FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1395628-wal-mart-amex-take-banks-bluebird-debit-card.html)

the4aces Oct 17, 2012 11:45 pm

What is the ice cream method?

webazoid Oct 18, 2012 12:08 am

Originally Posted by the4aces (Post 19517577)
What is the ice cream method?

vanilla flavored reload cards

QL_714 Oct 18, 2012 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 19516027)
Then I ask about the Free Money Pass ATM use with DD and he says it is always free.

He is talking about the fee the ATM charges and he is correct. Do us all a favor and stop calling. :rolleyes:

Preacher7 Oct 18, 2012 8:01 am

"Citi no longer allowing churning"

You can still churn the Hilton, and can't you still churn the AA Biz?

My big question about BB is this: Can I buy 1K MOs at Wallyworld with it, using its limited debit functions. Anyone try that yet?

TheBOSman Oct 18, 2012 8:43 am

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Nobody has gotten the permanent card yet to my knowledge, and the temp card is limited in what you can load on it (even with cash). I'm waiting for the permanent before I try much of anything.

Stoughton Oct 18, 2012 8:47 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 19519436)
Nobody has gotten the permanent card yet to my knowledge, and the temp card is limited in what you can load on it (even with cash). I'm waiting for the permanent before I try much of anything.

What? And leave all those asking questions that can't possibly be answered yet hanging in suspense? ;)

TheBOSman Oct 18, 2012 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 19519465)

What? And leave all those asking questions that can't possibly be answered yet hanging in suspense? ;)

Sometimes the good things come to those who wait ;).

THEsocalledfan Oct 18, 2012 11:10 am

Quick question, why are some many "buying" the card when you can order it for free on-line? Did I miss something? Just so you could play with how to load?

Stoughton Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 19520392)
Quick question, why are some many "buying" the card when you can order it for free on-line? Did I miss something? Just so you could play with how to load?

Just to get online and check out the features and test things out.

PresskittJon Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 19516027)
This guy put me on hold 3 times and says any DD will be fine and that it doesn't have to be from a employer. I ask him how to set it up but he gives me wrong info several times and stammers and stutters along for 35 minutes. No resolution to that part

He says it is all new info so UH UH UH DUH and that he can only go by what is on his screen.

So I ask him if after months of marketing by AMEX and Walmart and new media you release a card and don't have the facts yet and he says basically.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get mad at him.:td:

So it really is a Wal Mart product :p

sonofzeus Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Cancelled Serve yesterday. Order new BB today. Looking forward to the possibilities.

alexlar2007 Oct 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Every time I go shopping for Vanilla cards, I actually buy real ice cream. Ice cream shop is located right near OD and sells organic vanilla.

iqbalt80 Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by alexlar2007 (Post 19521596)
Every time I go shopping for Vanilla cards, I actually buy real ice cream. Ice cream shop is located right near OD and sells organic vanilla.

+1. At least you are buying a Vanilla ;)

soarer Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm

is there any of the AMEX consumer protection included ?

or AMEX extended warranties ?

frozyn Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by soarer (Post 19522041)
is there any of the AMEX consumer protection included ?

or AMEX extended warranties ?

Purchase protection is provided as well as Roadside Assistance. I did not see extended warranties anywhere on the main page or searching quickly through the terms.