Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Yes, but why would you? Save AP for CC you can't get cash/pay bills/transfer money out of......
I thought AP worked just like PayPal. I owe a window washer $300. He doesn't take cc. I asked him to look into AP so I could get the money to him quicker than a check through BB.

What am I missing?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:33 pm

Went to several CVS stores in bay area, didn't find VR. Anyone see VR at CVS in bay area?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
So is OD still letting you put $500 on the Vanilla GCs? I read on this thread that they're only letting you put $200 on, and the remaining $300 has to be in cash. Just checking.
Who cares what they are doing? There is still Office Max and Staples. Both will let you do this. The only reason anyone cared about OD is because they had Vanilla.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Had more luck finding VR at Walgreens than CVS. No go on buying with CC spent 1 hr driving around today...
You see more of them at Walgreens because noone can buy them with a CC there lol
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:14 pm

Exactly my thought until I see only OD carry $500 GC, Office Max and Staples carries lower (<$200) domination, which increases the cost.

Originally Posted by keirnna
Who cares what they are doing? There is still Office Max and Staples. Both will let you do this. The only reason anyone cared about OD is because they had Vanilla.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Went to several CVS stores in bay area, didn't find VR. Anyone see VR at CVS in bay area?
I don't think California CVS have them. I checked a few in socal without any luck.

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by keirnna
My staples doesn't have loadables. I care.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by emptiness
the tall busty guy at target acted so smart
Was he wearing a bro or manssiere?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by azepine00
I don't think California CVS have them. I checked a few in socal without any luck.
Ditto, but they seem to be on their way. Each time I've found racks with their name on them, waiting to be filled.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by frozyn
Ditto, but they seem to be on their way. Each time I've found racks with their name on them, waiting to be filled.
Is that the case? I noticed the same thing, but just assumed one of y'all beat me to it...

Cheers
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Is that the case? I noticed the same thing, but just assumed one of y'all beat me to it...

Cheers
It's been my experience at the 4 CVS locations I've been to. If you find the rack with the Amex Prepaids, look about 4 -6 rows up from the bottom, left side. There should be a row labeled for VRs.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Paying AMEX DL with BB failed

Last week I went into my AMEX acct. and set up my BB as a funding source (bank) to pay my DL card bill. I used the routing # & acct. number that BB's site gave me. Well, today it failed. Any one else had this problem?

I'm assuming if I have BB send a check to AMEX that that will work. Yes?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by philemer
Last week I went into my AMEX acct. and set up my BB as a funding source (bank) to pay my DL card bill. I used the routing # & acct. number that BB's site gave me. Well, today it failed. Any one else had this problem?

I'm assuming if I have BB send a check to AMEX that that will work. Yes?
Yes, pulling from BB does not work. Very annoying to me, I've always paid my bills that way from my checking accounts. I actually just put in a payment for my Amex card from BB, BB says it will deliver on Monday.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:13 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
None for me yet (Central Coast) but I did see "My Vanilla" reloadable cards for the first time this week.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Have seen at least one CVS in Orange County that has them. In fact, I bought 3 today. Still have 15-20 on the shelf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.