Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
How is this loading limit enforced ? each statement cycle or calendar month ?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by virtuo0
Assuming that i am going to make around 3K payments each month, the max gain is $78 with cvs/walgreens trips and making manual payments. Not looking very good.

Yesterday i purchased 2 cards in CVS located in closeby mall. Whatever return i earned, I spent eating some junk food there. End of the day the my gain is cholesterol and fat.

I am out.
Nice point. Really makes 1 wonder if other than meeting a spend limit, whether or not it's even worth it. I don't need help on meeting spend limits, so this is a bummer in my instance.

I guess it's all in whether or not 1 needs the points/miles for a trip and whether or not the trouble is worth the hassle.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by virtuo0
How is this loading limit enforced ? each statement cycle or calendar month ?
Calendar
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:34 am

Can you reload bluebird with Amex for Target perpaid card?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by oozze
Nope
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by oozze

No personal experience, but I thought it was reported that one of the greatest things about the Target Card was that it could be loaded with other GC's and then loaded to the BB.

So, I know someone just said, "no". But, I would read the thread or search more closely for the answer to verify as the target card may work for you.

Otherwise, if you have one, just give it a try.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by shoreline
No personal experience, but I thought it was reported that one of the greatest things about the Target Card was that it could be loaded with other GC's and then loaded to the BB.

So, I know someone just said, "no". But, I would read the thread or search more closely for the answer to verify as the target card may work for you.

Otherwise, if you have one, just give it a try.
Or you could just believe me and save yourself the trouble
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by greek2me
Or you could just believe me and save yourself the trouble
well then if it doesnt work, one would have to say... You win some, you LOWES some

Ohhh ouch!
(still stinks that didnt work out.)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
well then if it doesnt work, one would have to say... You win some, you LOWES some

Ohhh ouch!
(still stinks that didnt work out.)
MM, you had to rub that in! Hilarious...You win some, you LOWES some
Love it
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:13 pm

Yeah, i am reading you can load bb with wells fargo prepaid. I dont have wells fargo prepaid. I assume it works with wells fargo because of the debit+pin. My amex target has pin too...

walmart isnt too close from me, maybe one of this day i will go there...i only have $100 in my amex target.

I have made 1st payment to my mortgage (2k) via bb and it went smoothly. 1 day process...
so i want to repeat it, but cant find VR anymore since OD doesnt sell them anymore.
So, trying to find a way to pay my mortgage to earn pts...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by greek2me
MM, you had to rub that in! Hilarious...You win some, you LOWES some
Love it
well for those who did that windham promo... they could say... you WYNDHAM you lose some haha

But thats too far

As for that lowes thing... I am still MIFFED at how that one clerk did it. Every other time it's worked out. But now you don't bleemee
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Is there any "activation" required once you receive the permanent card in the mail?

I'm leaving on a 2 month trip and I would like to buy some VR now and take it with me and then once I know that the permanent card has been delivered, I can just reload the card then.
If I will need to "activate" the card, then I'll hold off, because I don't want to buy loaded VRs and hold on to them for 2 months!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
Is there any "activation" required once you receive the permanent card in the mail!
Yes
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jatink129
Is there any "activation" required once you receive the permanent card in the mail?

I'm leaving on a 2 month trip and I would like to buy some VR now and take it with me and then once I know that the permanent card has been delivered, I can just reload the card then.
If I will need to "activate" the card, then I'll hold off, because I don't want to buy loaded VRs and hold on to them for 2 months!
Yes. And the activation online function is flaky.

When I did it the system gave me error message to tell me I could not activate online must call. I resubmitted it anyway and same error message occurred.

However after I finally could talk to the Manila based rep (the first few times to call the voice system said the call volume too high so they stopped taking calls.) she cheerfully told me my card was activated as far as she could see from her end. Also when I logged in the BB site no longer show the Activate Now button. So I guess it is indeed activated.

One thing come to mind, given the horrid experiences most have when calling, I wonder if one's card is stolen, how timely one can inform BB the card is lost/stolen? A scary thought.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. And the activation online function is flaky.

When I did it the system gave me error message to tell me I could not activate online must call. I resubmitted it anyway and same error message occurred.

However after I finally could talk to the Manila based rep (the first few times to call the voice system said the call volume too high so they stopped taking calls.) she cheerfully told me my card was activated as far as she could see from her end. Also when I logged in the BB site no longer show the Activate Now button. So I guess it is indeed activated.

One thing come to mind, given the horrid experiences most have when calling, I wonder if one's card is stolen, how timely one can inform BB the card is lost/stolen? A scary thought.
Thanks for the information. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.