Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:49 am

Another data point. I have been successful buying VR at CVS, loading onto BB, sending small test payments to car loan (Honda) and mortgage (Wells Fargo). It took two days for the payments to gets from BB to the above companies. I was able to find the required zip codes pretty easily.

I now plan on increasing to full payments. I am going to use various cards to purchase VR at CVS, not all HH Amex. This could lead to FR. I am only paying for things that I could otherwise not get points for.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by Happy
Any Floridians out there have set up bill pay FPL?

Do you use the hyphen on your account number?

I gather the zip code is the FPL zip code on the bill, but not your own zip code.

Yes, successfully added FPL. No hyphens and when I added FPL it showed up in the system. I don't recall adding a zip code, but if you need to, its Fpl's zip code including the zip+4(without the hyphen)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrSifu
Buy other reload cards. Fund your Paypal acct with them. Get a Paypal debit card and then use it to fund your Bluebird
I could do this. What are the total transaction fees and how much does it cost per point/mile?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:17 am

Exactly the move you want, UpstatePoints

Originally Posted by UpstatePoints
Another data point. I have been successful buying VR at CVS, loading onto BB, sending small test payments to car loan (Honda) and mortgage (Wells Fargo). It took two days for the payments to gets from BB to the above companies. I was able to find the required zip codes pretty easily.

I now plan on increasing to full payments. I am going to use various cards to purchase VR at CVS, not all HH Amex. This could lead to FR. I am only paying for things that I could otherwise not get points for.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:58 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Pull?

Originally Posted by DrSifu
Buy other reload cards. Fund your Paypal acct with them. Get a Paypal debit card and then use it to fund your Bluebird
Hard or soft pull, or none at all, for the Paypal debit? It asks for my full SSN.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by ngupta
Exactly the move you want, UpstatePoints
I am new to this, but learning fast.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:46 am

serve

I know people had to close their serve accounts before signing up for BB. However, some have been able to sign up for serve again (after BB sign-up) according to comments on FM's blog. Did anybody else successfully sign-up for serve after BB?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Chase freedom has 5X at drugstores starting jan 1 for the first 1500 spend in the quarter, hopefully CVS is still selling these things come 2013, it will be like a mini OD revival
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by particlemn
Chase freedom has 5X at drugstores starting jan 1 for the first 1500 spend in the quarter, hopefully CVS is still selling these things come 2013, it will be like a mini OD revival
If by OD you mean overdose, because the cc company will think you're selling oxycodone if you run up spend at a drugstore quickly!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
a real mini.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
Only those obsessed with squeezing every point or mile out of every $ that leaves their pocket every month will pursue this regularly (you can count me in amongst those ). Now if Chase comes out with a new card which gives 5X UR points at drug stores, that could be a deal breaker! I am actually praying that CVS does not become one of the Freedom cards quarterly bonuses in the future.
I guess I should not have given them any ideas! At least the $1500 cap should keep people from ruining this like they did with OD.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying and sleeping
Originally Posted by DL172
a real mini.
Eh - 4515 points is 4515 points. We should blog about it so every Freedom cardholder makes a run to Walgreens.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by express3
Yes, successfully added FPL. No hyphens and when I added FPL it showed up in the system. I don't recall adding a zip code, but if you need to, its Fpl's zip code including the zip+4(without the hyphen)
Thank You! Have you made payment yet? My bill generally closes end of the month so I am preparing this ahead of time.

When I used FPL alone, no choice. Florida Power and Light Company, also no choice but Florida Power and Light, the auto choice popped up and the box show up on the right hand side to input account details. I then notice there is a box for Zip Code with instruction that is to be found on your FPL bill. The zip code box does not show up when you add CC bill pay such as Citi and Chase.

Test payment to Citi card went as promised.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:33 am

I seen the post upthread. However, this BB thing is becoming depressing.

Drugstores at 1pt is a bummer. I thought I would rather have some points than none, but honestly, I am not certain with the cost and time it's worth it.

However, I did find a location around Dallas today.

If anyone is in the area and would like the specific location please PM me and I will share the info.

Last edited by shoreline; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:51 am Reason: willing to share info. if interested
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:41 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by akp
Hard or soft pull, or none at all, for the Paypal debit? It asks for my full SSN.
There is no credit pull. It's just to verify your identity. Similar to the AMEX prepaid cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.