Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, SPG
Smile

Originally Posted by QL_714
...and if it was over 250k what would they be asking for?
First class tickets to the Maldives
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
...and if it was over 250k what would they be asking for?
One heck of a nice vacation . I view it as a naked $25k, without any other spend.

Of course, $250k won't get a bonus on $200k of it .
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Of course, $250k won't get a bonus on $200k of it .
250k gets you five bonuses!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:49 pm
wcj

Ooze just pay before the bank does. I have the same issue with some rental properties. I pay taxes and insurance, no bill sent or $0bill sent to bank, bank sends refund check every year. Bank is required to refund escrow balances over a certain amount, works like a charm.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

250k gets you five bonuses!
And a very quick visit from Cardinal Fang, unless you have more small businesses than Pablo Escobar .
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
And a very quick visit from Cardinal Fang, unless you have more small businesses than Pablo Escobar .
Speaking of "Fang" I have not seen him around. Hope he is OK.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could someone clue me in on the "Cardinal Fang" slang? I think that the cardinals are watchful eyes from financial companies, but might be missing the boat altogether. Feel free to PM me....
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of "Fang" I have not seen him around. Hope he is OK.
I saw him posting here recently, forget which thread though.

Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could someone clue me in on the "Cardinal Fang" slang? I think that the cardinals are watchful eyes from financial companies, but might be missing the boat altogether. Feel free to PM me....
I prefer this skit to the Inquisition skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:51 pm

[QUOTE=And a word of advice - get rid of your escrow asap. You can do far better with your money than they'll give you on the escrow account.[/QUOTE]

Really, my mortgage is with BofA and I always thought you had to have tax escrow with mortgages. Guess I need to make some phone calls
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:05 pm

I called AMEX today about something entirely different but while the rep was on hold with another department I asked her if wanted to play Jeopardy. Why can my sister fund her AAA prepaid card with any AMEX card but I can't do the same things with Bluebird. She then put me on hold and came back with, 'we are working on it'.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by WOXOF
Really, my mortgage is with BofA and I always thought you had to have tax escrow with mortgages. Guess I need to make some phone calls
If your like me and have negative equity, and you have your mortgage with BofA they won't allow you to not have an escrow. Tried many times. If you have equity in your home they will allow you to do it.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Glock... did you add B of A as a new payee to send the payment or did you use the existing one that shows up when you search for B of A? I guess I could just add them as a new payee if I know my information is correct.
I used existing payee in their searchable list.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:02 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by glocklt4
I used existing payee in their searchable list.
Okay I got it figured out. May be useful to other people having the same issue. Even though it was saying that there was a problem with my account number it really had nothing to do with it. Once I put in the full 9 digit zip code of where I am sending the payment it went through fine. I have no clue why it was saying that there was something wrong with the account number.

To sum it up.

Account #: Whatever your mortgage account number is
Zip code: Use full 9 digit zip code with no dashes of where you will be sending your payment.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:38 pm

I bought some v reloads at OD, like i do every week, and tried to add them to my new BB and it gives an error 83 saying I need to call.

I called V and they said it doesn't work with the BB.

Anyone else?

For reference I got my BB from the Amex site and it was mailed to me on Monday. I activated it online.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tummy
I bought some v reloads at OD, like i do every week, and tried to add them to my new BB and it gives an error 83 saying I need to call.

I called V and they said it doesn't work with the BB.

Anyone else?

For reference I got my BB from the Amex site and it was mailed to me on Monday. I activated it online.
That's potentially disturbing. But many here (including me) have had no problems loading these.

Can you post a picture of the front of the V card in question? Definitely the bean variety?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.