Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:34 am
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
Originally Posted by Ekimosj
I am in a similar boat, Called VR and they say they show the transaction goign through. No record on BB. Called BB and they have no record of the load. Keep us posted on your results.
Called again today after 72 hours. No progress, it's being worked on by the 'Compliance Team'. Either that was made up or it actually isn't worked on by IT anymore. Was told to call back on Monday.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ac921ol
thats a hell of a lot of BB you need to have, lol
and apprently I dont need to worry about the 5-10k I break up between a few cards a month.
there are some people who have one more then 2 BB cards... I have to laugh at people are afraid to spend.... As long as you throw in your regular spends on these cards, the CC companies do not care, just do not go out on the first day of getting a AMEX card and place 30K on your card at CVS you will be fine... THAT will raise a lot of issues with them..
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Update.

Originally Posted by rdover1
FYI - you are unlikely to get a refund from CVS and will waste a lot of effort trying. The refund needs to come from Incomm. CVS sold and activated a valid card (your receipt and their records prove it). They did their bit. The fraud control side of Incomm is what let you down.
InComm got back to me (or rather I called them!!), and there are new notes on my case.

The investigating team reports that the cards were activated and then deactivated by the merchant at the point of purchase. i.e CVS

Originally Posted by Happy

But CVS can deactivate your purchased VR via its own security dept. This happened to an FTer friend many months ago in similar fashion - the store had a $1K per day limit, but a young dude cashier sold this friend $8K. The store manager found this out from daily report (so your friendly cashier would still get into trouble whether you go back or not!), and called the CVS security dept. End result? All his VRs are deactivated. It took a lot of calls to get this resolved in the manner the friend wanted (he did not want the VRs refunded to CC naturally but the manager insisted...)

Good luck and do report back on the outcome.
So looks like this is what happened to me at the end.
In a way, I'm relieved because this means that there was no fraud...and worst case scenario, I can atleast dispute this with my CC.

But, I'm heading there tomorrow to see if I can find the store manager.

I have all the receipts and cards and I even managed to convince InComm to send me an email that says that they conducted research into my case and have determined that it's the merchant's fault.

The best scenario would be to get replacement BB, but obviously, I'd be just as glad to get a refund.

Any suggestions/notes to keep in mind?
Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:51 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Originally Posted by joony
Called again today after 72 hours. No progress, it's being worked on by the 'Compliance Team'. Either that was made up or it actually isn't worked on by IT anymore. Was told to call back on Monday.
Called today instead of yesterday. Tried the VR website for the heck of it, nada. Just rang into, helpful but powerless CSR. Put me on hold to research the ticket, tried to do the reload, nada, had her supervisor beside her. She's reassigning the ticket to her supervisor and will need another 24 hours for it to work through. She did reconfirm the BB account number, so maybe it might deposit sometime between now and tomorrow…? a little bit more optimistic today!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:21 pm

Attempted to load 2 Vanilla Reloads to my Bluebird. Given the error code 180: transaction exceeds limit. Doing some research it seems this error is given when you have reached your monthly load limit. I've logged into the account and confirmed I have only loaded $4000 this month. Going to give the site a few hours and then if problem persists call Vanilla.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
Attempted to load 2 Vanilla Reloads to my Bluebird. Given the error code 180: transaction exceeds limit. Doing some research it seems this error is given when you have reached your monthly load limit. I've logged into the account and confirmed I have only loaded $4000 this month. Going to give the site a few hours and then if problem persists call Vanilla.
Could be the daily limit, when was the last time you load on this BB?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
After over 11 days of calling Incomm, my VR was reactivated and I was able to load it to BB. Keep calling and asking for updates ... the front-line reps are good but the IT people take their sweet time.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Could be they made the new bb a rolling 30?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do you have any loads that show November 30th?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:46 pm

I confirmed my reloads are indeed valid.

I didn't realize their is a $10,000 limit for total adding funds transaction per month. I received $6,000 through selling a car earlier this month from another member (send money). The buyer was a fellow points addict and wanted to use Bluebird/his credit card. Hence why I was only able to load $4,000 worth of reloads this month. I thought Vanilla Reloads where in a separate category of their own and only a $5,000 monthly limit/$1,000 daily limit applied but they count towards the $10,000 limit.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Exclamation The Card is Suspended. Error Code 4005

The following post is for anyone who encounters a similar problem in the future.

I got the message: The Card is Suspended. Error Code 4005 the other day on a VR that I tried to load on my BB.

I looked at the CVS receipt and it said that the card would take up to 24 hours to activate.

I called VR. I was asked for the PIN. Gave it to her; was told that the PIN was for a EZ Top Wireless Card, and the amount on the card was different than what I paid.

I was told to make copies of the front & back of the VR along with the cash register receipt. I was also given a reference number to use.

I opted to wait until the next afternoon before sending the information. I did one more attempt to load the VR onto my BB; it was ~20 hours after I bought the VR. This time it went through with no problem for the amount ($500) that I had loaded onto the card.

So for those of you who get a similar error, check your receipt. If the card wasn't instantly activated, it may take up to 24 hrs to do so. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by jatink129
Update.

InComm got back to me (or rather I called them!!), and there are new notes on my case.

The investigating team reports that the cards were activated and then deactivated by the merchant at the point of purchase. i.e CVS

I'm heading there tomorrow to see if I can find the store manager.

I have all the receipts and cards and I even managed to convince InComm to send me an email that says that they conducted research into my case and have determined that it's the merchant's fault.
Any suggestions/notes to keep in mind?
Thanks.
Got back from CVS. Manager says that this was deactivated on a corporate level and not by him. And that I'd need to call the CVS helpline and speak to the security team there.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:16 pm

Im getting a Error 76 "maximum load exceeded" on a Paypal Mastercard Debit card. I called and they said there are no limits to speak of. I read that the daily load limit is $2500 a day. I haven't loaded this card in over a week. AFAIK the card is still alive and kicking. Can anyone offer any quesses as to what's going on? Load functionality suspended by Netspend? I loaded 2k since opening the account and made made MOs. Have left less than a $100 balance on the card since then.
Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:33 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Originally Posted by joony
Called today instead of yesterday. Tried the VR website for the heck of it, nada. Just rang into, helpful but powerless CSR. Put me on hold to research the ticket, tried to do the reload, nada, had her supervisor beside her. She's reassigning the ticket to her supervisor and will need another 24 hours for it to work through. She did reconfirm the BB account number, so maybe it might deposit sometime between now and tomorrow…? a little bit more optimistic today!
So my ticket was marked high priority on the 11th but hasn't had any movement since then. The nice CSR lady said there isn't anything she could do other than to note that I called and to follow up on 3 business days.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:40 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Update - still waiting response, call back in 2-3 days. Waiting to hear back from the purchasing location apparently - that means CVS? The CSR wasn't too sure. It definitely didn't sound like it was waiting on IT.

I did just load another VR without any issues. What a ride…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.