Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Old Nov 10, 12, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Preacher7 View Post
It may still be OK, but OK is a LOOOOONG way from being amazing, which is what this 2 week deal was.
You do know FM posted it just over 6 months ago, and that was only when it was first publicly posted on a blog, right?
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:52 pm

It may still be OK, but OK is a LOOOOONG way from being amazing, which is what this 2 week deal was.
The deal has been going on since before you joined FT. Bluebird is just another facet of the deal. The big thing was Ink 5X at OD.
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:54 pm

u know u've been on FT and boarding area for too long when u can understand all the references in the video.
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:56 pm

Programs: 24 million points to burn!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that vid! I needed to laugh really badly today. First the election, then this. Amolkold, you are da man. Or woman. Or teen. Whatever you are, you're it!
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:58 pm

Programs: SPG, Chase Sapphire, AA, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, US Bank Flexperks, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
Only one OD in the area still had any, and I only found 2 (which were behind a PrePaid AMEX, not in the normal Vanilla Reload stock). The manager came out and said that these were no longer being sold because Chase knew what everyone was up to and got OD to stop selling these. There were 2 left and he let me buy them at $200 each, but that was it.

I thought I'd inject some humor into this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6R5cEEqXpk
that is the funniest thing I've seen in ages ! Thanks for putting this topic in perspective...I never did see a bean in person, but it's been a riot reading these posts...the good, the bad, and the very, very ugly !
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:58 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that vid! I needed to laugh really badly today. First the election, then this. Amolkold, you are da man. Or woman. Or teen. Whatever you are, you're it!
You're welcome.
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Yeah, like that's going to work. I can assure you that the bloggers will now be competing on "the next best thing to reload cards" for BB.
BB doesn't have to be involved.

And while I agree that the eventual demise of most opportunities is inevitable in today's environemtn, the speed with which that demise materializes can change depending on the behavior of the collective.
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
I bought a couple earlier today, which lead me to the same conclusion.

However, according to multiple reports, any remaining ODs that are still selling them are supposed to pull the plug after they close today - so as of tomorrow, no mas. Here's hoping that tomorrow (sunday) we get reports of them still being sold.

Swing by your local OD on your way to church and let us know, OK?
I'll probably end up doing that anyway. Will report back!
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
You're welcome.
That was just hilarious
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HHonors
Since BB isn't dead, I suppose this thread is still the appropriate place to post BB-related questions.

Has anyone had success with bill payment to Great Lakes Higher Education? Great Lakes is a registered payee on the BB website, but I can't seem to register my account. I've tried various versions of Great Lakes' zip code and checked and re-checked my account number. Anyone have a similar experience or know what I may be doing wrong?
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:17 pm

On the flip side, I can now save the $95 AF I was going to swallow by renewing my IB this year!
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:25 pm

Only one OD in the area still had any, and I only found 2 (which were behind a PrePaid AMEX, not in the normal Vanilla Reload stock). The manager came out and said that these were no longer being sold because Chase knew what everyone was up to and got OD to stop selling these. There were 2 left and he let me buy them at $200 each, but that was it.

I thought I'd inject some humor into this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6R5cEEqXpk
rofl that is awesome
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:27 pm

The deal has been going on since before you joined FT. Bluebird is just another facet of the deal. The big thing was Ink 5X at OD.
I've been doing the IB/OD thing since May, about 70K worth. But the potential of the past 2 weeks has been over the top. Time to move on to the next best thing. But somehow, I don't think the next best thing is the Target Amex. Yawn.
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:30 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
I've been doing the IB/OD thing since May, about 70K worth. But the potential of the past 2 weeks has been over the top. Time to move on to the next best thing. But somehow, I don't think the next best thing is the Target Amex. Yawn.
Around $10k/month and Chase didn't shut you down?
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:31 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond,Hyatt. SPG Gold,
you tube is Oscar worthy!

You desire a FT Oscar for the you tube bit!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: