Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by akp
Please take your back-and-forth off the thread out of courtesy to those of us who are interested in Bluebird developments.
Has there been any developments since the card was released? This thread would be one page long if the same questions were not asked over and over.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by QL_714
Has there been any developments since the card was released? This thread would be one page long if the same questions were not asked over and over.
Ain't that the truth! Of course that and guys like you and me filling in with fodder like this. But it sure was a long time I picked up anything new here.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:12 am
Suspended

update on a Bluebird payment problem:
I initiated a payment by check 11/5 to pay property tax. BB showed ck should arrive 11/8, waited until 12th, no sign of check, initiated investigation (to take 10 business days), check magically credited to property taxes 11/19.
I believe all time wasted was fault of property tax people, who claimed that checks were posted "the day we receive them".
Just a heads up, might want to allocate 2 weeks for checks to arrive/post.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
property tax give it time

People please.. give your property tax office time to process the check... they are like post office worker very slowwwwwwwwww..

wait a for awhile before you all go and report this to BB., I'm sure after soo many complains.. they might shut down some benefits in the future.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Made a car payment last Thursday with the Bluebird--I made it especially early in the cycle to make sure it registered. Payment appeared online today. Four days, including two weekend days, is not bad.

I am at a loss, however, as to why Amex doesn't make it obvious which zip code they're looking for when you register a new payee. Thinking it through, it's probably more apparent that they're looking for the payee's zip code, but that could have been stated clearly on the page.

Overall, though, I'm pleased at how well this worked. In December, I'll add my mortgage and insurance payments to the mix, again making the initial payments early in the cycle until I get a feel for how long it will take to go from deducted from my Bluebird account to received by each payee. Even not making 5X points for the Vanilla purchase at Office Depot, I will still double the amount of my monthly credit card earning for a relatively modest charge of less than $30.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:32 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
right!

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ain't that the truth! Of course that and guys like you and me filling in with fodder like this. But it sure was a long time I picked up anything new here.
good point. Out of habit I check the thread because it is at the top, but should have realized a long time ago time would be better spent driving to my local Walgreens
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:21 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
What values are you guys running through BB weekly/monthly? (Counting withdrawals and CC payments only)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tdrag97
People please.. give your property tax office time to process the check... they are like post office worker very slowwwwwwwwww..

wait a for awhile before you all go and report this to BB., I'm sure after soo many complains.. they might shut down some benefits in the future.
Please please pay attention to the post-I waited 4 days, called the property tax people and they told me that they process all checks by end of business day. That is when I called BB. I'm pretty sure that their calling somehow magically found the check.
Lets see how patient you are when your early discount is at risk as well as $$.
Whiny female dog.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
I've kept up with this thread for the most part, and I don't remember ever seeing this discussed: I used BB to send some money to a friend whom I owed money. I added a memo to my payment when submitting it through BB, but now that I've actually seen what the check looks like, there was no memo anywhere to be found on the check. Has anyone else noticed this? The "Account Number" I entered when creating my payee was in the upper left hand corner of the check, but no memo field.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Originally Posted by emptiness
seriously? will work as debit on prepaid and visa gcs?
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Didn't for me.
When I checked out, the lady asked me credit or debit. I said debit and swiped the GC (Visa) through the counter swiper. Receipt printed right out, didn't even ask for a pin. Cashier was a little dumbfounded, but hey whatever. ^
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:17 pm

To those who used BB to pay a paper check to property tax... why didn't you use Bill Pay? Is it because your county/city isn't listed? Or is there soemthing else?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
What values are you guys running through BB weekly/monthly? (Counting withdrawals and CC payments only)
I try to keep mine under 10.00/wk and 25.00/mo. If this works after a few months I will increase it to 25/50.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by QL_714
I try to keep mine under 10.00/wk and 25.00/mo. If this works after a few months I will increase it to 25/50.
Cardinal Fang thanks you for making it easy to track you down. He has had it with people like you trying to take advantage of this .
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Cardinal Fang thanks you for making it easy to track you down. He has had it with people like you trying to take advantage of this .
What can I say? I guess I will just have to take a hit for the team. And members complain I don't contribute.

Last edited by QL_714; Nov 19, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:51 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by member7777
Please please pay attention to the post-I waited 4 days, called the property tax people and they told me that they process all checks by end of business day. That is when I called BB. I'm pretty sure that their calling somehow magically found the check.
Lets see how patient you are when your early discount is at risk as well as $$.
Whiny female dog.
That's why you have to pay early, and usually early discount applies according postage stamp.

I was in the same situation, payed my taxes on 11/4 and estimated date was 11/8. However, check cleared (magical word "PAID" on my property tax page) only on 11/14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.