Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jchock1
Update: I was able to have my checking account instantly verified, and just transferred $2k into it from BB. It indicated it would take 2-3 days for the funds to appear in my checking account, but the funds were immediately deducted from my bb account. There was an option to "Transfer More Money", so it looks like you can probably transfer the entire balance of the bb account into your checking account, subject to the $10k total balance allowed.
I did a trial transfer and was able to transfer $10 from BB to my Chase checking. No problems. However, I'm a little nervous about larger transfers right now. We'll see.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Now I can start stockpiling cheerios, toilet roll and washing detergent along with debit card reloads
When I see a post like this my first thought is "are you kidding me" but if you are at the store anyway why not.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:42 am
Suspended

anyone share any locations close to LAX that sell beans? PM appreciated!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: many
I actually got a coupon for $4.95 off of my next GreenDot purchase at my favorite grocery store.
Only one? For some reason my printer spits them out in multiples.
Oh well, besides, not enough vehicles for all the oil change coupons.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Disregard, I found my answer
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by greek2me
I'd be willing to bet the tab on the next Boston Do that you'd still do it then too Mike. You and the rest of us like the game too much to stop no matter what your financial situation.
Guilty as charged.

Next BOS Do, btw, likely will be a lunch Do, since we're going to be inside and it gets too noisy at dinner. Not that I'm the only organizer in the area...

Okay, one other housekeeping item: Yes, there are some posts that have gone OT or tangential. And frankly, that's not only inevitable but also often a good thing.

What's bad is the snarkiness directed at posters. Yeah, you have a couple extra posts to read: so skim it. If you have a problem with it, notify a Mod by clicking on the little triangle in the bottom corner. But there's a reason that FT has a reputation of being anal and unwelcoming.

Let's all just try to get along, 'k?

Mike
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by pcharles
Only one? For some reason my printer spits them out in multiples.
Oh well, besides, not enough vehicles for all the oil change coupons.
nice idea ^
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
plenty of vanilla beans available in the rainbow area of town in San Diego at your local cee vee ess. Now this would be the Visa logo'd my vanilla ice cream flavor...not sure if they taste as goos as the former OD flavors, but seems to work just fine for me. Enough ice cream to feed a small army
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by kdinino
plenty of vanilla beans available in the rainbow area of town in San Diego at your local cee vee ess. Now this would be the Visa logo'd my vanilla ice cream flavor...not sure if they taste as goos as the former OD flavors, but seems to work just fine for me. Enough ice cream to feed a small army
It would be nicer to know they have plain vanilla rather than my vanilla in the "small mountain top" area. I have seen my vanilla at every cee vee ess I have gone to (about 7) in SAN. I just don't know how to unload those as easily.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:17 pm

Why would anyone care about being able to buy Vanilla Visa cards at a CVS?

There's nothing special about any of the Visa gift cards (Vanilla or otherwise). You can buy them with a credit card anywhere. They can not be used to load a BB account - only the hard-to-find "Vanilla Reload" cards are "special" in that regard. I don't understand why anyone would get excited about Visa gift cards...?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Data point

Finally, after flying to a state that has Cee Vee Ess and searching 3, found some in Brookfield, WI. Others had them but wouldn't sell to a CC. Supervisor rang me up, got an "alternate tender required" message, reran the card and it went through.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: A few
... is with this cee vee ess thing? are we back to the retarded code-that-is-not-code-about-something-everybody-knows-about again?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Bluebird Customer Service From Hell

Paid some business merchant bills and sent a legitimate check to someone (personal, not a merchant) for $1295. Bluebird info states the check will arrive by November 9. Check has not been received. Called Bluebird a few times between Nov 11 and last week but always received a message saying they were busy and to try back another time. Cannot find any other way of contacting BB except the one customer service number. Tried again today and finally (after a long hold wait) got to speak to someone and explained the check was never received. Customer service rep said I should have the merchant contact their bank. I said it wasn't a merchant, just an individual. CSR said they still have to contact their bank. I said, for what? The check was not received. We kept going back and forth and my voice was raising. She put me on hold and came back and said her supervisor said the same thing. Anyway, major frustration trying to deal with BB. I asked for another supervisor and she got someone else on the line. She was in the Philippines and transferred me to someone in India. The next rep said I cannot pay a person, has to be a merchant. I said that is not true as I have paid a person previously. Finally after going back and forth, he said they are going to dispute it. I said what is there to dispute. The check was never received. Put the funds back in my account. He said he has not way to see if the funds were cashed. I asked what kind of customer service they were. Anyway, sorry about the frustration in my rant. Finally had enough and he said I would hear back in two days via phone call. I won't hold my breath. (typed this quickly, hope it makes sense)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:19 pm

... is with this cee vee ess thing? are we back to the retarded code-that-is-not-code-about-something-everybody-knows-about again?

nothing to know, nothing special, code or no code.

unless, you are not looking to load your BB.

I am guessing these folks are using these cards in a different manor.

maybe they will speak to that issue.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:19 pm

Has anyone had any luck purchasing a VB at either Dollar General or Family Dollar? The staff act like third graders. I know you need to have the card you want to load present, but it seems that there system does not allow for purchases by credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.