Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
No YMMV. Give me proof of one credible closure and I'll give you YMMV. Or is it like God, I just have to have "faith"?
+1. Show me the money!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by kdinino
friendly bump to any FTers to send me some PM love if you see any beans in America's Finest city...anything below the golden triangle would be ideal I am striking out now in Rainbow country and down near the Petco area
Looks like you are over your limit for PMs. PM me if you're willing to drive a little further north, I know of some ^
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Nothin' on Maui

Looks like there are no beans on the entire island of Maui. Please PM me if you know differently. Good luck, y'all!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Several dozen
You gotta have faith in the cardinals.

Over here I have six dead BOA accounts and four dead APs.

Jeez, is there no such thing as professional courtesy these days!

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
No YMMV. Give me proof of one credible closure and I'll give you YMMV. Or is it like God, I just have to have "faith"?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: Several dozen
If you can't farm beans in Maui, maybe you should move to Kauai and ranch chickens.

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Looks like there are no beans on the entire island of Maui. Please PM me if you know differently. Good luck, y'all!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>>>>>>Over here I have six dead BOA accounts and four dead APs.

I thought once the cardinals at BOA blacklist you...you are never getting into bed with them. Verdad or not?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hamnori
Found several beans at the local CVS in a small town. Would you guys suggest getting it right away, or wait till January for the 5x bonus with Freedom?? (Or hide behind some random items?? )
No need to hide them or purchase them right away. They are safe. Go ahead and wait for the Freedom card. Plus, they may go on sale after the holidays.

BTW, what's the address of the store?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:49 pm

re

Originally Posted by kblagg
I tried to buy one of the VR at my local CVS and the cashier wouldn't allow me to buy it with a CC. I've bought them before at this particular CVS so it may just be the cashier. She wouldn't even try to process the transaction.
Thats when you ask to speak to the manager on duty and tell him this is a "training opportunity" to educate his employees on how to process a reload card sale. then you can make the dumb cashier look dumb in front of her boss. If they get angry, rude or snippy I just ask for the boss. I'm the customer and I'm about to spend $1000 in their crappy little drug store, I don't have to put up with attitude from a minimum wage button pusher.
DTKWIA
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
No need to hide them or purchase them right away. They are safe. Go ahead and wait for the Freedom card. Plus, they may go on sale after the holidays.

BTW, what's the address of the store?
LOL.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ddallas
LOL.
+1 - VR's are never going to be on sale! at most, there might be a small discount for the processing fee...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by the_jaguar
+1 - VR's are never going to be on sale! at most, there might be a small discount for the processing fee...
Why would they? Their sales are pretty brisk already
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by the_jaguar
VRs were on sale at my local CVS for Black Friday. 25% off and no activation fee. I bought $500k.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by sk8uno
VRs were on sale at my local CVS for Black Friday. 25% off and no activation fee. I bought $500k.
nice! quite impressive!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by sk8uno
Wow, I only got 15% off at my local CVS. There must also be another FT'er in my town because the first time I went there were about 50 cards but I bought the last 5 a few days ago.

Seriously though, when I bought the 5, I got a 25% off coupon for my next purchase. It excluded a number of things but I made great use of it yesterday as we needed to stock up on baby stuff. Saved me $60 on stuff we would have bought anyway.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by SpongyBard
Has anyone encountered a problem where the Vanilla reload site reports "Card Not Found (4006)" for your Bluebird card?
STILL trying to get this resolved weeks later.

Curious - can someone tell me what error code you get if you enter a valid card number on the VR site but a bad reload PIN number (just try all 0s or something)? I don't have another prepaid card I can try with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.