Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:43 pm

Another data point to make. If I plug my laptop directly into my cable modem I can access vanilla reload. If I access vanilla reload through my routers it doesn't work.

Really weird

Joint incomm/vanilla reload linksys task force trying to stop me from ms. Should I contact my congresswoman?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by simz
I tried purchasing a vanilla card at an HEB store (austin, tx).. the store clerk told me the system is not allowing to purchase it through a CC.. am I missing something here..

Simz
Data point: I tried a month or so ago at HEB stores in 3 different towns. All cashiers were quite willing and seemed surprised when register separated out groceries for cc charge and then indicated cash only for VR. Hard coded into all HEB registers as far as I can tell.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DL172
This is really alarming. They aren't just blocking IP addresses. Our household consists of large MSers.
How are they blocking your IP address?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:13 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by roneyc
Data point: I tried a month or so ago at HEB stores in 3 different towns. All cashiers were quite willing and seemed surprised when register separated out groceries for cc charge and then indicated cash only for VR. Hard coded into all HEB registers as far as I can tell.
Hmm.. thanks for this update.. I will stop wasting my time at HEB then and look for a CVS..
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
How are they blocking your IP address?
Good point! I miss spoke. I am not saying they are blocking my IP address. I have changed my IP address and still I can not load vanillareload.com. All I am saying is I can not access Vanilla Reload from my home network. I can not ping it using CMD. It also does not load using a VPN. However, if I am off my home network its totally fine. I don't know how to troubleshoot this anymore.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:57 am

Good point! I miss spoke. I am not saying they are blocking my IP address. I have changed my IP address and still I can not load vanillareload.com. All I am saying is I can not access Vanilla Reload from my home network. I can not ping it using CMD. It also does not load using a VPN. However, if I am off my home network its totally fine. I don't know how to troubleshoot this anymore.
May be a DNS issue. Try changing your DNS to Google or someone else and see if that works.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Have you contacted your provider and see if they can help?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
I've got $7k of VRs.

Keep getting "The card is SUSPENDED. Error Code 4005"
I have all the receipts. Did a search and found this and two other threads without any specific answers.

Was wondering if anyone knew what causes this, and what steps I should take to fix it?

I'm going to go into the store tomorrow and also call InComm tomorrow.

Hoping that the store will just reissue me new cards. But I'd rather not go into the store if there's another way to get this fixed...simply because my store has implemented a $1k/day limit. And the cashier decided to let me do $5k and going in with all the receipts, would just get her into trouble.

Would appreciate any help that I can get.
Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:52 pm

Update: Just got off the phone with InComm.
Turns out 3-4 of the cards have been used already and the rest are inactive.

They've asked me to send them all the copies etc, which I'm going to do tomorrow.

Kinda' freaked out and hoping this gets resolved. Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

P.S- I purchased the cards 3 days ago. Didn't get a chance to use them until now. Scratched the silver strip 10 minutes before posting here.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jatink129

They've asked me to send them all the copies etc, which I'm going to do tomorrow.

Kinda' freaked out and hoping this gets resolved. Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

P.S- I purchased the cards 3 days ago. Didn't get a chance to use them until now. Scratched the silver strip 10 minutes before posting here.
Are these old cards or the new style? The new style does not seem possible to be tampered.

Cannot answer the question on those are already used. (Cashier theft?!)

But CVS can deactivate your purchased VR via its own security dept. This happened to an FTer friend many months ago in similar fashion - the store had a $1K per day limit, but a young dude cashier sold this friend $8K. The store manager found this out from daily report (so your friendly cashier would still get into trouble whether you go back or not!), and called the CVS security dept. End result? All his VRs are deactivated. It took a lot of calls to get this resolved in the manner the friend wanted (he did not want the VRs refunded to CC naturally but the manager insisted...)

Good luck and do report back on the outcome.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Are these old cards or the new style? The new style does not seem possible to be tampered.

Cannot answer the question on those are already used. (Cashier theft?!)

But CVS can deactivate your purchased VR via its own security dept. This happened to an FTer friend many months ago in similar fashion - the store had a $1K per day limit, but a young dude cashier sold this friend $8K. The store manager found this out from daily report (so your friendly cashier would still get into trouble whether you go back or not!), and called the CVS security dept. End result? All his VRs are deactivated. It took a lot of calls to get this resolved in the manner the friend wanted (he did not want the VRs refunded to CC naturally but the manager insisted...)

Good luck and do report back on the outcome.
These are all the new styled ones.
Funny thing is...this CVS has been been devoid of VRs for a long time. And they suddenly showed up.

I'm going to go find out when the manager is on duty...and have a talk. Hopefully, this is something he did. Because I'm really hoping that this wasn't a security breach.
I'll get him to call InComm and verify that each card is inactive. And then make him just refund my card. Because at this point, I'd rather just have the money back safely.

Thing is....If CVS security team had spoken to that cashier...I would have heard about it. She works at the pharmacy and I'm friends with the pharmacy manager.
Goddamit.
I'm really just hoping it's what you said.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:44 am

for the new month- No problems loading 2 VRs to BB via website this AM.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are all the new styled ones.
Funny thing is...this CVS has been been devoid of VRs for a long time. And they suddenly showed up.

I'm going to go find out when the manager is on duty...and have a talk. Hopefully, this is something he did. Because I'm really hoping that this wasn't a security breach.
I'll get him to call InComm and verify that each card is inactive. And then make him just refund my card. Because at this point, I'd rather just have the money back safely.

Thing is....If CVS security team had spoken to that cashier...I would have heard about it. She works at the pharmacy and I'm friends with the pharmacy manager.
Goddamit.
I'm really just hoping it's what you said.
I am confused - are your cards inactive or the value stolen?

I would not count on the "news" obtained from the grapewine. 'nuf said.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM

Running into a similar issue with one of my cards. New style, was already used before I could load my BB. Purchased yesterday. No resolution yet; will update when/if I hear back on the dispute from InComm.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got PIN already used Error 90 scare but all went well after retry

This was the 1st load on my own BB for Dec, after successfully loading 2 to husband's.

Got the PIN Already Used. Error 90 red message at final screen.

Checked my screen shot of 1st screen and found PIN was entered correctly.

Decided to give it one more try from the beginning before calling InComm. This time it went thru as normal.

My guess is, there is a second or 2 communication breakdown between InComm and BB after the final confirmation, after the PIN is already successfully sent, but BB has not returned the receipt signal before the interruption. Hence the error which is really misleading in this case and causes unnecessary panic.

I am sure there are some have encountered such and reported in the past already. But it is worthy of mentioning again just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.