Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 24, 12, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
You haven't had problems using a SPG AMEX to buy Amex gift cards? No FR?
No, but i haven't bought amex gc's for quite a few months...i don't make a habit of it, and i've used other cards previously to buy them.
Old Nov 24, 12, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
It would be of some value if both of you would at least give basic information of your locations where Walgreen acts more like CVS.

Without at least the city's name, such info is largely useless for those folks who have no CVS in their cities. just sayin.
I thought mine was a little obvious from my screenname, but to be very specific, the Mira Mesa Walgreens and CVS.
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:11 pm

Since OD no longer sells vanilla prepaid and my walgreens will take cash only for them, can I buy gift cards from OD and use those at walmart checkout counter to load my BB?
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:24 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, Executive Club, Rapid Rewards, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
Just to throw the question out there, who's under a FR by AMEX? Do you own a Hilton AMEX? Are you maxing out the 5K a month for VR's? Can you share your experiences?
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:31 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by naseefc View Post
...can I buy gift cards from OD and use those at walmart checkout counter to load my BB?
No.
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Saitoh2319 View Post
Just to throw the question out there, who's under a FR by AMEX? Do you own a Hilton AMEX? Are you maxing out the 5K a month for VR's? Can you share your experiences?
i got hit with FR by amex few weeks after i got the 2 SPG cards(personal biz)

was some large purchases and i had to close them later.
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
No.
Thanks for answering without attitude, I had shields up!

Guess there is no way to load BB for me anymore without going some real roundabout ways that probably are not worth it.
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
You haven't had problems using a SPG AMEX to buy Amex gift cards? No FR?
Originally Posted by Saitoh2319 View Post
I have had no problems with large purchases at office supply stores and drug stores on both SPG and Surpass.
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:43 pm

i am happy to report success at wal-greens and cvs in the north phoenix area. no problems buying beans with cc on multiple days with different cashiers. never asked for id, always purchased for $500 with no issue.
Old Nov 24, 12, 11:18 pm

Re: Bill Pay -- wondering if there are any concerns with paying credit cards and also with sending physical checks (e.g. rent checks).
Old Nov 24, 12, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery View Post
Re: Bill Pay -- wondering if there are any concerns with paying credit cards and also with sending physical checks (e.g. rent checks).
I've paid about 10 different bills. Five of them credit card payments. Others were utilities, mortgage, and car. A couple of those were made by check (not a known payee in BB) and took about 7 days to post to my account. No issues for me. I like having all payments coming from one account. I just wish I could download transactions to Quicken to better manage it all.
Old Nov 24, 12, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jatink129 View Post
Thank you! Was hoping someone would reply! Didn't seem to find a similar question asked in this thread.

Oh and...in how many days did you receive your permanent card?
I see that this is the second time you have asked the latter question. I am simply amazed no one on this forum would take the time to answer your simple question on how long it took to get the permanent card in the mail. Well, it took me 7 days from the date I applied for the card online. If others have a different answer, please let us all know.
Old Nov 25, 12, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iminsandiego View Post
I thought mine was a little obvious from my screenname, but to be very specific, the Mira Mesa Walgreens and CVS.
Thank you for the follow up.

Sorry I have not paid attention to your handle which now I see.
Old Nov 25, 12, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
I see that this is the second time you have asked the latter question. I am simply amazed no one on this forum would take the time to answer your simple question on how long it took to get the permanent card in the mail. Well, it took me 7 days from the date I applied for the card online. If others have a different answer, please let us all know.
I thought someone had answered, but after reading your post, I went back to check and sure enough, I don't see an answer (unless I'm missing it now).

Anyway, it took me about 10 days to get the perm. card in the mail.
Old Nov 25, 12, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by DCBob View Post

I applied online and it took me about 7 days as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: