Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 11, 12, 8:08 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer View Post
I've tried searching this thread for "future" and "scheduled". I tried googling. I read the official Bluebird FAQ. I can't figure out how to schedule a bill payment in the future. Is it really not possible? I know you can't setup a recurring bill payment, but whenever I select one of my saved payees, it seems to initiate the payment cycle immediately. Did I miss something?
ive been keeping up with the thread havent seen it answer but dont think its possible
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:11 pm

Programs: 24 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
But is there a limit on the number of persons each person can have? This question comes up repeatedly.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've developed this, shall we say, "Multiple Personality Disorder" recently!
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
In the last 24 hours I've looked at 10+ CVS, 3 OD and 3 Walgreens in San Diego and no sign of Vanilla cards. Anyone knows some place where they still have them and sell with credit cards? I don't need bonus points, just to clear up some spending requirements
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:45 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by RFFlyer View Post
In the last 24 hours I've looked at 10+ CVS, 3 OD and 3 Walgreens in San Diego and no sign of Vanilla cards. Anyone knows some place where they still have them and sell with credit cards? I don't need bonus points, just to clear up some spending requirements
I have the location of an OD still selling VRs... starting bid is $2500
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:50 pm

Thanks for doing the leg work for me!
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:56 pm

Folks, does citi code beans as ca?
Old Nov 11, 12, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by cfuss View Post
Folks, does citi code beans as ca?
Citi aa does not.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by caGALINDO View Post
I have the location of an OD still selling VRs... starting bid is $2500
You do know someone would have to be able to spend over $50k in OD to make that $2500 break even, never mind profitable, right? I'll bid $2.50
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:02 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Half the CVS's I've been to have had Vanilla Reload cards, and 100% of the stores with VRs have accepted credit cards.

Oh, I've been to two CVS locations.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:31 pm

Old Nov 11, 12, 9:49 pm

I'm in San Diego too. Why no love for our city with VR?
Old Nov 11, 12, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by compddd View Post
I'm in San Diego too. Why no love for our city with VR?
Too many FTers here - like I said upthread, I saw one person clean out an entire stack of VR at an OD earlier in the week.
Old Nov 11, 12, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I think it's just a matter of time before it rolls out. I've been checking out CVS daily since Monday and finally had some luck tonight at the local CVS - meeting my minimum spends as well. All the ones I went to earlier in the week (4 separate locations) had already cleared out space on the rack for them.
Old Nov 11, 12, 11:01 pm

If you don't live near a Walmart, the prepaid cards aren't any good for Bluebird -- unless the prepaid card can be registered as a debit and accepted by Bluebird as debit.
Old Nov 11, 12, 11:45 pm

I think I may have used the wrong zip code (I wasn't looking at my bill, I was looking at another document) when I setup the billpay to my Wells Fargo mortgage. The system still took the zip code though so I'm curious as to what's going to happen to my money. Should I call Bluebird or Wells Fargo? Perhaps both?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: