Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 12, 12, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by tys90 View Post
I think I may have used the wrong zip code (I wasn't looking at my bill, I was looking at another document) when I setup the billpay to my Wells Fargo mortgage. The system still took the zip code though so I'm curious as to what's going to happen to my money. Should I call Bluebird or Wells Fargo? Perhaps both?
Bluebird is terrible for tracking. Once u send a bill pay check, u don't know where it was sent, to whom it was sent, and u can't get copy of check either. Make sure u print PDF of recipient before u submit.
Old Nov 12, 12, 1:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UAmileage+,SkyMiles,Avios
i went to another CVS today, trying to buy a vanilla $500 gift card, cashier confuse and told me they only able to ring $200. Went to WG few weeks ago and told they pull all myBean because some ain't activate successfull and customer came back and complain. Is Los Angeles the first big city that this game is fading?
Old Nov 12, 12, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by all168 View Post
i went to another CVS today, trying to buy a vanilla $500 gift card, cashier confuse and told me they only able to ring $200. Went to WG few weeks ago and told they pull all myBean because some ain't activate successfull and customer came back and complain. Is Los Angeles the first big city that this game is fading?
Isolated experiences - definitely still going strong. The VRs clearly show that they can be loaded for $20-$500, and the cashier was probably confusing it with other products that can be loaded to $200 max. Activation issues from last weekend/two weekends ago (I forget which) are well documented and had to do with Vanilla's systems.
Old Nov 12, 12, 5:02 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Preacher7 View Post
Glad I just bought 3 more yesterday. I've already gotten about 70K in reloads since the spring, so it's been a fun ride. 2 virtually free 5 night stays in Paris and Milan later--thx Chase/OD/Vanilla!
Greed = Killing the goose that lays golden eggs. Goose on life support, but now infertile, so no more eggs.
Old Nov 12, 12, 7:04 am

Programs: 24 million points to burn!
This game was working fine for months until BB came along. I've bought less reloads since BB came out than before. Now I'll really be buying less...
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:19 am

Quick Questions.
Why can we just buy the green dot or Paypal prepaid card, load it into Paypal and then sweep the funds into our checking account. Paypal doesn't charge for that, do they?
We can buy them at all OD, but also staples and the other big office store.

What am I missing.
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jrreynolds View Post
Quick Questions.
Why can we just buy the green dot or Paypal prepaid card, load it into Paypal and then sweep the funds into our checking account. Paypal doesn't charge for that, do they?
We can buy them at all OD, but also staples and the other big office store.

What am I missing.
Not against t&c of paypal but not only do they have low monthly limits for this, they WILL shut you down and they wont say why
Old Nov 12, 12, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Has anyone else's Paypal test deposits stayed without a corresponding debit for the sum of the 2 deposits? As of now, I'm up $0.29 from those test deposits, which cleared early last week but haven't seem a withdrawal yet....
Old Nov 12, 12, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by sunshine-state View Post
Has anyone else's Paypal test deposits stayed without a corresponding debit for the sum of the 2 deposits? As of now, I'm up $0.29 from those test deposits, which cleared early last week but haven't seem a withdrawal yet....
I thought someone previously mentioned Bluebird won't allow ACH debit - maybe test deposits are a 1 way trip!
Old Nov 12, 12, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
Bluebird is terrible for tracking. Once u send a bill pay check, u don't know where it was sent, to whom it was sent, and u can't get copy of check either. Make sure u print PDF of recipient before u submit.
I called Bluebird and they couldn't tell me a whole lot. The rep just knew that if it was a registered payee (which Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is) then the payment goes through electronically. She wasn't sure why it accepted a different zip code than the one on my bill. My theory is that there are several acceptable zip codes and I happen to use the wrong one for where I live but it was still valid for a Wells Fargo payment. I'm hoping this means it all gets sent to the same place at Wells Fargo and they apply it based on your account number and the zip has nothing to do with it.

I'm going to give Wells Fargo a call and see what they say.
Old Nov 12, 12, 10:06 am

Programs: Several dozen
Whooo hoooo! Haven't seen a cashback opportunity like this since the days of folks making those notorius German airport luggage cart runs! Anyone up for opening a few million PayPal accounts? Time to make some serious money.

Bloggers get ready to carry the story! Sunshine - can we get a picture of you smiling and holding up the $.29 in front of the PayPal headquarters?

Originally Posted by sunshine-state View Post
Old Nov 12, 12, 10:08 am

Does someone have a list of what payees can be successfully electronically paid with BB? I know a lot have tried WF Home Mortgage, but now I'm seeing some with problems. Is there a concensus on this? What about property taxes? Credit card bills (Chase, AMEX, or other)?
Old Nov 12, 12, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Whooo hoooo! Haven't seen a cashback opportunity like this since the days of folks making those notorius German airport luggage cart runs! Anyone up for opening a few million PayPal accounts? Time to make some serious money.

Bloggers get ready to carry the story! Sunshine - can we get a picture of you smiling and holding up the $.29 in front of the PayPal headquarters?
I dont' doubt it, because the account doesn't allow withdrawals. I had this conversation with someone a week or two ago in this thread.
Old Nov 12, 12, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
Does someone have a list of what payees can be successfully electronically paid with BB? I know a lot have tried WF Home Mortgage, but now I'm seeing some with problems. Is there a concensus on this? What about property taxes? Credit card bills (Chase, AMEX, or other)?
Dave, I paid my mortgage with WF. I initially tried to pull it from WF's end, but the payment was reversed. I then pushed it with BB bill pay and it registered with WF the next day.
Old Nov 12, 12, 11:21 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I can confirm that I have had successful payments to Southern California Gas Co, Edison Electric, and Bank of America Home Loans (Mortgage) with out any problems.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: