Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
For the many of you who don't have beans available (i.e. Apparently the WHOLE eastern seaboard!), check out FM's post today and make your way to Target...
what is the post#, I am not able to find it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:42 am
xp0

Originally Posted by troyhouse
what is the post#, I am not able to find it.
*Slaps head*
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Why shouldn't this work? What's the difference between sending a check or doing an ACH transfer? Seems like less work on blueberry's part.

I'm not sure I'd view having an ACH transfer request posted to my BB account as an automatic violation of the T&C. But of course...having people do tests like this and reporting back is how we learn.

Keep us apprised, @Mrgolfer21.
Update: While the test deposits didn't show online with BB in the transaction history, I did receive two emails from BB saying my "direct deposit load completed". Put the amounts into paypal and verified the bank. So, looks like two data points here...1) this counts as a direct deposit, and 2) you can use the direct deposit info to pull funds from your account.

I did just login to BB and now the two deposits are showing up, which they weren't earlier this morning.

I'm going to do a test move of funds from my BB account to PP and see how long it takes.

I would NOT recommend that people move money from BB to their other checking account via PP, that I'm sure will get you shut down by PP.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

anyone aware of a prepaid debit card product with pin which can be used for bird feeding?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by xp0
*Slaps head*
hahah no kidding...
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:53 am

Yes, PayPower worked for me, it requires you to feed it with ReloadIt, which is difficult to get with CC.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
anyone aware of a prepaid debit card product with pin which can be used for bird feeding?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:57 am
xp0

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Yes, PayPower worked for me, it requires you to feed it with ReloadIt, which is difficult to get with CC.
For me its just straight up difficult to get. I cant even find the ReloadIts. I have checked at least 10 stores on their "list"
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:02 am
Suspended

Cool, thanks. Just checked and I guess the recurring monthly fee of $5.95 + $4 reload fee makes sense if you can use the bird to pay off large and consistent monthly balances.

Btw, i thought reloadit recharges were cash only purchases. Guess you must have found somewhere where they take cards. I have one vendor near me, gonna check them out.

Do you add reloadit packs to your paypower on paypowers website or is it done at the counter? Thanks

Last edited by TroyMcClure; Oct 29, 2012 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 am

I found ReloadIt cards available in every safeway I visited in bay area, but it is difficult to find a cashier that takes CC.

Originally Posted by xp0
For me its just straight up difficult to get. I cant even find the ReloadIts. I have checked at least 10 stores on their "list"
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:06 am

Yes, the ReLoadIt can load NS, PayPower and a few others.

Cool, thanks. There is a one time fee of $5 with paypower as far as I recall, gotta check out their webpage. When you say reloadit are you talking about the netspend reload packs?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:21 am

Yes, some cashiers are willing to take CC.

I load ReLoadIt pack at PayPower web.

Cool, thanks. Just checked and I guess the recurring monthly fee of $5.95 + $4 reload fee makes sense if you can use the bird to pay off large and consistent monthly balances.

Btw, i thought reloadit recharges were cash only purchases. Guess you must have found somewhere where they take cards. I have one vendor near me, gonna check them out.

Do you add reloadit packs to your paypower on paypowers website or is it done at the counter? Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:23 am

Sorry, I meant loading ReLoadIt pack at reloadit.com.

Yes, some cashiers are willing to take CC.

I load ReLoadIt pack at PayPower web.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:25 am

I tried purchasing a walmart MO with my bb card, transaction did not go through. It worked perfectly fine with my NS card.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:12 pm

vanilla card and bluebird?

I’ve read on a blog about hos the Ink bold could be used to purchase vanilla cards which in turn could work with the bluebird card to pay mortgage and other bills. How exactly does this work? I suspect that you would use your ink bold or plus card to maximize spend by going to office depot to buy a reloadable vanilla card?

Then you would use the vanilla card to loan to the bluebird account? Then sign up your mortgage for auto debit linking it to the bluebird account?

With the vanilla card, do I need to go to office depot each month to purchase more gift cards or could I just use my bold card to load more $$ into it?

Any details or links would be appreciated.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I’ve read on a blog about hos the Ink bold could be used to purchase vanilla cards which in turn could work with the bluebird card to pay mortgage and other bills. How exactly does this work? I suspect that you would use your ink bold or plus card to maximize spend by going to office depot to buy a reloadable vanilla card?

Then you would use the vanilla card to loan to the bluebird account? Then sign up your mortgage for auto debit linking it to the bluebird account?

With the vanilla card, do I need to go to office depot each month to purchase more gift cards or could I just use my bold card to load more $$ into it?

Any details or links would be appreciated.
vanilla may taste nice once but , once chase finds out PERK ABUSE, vanilla will turn in to poison

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.