Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 19, 12, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
Calm down then try the quote again. You don't know their policy so you are getting mad at me?
Seems completely logical right?
Old Nov 19, 12, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11 View Post
Seems completely logical right?
...but can I prove it?
Old Nov 19, 12, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lwildernorva View Post
I am at a loss, however, as to why Amex doesn't make it obvious which zip code they're looking for when you register a new payee. Thinking it through, it's probably more apparent that they're looking for the payee's zip code, but that could have been stated clearly on the page.
I spent a good hour on entering my zip, then called CS. It's the vendor's zip.
Old Nov 19, 12, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
Calm down then try the quote again. You don't know their policy so you are getting mad at me?
as I mentioned earlier I chose not to make any issue out of it with store managers or corporate stores becos it won't help anyone. the end.
Old Nov 19, 12, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by tdrag97 View Post
People please.. give your property tax office time to process the check... they are like post office worker very slowwwwwwwwww..

wait a for awhile before you all go and report this to BB., I'm sure after soo many complains.. they might shut down some benefits in the future.
Not all townships are slow. DH said ours was due on a Friday. He was a day late and dropped it in their box on Saturday. Got an envelope back on Tuesday with receipt stamped for being received on . . . Friday
Old Nov 19, 12, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
as I mentioned earlier I chose not to make any issue out of it with store managers or corporate stores becos it won't help anyone. the end.
^^^^^
Old Nov 19, 12, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by akp View Post
Please take your back-and-forth off the thread out of courtesy to those of us who are interested in Bluebird developments.
Happy wants to control everyone.

I want to control the flamers.

akp wants to control the discussions.

Any other control issues around here?
Old Nov 19, 12, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by gardengirl View Post
Happy wants to control everyone.

I want to control the flamers.

akp wants to control the discussions.

Any other control issues around here?
I'm tempted to unsubscribe from this thread. But I'm afraid I'll miss something. I could just sign up for a daily e-mail from one of those blogs. Do I want an overdose of credit card referral spam or personal bickering? Hmm.
Old Nov 19, 12, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA View Post
Do I want an overdose of credit card referral spam or personal bickering? Hmm.
Why not both?
Old Nov 19, 12, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Actually I'm finding it all quite entertaining. QL_714 disappeared for a few days and clearly came back in a better mood. Maybe they found a new deal so are busy distracting everyone on this one
Old Nov 19, 12, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, CC, US, BA
For another data point. Tonight I bought a vanilla reload at both CVS and Walgreens in Norman, OK. Neither had a problem with me paying with a credit card. Though the second one I bought was declined the first time and I had to reswipe my card, but it went through. Got an text about a minute later from Chase to make sure it wasn't fraud. CVS had tons of reloads but I got the last one at Walgreens.
Old Nov 19, 12, 9:00 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
These damn CC are getting annoying. 4/4 cards so far have been flagged as fraud on first swipe and I had to call to get the lock off it. C'mon fo real folks fo real. lol
Old Nov 19, 12, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO View Post
These damn CC are getting annoying. 4/4 cards so far have been flagged as fraud on first swipe and I had to call to get the lock off it. C'mon fo real folks fo real. lol
Perhaps this means the Cardinals are circling?

I haven't had this flagged on Hilton AmEx, SPG AmEx, CSP, or Discover.
Old Nov 19, 12, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by caGALINDO View Post
It's probably just getting flagged because it doesn't match your spending activity. Also, if you do back to back transactions for the same amount, that will almost always get flagged as the issuer wants to ensure you weren't double charged.
Old Nov 19, 12, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA View Post
I'm tempted to unsubscribe from this thread. But I'm afraid I'll miss something. I could just sign up for a daily e-mail from one of those blogs. Do I want an overdose of credit card referral spam or personal bickering? Hmm.
Don't unsubscribe. I don't want to lead you into temptation. I'm done. And happy. (Sorry, it must be the hot chocolate buzz).

One of my favorite lines from a favorite movie "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse" is when the teenager says at the breakfast table "Bicker, bicker, bicker". She's so-o-o-o fed up with it all.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: