Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tyfabes
Around $10k/month and Chase didn't shut you down?
If you have multiple businesses under multiple members of a family that are not connected to each other, not hard to do $10K/month. Just don't overdo it on one account.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by amolkold
Only one OD in the area still had any, and I only found 2 (which were behind a PrePaid AMEX, not in the normal Vanilla Reload stock). The manager came out and said that these were no longer being sold because Chase knew what everyone was up to and got OD to stop selling these. There were 2 left and he let me buy them at $200 each, but that was it.

I thought I'd inject some humor into this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6R5cEEqXpk
I've seen a ton of these Hitler things in the past, but this one takes the cake. Hilarious! Kudos amolkold!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Since the amazing run is over, yeah. But some guys have been pumping through a lot more than that...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I thought I'd inject some humor into this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6R5cEEqXpk
This must be quoted in case somebody didn't bother to click/didn't see, absolutely hilarious and right on the money! Thanks for injecting some humor here....
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:56 pm

I went to OD store today, they had about 30 beans left. But the manager said that they are pulling them by tomorrow (Sunday the 11th of November).

He showed me the notice from corporate. I have a snapshot of the corporate notice on my cell phone. If someone can load photos online I will forward them the photo. Send me a PM.

The notice said that the replacements for the beans are AMEX Premium preload cards. The notice did not say why the beans are being pulled, and the manager had no idea either. As of about 3:30 pm PST, this store had about 30 cards left. They can be purchased with a credit card, no problem. I bought a handful via two different credit cards.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
newlifeca: you can upload the photos to http://imgur.com/ and link to them directly from there.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:04 pm

Having problems uploading and orientating
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:06 pm

Among other things...the notice tells the managers to pull the beans, that a third party will come and pick them up, and do so within the next three weeks.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
LOL! Cannot stop laughing. My dw and kids thought I was going cuckoo.
That was very creative. Thanks for sharing. ^
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Only one OD in the area still had any, and I only found 2 (which were behind a PrePaid AMEX, not in the normal Vanilla Reload stock). The manager came out and said that these were no longer being sold because Chase knew what everyone was up to and got OD to stop selling these. There were 2 left and he let me buy them at $200 each, but that was it.

THAT WAS ***THE*** GREATEST THING IVE SEEN ON FT!

hahahahah

I had seen the bunker scene skit used elsewhere but the way you or whomever made that applied the text was perfect. I loved the whole thing and especially the part where the one lady says at least we didnt get an amex fr.

Completely nuts!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:20 pm

HILARIOUS! Thanks for doing that!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
The video was awesome. Hopefully they will show it at FTU. Maybe by then we will know what the next big thing is.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:25 pm

That Video is pretty good. But, I really blame Walmart. This deal isn't new and we've all had struggles with Netspend and Mio blowing up on us. Those cards kept things somewhat under control and because of them we slow played getting our $100,000 in Beans over multiple months. I've been watching this thread from the sidelines since I am maxed out for the year on Ink. I think real killer is the damn Bluebird card. Somehow the Walmart simplicity finally made this program available for the under 90 IQ crowd. Now I am sad.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Wow, can't go out of town for even a day around here without such drama!
This is the highlight of the day though! Thanks for the laugh.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psychoandy
Check out the OD at southern and 441 in pbi...my source said there's at least 30 there and just bought a bunch.

Apologies to any wpb locals but this deal sounds like its about to end/is already done.
Hey, thanks for the tip! I had already gone to 4 ODs in So. Florida and was going to give up. But your post convinced me it was worth another trip. I was coming from the south on 441 and didn't have to get all the way to Southern -- there's another OD a mile or two south. That other store on 441 had some.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.