol. I hope they fix the issue don't want to be out 2500. Last resort is to call and dispute with cc which I don't want to do.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Here is the important part... why did they suspend your cards?

Was it the $7k in transactions? Was it at one time?

How long have you been shopping at that store at that level?

Surprised they let you go over the $5k limit.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:21 am

What should be my next steps? Filing cc disputes? I'm annoyed with VR and the BS 72 hours crap.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
in case of error with incomm/bancorp products, if you waited the 3 days of bull they told you to and still got nowhere, use the FDIC. Go to their site, download the form, make copies of everything and send it in. You will get your money in 4-6 weeks.
Which form? Some direction please

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.