Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 3, 12, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
I would not rely on someone who only knows the basics about these deals and even gets those wrong at times.
Care to share? I'd love to know what he's said that is incorrect. Also would appreciate any insight you can offer that adds to what he has posted on. Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 12, 7:14 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by greek2me View Post
Care to share? I'd love to know what he's said that is incorrect. Also would appreciate any insight you can offer that adds to what he has posted on. Thanks!
Smokescreen. Some here claim to know it all but offer no evidence of any such knowledge, instead just throwing out accusations like this against others presumably in the hope of deterring others
Old Nov 3, 12, 7:15 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
Would buying Vanilla Reloads with Citi AA card at Office Depot be treated as cash advance by Citi, or still a purchase transaction like Ink?
It has posted as a regular transaction for me.
Old Nov 3, 12, 7:47 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I bought VR with Citi HH last week and it looks like it's billed like a regular OD purchase.
Thanks!

finally rec the bb now to search for the VR...been checking this past week, but no luck so far

I'm mainly interested in meeting cc spends, working in citi HH, and the amex delta. Don't have an ink yet.

QUICK QUESTION, anyone sent a car payment to Honda? Seems I need to do it manually and send a check. I've read that many successfully paid mortagages, what about HOA payments?
Old Nov 3, 12, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4 View Post
Not sure I understand... So you're saying there was not his address on the check?
I'm saying it's whatever address I input. In this case, it was his, but it just as easily could have been yours or mine.

So I'm thinking (and may be wrong) that you could put the tax office as the payee with your own address and have their check set to your home. When it arrives, you can then take it to the clerk yourself.

Though it would be much easier to send it direct and use the memo field for your parcel #
Old Nov 3, 12, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
Anybody wonder why AMEX wants a SS# when singing up for BB?
Identity verification - part of the patriot act IIRC
Old Nov 3, 12, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
OK, has anybody successfully paid their property tax with BB?

I've read that some have paid their Wells Fargo mortgage... but has anybody run into problems with this? Do you simply enter in your account number (and address, I presume) in the comments section? If taxes become an issue, I'll try paying my mortgage, but I'd really rather pay taxes. My main checking acct is with Wells. I'm worried that it'll raise some red flags if I pay my Wells mortgage if the checking account has more than enough cash in it!
I was able to pay mine, but the county tax collector was in BB's list, so it went as an ACH and posted the next day. Both my mortgage company and car loans (toyota) are in there and I've made a payment to the car loan as well.
Old Nov 3, 12, 8:27 am

Any way of knowing when a check sent out by BB has been cashed?
Old Nov 3, 12, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07 View Post
Any way of knowing when a check sent out by BB has been cashed?
Although not instantaneous, the status of your payment on the BB site (go to Pay Bills and View Payment History) should change from Pending to Completed. I had one check that was received and deposited on the 29th. Checking BB that same day, it still said Pending but by the next morning, it was updated to Completed.
Old Nov 3, 12, 8:58 am
Suspended

Wallgreen's clerk demanded cash for beans
Old Nov 3, 12, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by greek2me View Post
Care to share?
Should I just post it here or on the blogs?
Old Nov 3, 12, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21 View Post
I was able to pay mine, but the county tax collector was in BB's list, so it went as an ACH and posted the next day. Both my mortgage company and car loans (toyota) are in there and I've made a payment to the car loan as well.
My county's tax collector is also in BB's list, so I'm tempted to pay my property tax. However, my concern is that I won't know for sure if the transaction was successfully completed. Even if the payment is deducted from BB, I'd be concerned that the county didn't register it correctly, and I'd have no idea to check; whereas I can easily check to see if my mortgage payments went through easily.
Old Nov 3, 12, 9:58 am

Is anyone else getting a "Card Not Found (4006)" error when trying to load any AMEX prepaid today in the last few hours including Bluebird?
Old Nov 3, 12, 10:19 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
No but I had problems loading the 31st card onto my NetSpend Account (been slowly loading cards for a couple months, I tried to load $1000 today (to take the total loaded (not balance) from $14,500 to $15,500). It took the first card but not the second.

Anybody had luck loading over $15k, not in one month.
Old Nov 3, 12, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by joesmoe View Post
Anybody had luck loading over $15k, not in one month.
Yes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: