Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 13, 12, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL, WoH

Taken today...interesting...
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman View Post

OD?
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:21 pm

I would be interested to know where this was taken as well...

Originally Posted by crimsonAA View Post
OD?
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert View Post
I would be interested to know where this was taken as well...
my money is in the OP's garage he carted the whole shelf from OD lol
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:30 pm

Anyone have a copy of the infamous memo? Are we sure it's nationwide and permanent?

I walked into OD tonight and when I asked the clerk about VRs, he said they were out of them but that they would be restocked "probably by the end of the week, or maybe Monday." Rack was still set up but empty with the VR reorder card hanging on it.

I'm 100% aware that he could be totally uninformed about what's going on, but I'm curious if anyone has actually seen this memo.
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:36 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Anyone have a copy of the infamous memo? Are we sure it's nationwide and permanent?

I walked into OD tonight and when I asked the clerk about VRs, he said they were out of them but that they would be restocked "probably by the end of the week, or maybe Monday." Rack was still set up but empty with the VR reorder card hanging on it.

I'm 100% aware that he could be totally uninformed about what's going on, but I'm curious if anyone has actually seen this memo.
Yup he probably doesn't know whats up.. was he a manager? If so, OD should fire him and hire me.
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:37 pm

Went into the Irvine, CA OD (previously mentioned upthread) today to make a legitimate purchase. Not only were all the VR's gone, but the bulk of the lucrative ($500) Visa and Amex cards were gone as well.

As I was checking out, the woman in front of me was attempting to buy several Visa gift cards (with her green AmEx, so probably not in the points game) and while I didn't hear the entire conversation, a cashier did say something to the effect of, "You can only buy xxxx worth of these cards with your credit card because corporate is really cracking down on this. I'm not saying this is fraud, but they're really cracking down on this." She responded by putting less cash on each card.
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO View Post
Yup he probably doesn't know whats up.. was he a manager? If so, OD should fire him and hire me.
Don't think he was a manager.

Oh well. Here's to hoping that Staples picks up where OD has left off. There's one of those right across the street from my office...
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:44 pm

OD?
Taken at Office Depot right around 6:30pm tonight. Very very interesting...Maybe these are the remainder that no one picked, but I've never once walked in to this OD without seeing them in stock...

I don't get it...
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:45 pm

Taken at Office Depot right around 6:30pm tonight. Very very interesting...Maybe these are the remainder that no one picked, but I've never once walked in to this OD without seeing them in stock...

I don't get it...
Did you try to buy...?
Old Nov 13, 12, 6:47 pm

Did you try to buy...?
No I didn't. I've actually never abused these cards and only buy what I need for the whole month (i.e $462.75). I don't spend $1000 at office depot nor do I plan too. I think this location is basically in the "bad" part of town where people really don't play the points game anyway. I'm hope they are there when I am due for a reload on the 1st of the month to pay all my bills.
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:20 pm

I doubt they will be there Just buy them now...

There is nothing to abuse...it's over.

No I didn't. I've actually never abused these cards and only buy what I need for the whole month (i.e $462.75). I don't spend $1000 at office depot nor do I plan too. I think this location is basically in the "bad" part of town where people really don't play the points game anyway. I'm hope they are there when I am due for a reload on the 1st of the month to pay all my bills.
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:47 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

What, you or your spouse didn't pose in front of it?
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:49 pm

Is the $5000 reload limit for the calendar month or for a rolling thirty day period?
Old Nov 13, 12, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero View Post
What, you or your spouse didn't pose in front of it?
I need help understanding what that picture means. Can you add some big arrows and bright circles?

Originally Posted by newlifeca View Post
Is the $5000 reload limit for the calendar month or for a rolling thirty day period?
For Bluebird, calendar month.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: