Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Oct 29, 12, 12:45 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Million Miles Secrets has a holds your hand and takes you step by step. I don't know how he could make it any easier so I recommend his blog to anyone who needs simple step by steps. I'm not a big fan of this kind of manipulation and don't use these cards myself but for those who want to try it, he seems to clearly describe what to do and the potential problems you can run into. If you cannot understand his explanation, my VERY strong recommendation is that you don't mess with stuff like this. Most people will screw it up and just cost themselves fees. You have to be very, very clear-minded and willing to go step by step. Good luck.

Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
Iíve read on a blog about hos the Ink bold could be used to purchase vanilla cards which in turn could work with the bluebird card to pay mortgage and other bills. How exactly does this work? I suspect that you would use your ink bold or plus card to maximize spend by going to office depot to buy a reloadable vanilla card?

Then you would use the vanilla card to loan to the bluebird account? Then sign up your mortgage for auto debit linking it to the bluebird account?

With the vanilla card, do I need to go to office depot each month to purchase more gift cards or could I just use my bold card to load more $$ into it?

Any details or links would be appreciated.
Old Oct 29, 12, 1:00 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I suspect that you would use your ink bold or plus card to maximize spend by going to office depot to buy a reloadable vanilla card?

Correction... You use BOTH of them
Old Oct 29, 12, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Iíve read on a blog about hos the Ink bold could be used to purchase vanilla cards which in turn could work with the bluebird card to pay mortgage and other bills. How exactly does this work? I suspect that you would use your ink bold or plus card to maximize spend by going to office depot to buy a reloadable vanilla card?

Then you would use the vanilla card to loan to the bluebird account? Then sign up your mortgage for auto debit linking it to the bluebird account?

With the vanilla card, do I need to go to office depot each month to purchase more gift cards or could I just use my bold card to load more $$ into it?

Any details or links would be appreciated.
68 pages in this thread and we are still asking these questions?
Old Oct 29, 12, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ricohitman View Post
No crap...
Old Oct 29, 12, 1:53 pm

Tru. Dat.
Old Oct 29, 12, 1:55 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Yeah this isn't exactly rocket science and a few minutes or so of reading spells it all out. Mostly common sense.
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:02 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Maybe if you people stop using this morse code with ice cream, bird etc.. they will stop asking these questions. 2c.

Last edited by saacman5033; Oct 29, 12 at 7:04 pm Reason: Edited out violation of FT T&C
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian View Post
Maybe if you people stop using this morse code with ice cream, bird etc.. they will stop asking these questions. 2c.
You seriously cannot figure that out...??

Last edited by saacman5033; Oct 29, 12 at 7:04 pm Reason: Edited quoted text
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
To give some data points on Bill Pay - I paid 2 bills this month:

• Check sent to North Carolina submitted 10/25, estimated delivery date 10/30, received by company 10/29.
  • Check sent to California, submitted 10/26, estimated delivery date 10/29, received by company 10/29.

I know the T&C's state that it must be submitted 5 business days prior to the due date in order for BB to cover late fees, which probably would still be the case, even though prior to submitting the bill pay request, I was given estimated delivery dates of only 2-3 business days.

It looks like they mail from somewhere on the west coast, since the check arrived in California 2 days faster than North Carolina. Both companies successfully processed the checks and applied them to my accounts. Thanks BB! ^^
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian View Post
The longer we use our "morse code", the longer I can go to the ice cream store to buy my bluebird's favorite ice cream, she only wants me to purchase vanilla. A lot of ice cream stores near me have sold out of my bird's favorite flavor, so I to drive far to find my bird her favorite ice cream.

Last edited by saacman5033; Oct 29, 12 at 7:05 pm Reason: Edited quoted text
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:37 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Originally Posted by DL172 View Post
The longer we use our "morse code", the longer I can go to the ice cream store to buy my bluebird's favorite ice cream, she only wants me to purchase vanilla. A lot of ice cream stores near me have sold out of my bird's favorite flavor, so I to drive far to find my bird her favorite ice cream.
Oh man... what do I do if my bird is a vegan?

Last edited by saacman5033; Oct 29, 12 at 7:05 pm Reason: Edited quoted text
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:37 pm

so what's a cardinal? the youtube clip does not help. I'm assuming a cardinal is the fraud dept at a credit card company. or could it be slang for fbi? what's the history behind the term as it is used on here?
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
I saw him posting here recently, forget which thread though.

I prefer this skit to the Inquisition skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:38 pm
Used to be garyjr316

I hope they have that the vanilla flavor at my other local ice cream store because I just bought the last scoop of vanilla at one of the two in my area and the manager didn't know if they would be getting any more flavors in anytime soon...
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:46 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
why in the heck do we even need codewords if this is spelled out 50+ times in this thread and multiple other blogs?
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:47 pm

Smile

Hello everyone, I know it is the 68th page of questions, but please help the newbies.... This is my 1st time buying a reload.
I have BB registered and the card in hand. Bought the right reload card today. Even though there is a lot of info, I am missing something. For a 1st timer, do I need anything else other than the BB account/card and the reload card? The MMS blog that I read shows acc# and pin, however my reload card only has a pin. The part I am missing is the actual reload from the reload card to BB. Is there anything else I need?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Search this Thread
Search Engine: