Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Hard to believe but there are no CVS stores in the entire states of Oregon or Washington! I was all ready
to get out there with my CC thinking I just needed to find the nearest store. Really bummed!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by jkr4040
I stopped at an OD in MD tonight on my way home from work to pick up 2 $500 visa gift cards at the register they took my Ink card and ID then called a number for what I assume was Chase to confirm the billing address was the same as my ID address....

....Has anyone else encountered this at OD?
Yep. Ran into that a couple of times before OD pulled the plug on Vanilla Reload cards. Nothing to worry about (as long as you're not using a stolen credit card).
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Originally Posted by jkr4040
I stopped at an OD in MD tonight on my way home from work to pick up 2 $500 visa gift cards at the register they took my Ink card and ID then called a number for what I assume was Chase to confirm the billing address was the same as my ID address....

....Has anyone else encountered this at OD?
Yep. Ran into that a couple of times before OD pulled the plug on Vanilla Reload cards. Nothing to worry about (as long as you're not using a stolen credit card).
Not good when your license doesn't have the same address because you have moved .
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
how do you get miles if the card is stolen?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:15 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by particlemn
hahaha lollol
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Are you using the ones you buy from AMEX through Big Crumbs, or the ones you buy in a store?
Ones i buy on bigcrumbs
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:18 pm

. . . I guess you can always buy miles . . .
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: UR, *A, UA
Originally Posted by poptarts
No, sorry, none in SD or Orange County. They have been banned for years; you know, local municipal ordinance and all. Try Kansas City or DC!!
WHY I OUGGA!!!!!
What I meant to say is...ahem...won't some nice, charming, ICE Cream Hoarder (I'm calling the show, really) share with a poor sad low miles wannabe?

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Went to a San Jose CVS and talked to a manager. As per her, they are putting weekly orders for the VR but the warehouse is always empty..
I guess all the Southern stores are getting it..
Either that or someone in SJ is buying them all faster than she can restock. I check at least 3 stores more than once a week...bubkiss!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:36 pm
Suspended

This is a joke, right?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by webazoid
anatomy of a vanilla CVS.....

After walking into a dozen cvs's, i've notice one common theme. Those that carry vanillas don't have prominent displays featuring the green dot products. so if u seem a prominent green dot display, they won't stock vanillas. those that don't have a green dot display will feature vanillas.
I had the same experience. 3 different CVS's within a mile radius, none had VRs for weeks. Went on a Wednesday - no VRs and no GD display. Went back the following Saturday - all had VRs and all had GD displays. I wonder how these 2 products are linked by the GC vendor CVS uses.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
Anyone been successful using BB to pay down your Amex bill if you used your Amex to buy the cards to get 6 Hilton points per dollar spent? I have been successful paying my mgt, car pmt, and other credit cards but didn't know if paying down the Amex was getting too circular?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
I have to think that it would work, but I am not going there as it is very circular. No reason for me to bring unwanted added attention from AMEX/CVS and kill the deal for me, before others who get greedy and kill it for all of us.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:23 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
"due to the success and high demand for bluebird, we are not currently accepting calls"

worst customer service ever. at least put me on hold..
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by srittle001
Anyone been successful using BB to pay down your Amex bill if you used your Amex to buy the cards to get 6 Hilton points per dollar spent? I have been successful paying my mgt, car pmt, and other credit cards but didn't know if paying down the Amex was getting too circular?
Yes
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:49 pm

Has anyone succeded in bill-paying SunTrust debit cards and having it show up on your bank account? Looking to earn some Delta miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.