Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 12, 12, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO View Post
I can confirm that I have had successful payments to Southern California Gas Co, Edison Electric, and Bank of America Home Loans (Mortgage) with out any problems.
ok. I noticed my bill just says "The Gas Company" on it. I added it to bluebird. I also have to remove the direct debit from edison.
Old Nov 12, 12, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
anyone been able to pay a penfed auto loan?
Old Nov 12, 12, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Whooo hoooo! Haven't seen a cashback opportunity like this since the days of folks making those notorius German airport luggage cart runs! Anyone up for opening a few million PayPal accounts? Time to make some serious money.

Bloggers get ready to carry the story! Sunshine - can we get a picture of you smiling and holding up the $.29 in front of the PayPal headquarters?
I'm on it!
Old Nov 12, 12, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Not against t&c of paypal but not only do they have low monthly limits for this, they WILL shut you down and they wont say why
What if we use a reload to fund Person A's PayPal, then Person A pays Person B, then Person B unloads funds to bank account? Somewhat similar to AP.

Also, I don't believe their are monthly limits if you have a "verified" bank account with PayPal.

Personally, I will only be utilizing these reloads to hit min spends. Getting 504 points for 3.95 is just not worth my time and effort (and definitely not if the reload is 4.95!). Though this may change once I get a Hilton Amex.
Old Nov 12, 12, 2:48 pm

Just went to OD and was told no more icecream. Has something happened?
Old Nov 12, 12, 2:53 pm

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
The guy told me even before I made a full lap around the kiosk, without asking.
Old Nov 12, 12, 2:56 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by ftizzy View Post
The guy told me even before I made a full lap around the kiosk, without asking.
Haha. I went the night before it died, was same manager next mornin, he yelled half way across the store to his co-worker "We're not allowed to sell em' anymore"
Old Nov 12, 12, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
anyone been able to pay a penfed auto loan?
Yes, as "PENTAGON FCU" with the account number exactly as it is on the PenFed website. Posted in a day or two as an electronic payment.
Old Nov 12, 12, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
They couldn't support having the freezer in there anymore?
Old Nov 12, 12, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Stopped at local Walgreens today & they just received the VR a couple days ago. Took one to the register & the screen said "...cash only..". I asked the lady to call a manager over & she said "no way around it...have to pay with cash". I'll try another Walgreens in a couple days & see if it's the same. Wish we had CVS in Idaho. I may have to wait til January when I'm in Hawaii.
Old Nov 12, 12, 3:28 pm
jdl

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
Does someone have a list of what payees can be successfully electronically paid with BB?
I haven't seen a list but anyone can create the list if they were motivated. Just type in partial searches without wildcards. Type in "A" and click search and you'll get all of the A companies.

It appears they limit the # of search results so you might have to do a couple searches per letter. Type in "B" and you get :
B. MOSS - RETAIL CARD
to
BEAUMONT CHERRY VALLEY WATERDIST

The search adds an implicit wildcard only to the end of your search term.
So if you type Cherry you will find:
CHERRY CREEK VALLEY WATER CO
but not
BEAUMONT CHERRY VALLEY WATERDIST

Even if the company is in there some people find issues either with the account number they enter or the zip code they enter. If a listed payee won't work for you, just create a manual entry for the payee. Just be sure you add a few more days for delivery.
Old Nov 12, 12, 4:02 pm

Has anyone actually had success getting Vanilla Reload's refunded? I called today and they went through this whole process about you need to send in copies of everything. It must have been the customer service rep first or he was just trying to stall me because he didn't make any sense whatsoever. (U.S. based rep too)

Anyone get refunds in excess of a few grand?
Old Nov 12, 12, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by DL172 View Post
Has anyone actually had success getting Vanilla Reload's refunded? I called today and they went through this whole process about you need to send in copies of everything. It must have been the customer service rep first or he was just trying to stall me because he didn't make any sense whatsoever. (U.S. based rep too)

Anyone get refunds in excess of a few grand?
Refund as in you no longer want the reloads? Or you loaded to BB (or similar) and want the $ refunded?

Either way, why?
Old Nov 12, 12, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
Refund as in you no longer want the reloads? Or you loaded to BB (or similar) and want the $ refunded?

Either way, why?
As in having vanilla send you a check for the balance on your vanilla reload card. They will also refund you the incomnn fee. That way, I don't have to put it on my BB and save a few bucks (x as many vanilla as I want) in the process.
Old Nov 12, 12, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by jrreynolds View Post
Quick Questions.
Why can we just buy the green dot or Paypal prepaid card, load it into Paypal and then sweep the funds into our checking account. Paypal doesn't charge for that, do they?
We can buy them at all OD, but also staples and the other big office store.

What am I missing.
Can the Paypal Prepaid really be bought at OD? Does anyone have experience with this? Would be great for paying my landlord.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: