Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Paypal account confirmation deposits also seemed to let me withdraw cash today with no fee (unless the fee posts later), but so far so good.
How much did transfer ("DD") from Paypal to BB? I did $100 ACH push from PP to BB, was yours more than that?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How much did transfer ("DD") from Paypal to BB? I did $100 ACH push from PP to BB, was yours more than that?
It was simply the 2 test deposits when I added my BB account to PP - a total of $0.29
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Whoever bought all the vanilla at the OD in Wesley Chapel....I'm upset! There were tons of them last week...now none! ._.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
So far, things are still alive in central NC...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I only verified my bank account with Paypal. They do that by making two deposits under $1 and having me verify the amounts. That was enough for no ATM fee for me.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by tmm1012
So far, things are still alive in central NC...
Shhhhh....!!!! High Point Rd. is always a winner.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Particularly why we need to petition IBT to remove google search from FT and enable member-only forums - these great deals get out in the open and are gone because people can't tell the difference between responsible use and beating the crap out of a deal until it's gone for everyone.

Did we not all learn our lesson from the coin fiasco? We beat that one up until it was literally the US Congress that told the Mint to pull the plug on us after the scheme was 'outed' but those dimwits at USA Today.
Sounds like a great idea and I would add to ban bloggers and inconvenience them in everyway possible on their sites or at their events
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I bit the bullet...got my BB the other day and stopped by an OD in an undisclosed location tonight, took 3 cards to pay my rent next month and went to the cashier. She rang them up, I swiped my Amex, she asked for the 4 digit security code and I was on my way. She didn't even bat an eye.

So, I guess I will bite the next bullet and apply for the Ink card while not going crazy with it - and hope enough other folks practice sufficient restraint that I can actually get through a year of charging before any useful part of this deal is pulled.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:30 pm
xp0

... I swiped my Amex...
What a waste ;/
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xp0
What a waste ;/
Don't be so sure
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xp0
What a waste ;/
1. You don't know what Amex I have
2. I don't have my Chase Ink card yet
3. I might as well earn points on my Amex card while I'm waiting for my Ink card

So...not a waste at all, considering I'm now earning valuable points for rent payments that previously earned nothing.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
1. You don't know what Amex I have
2. I don't have my Chase Ink card yet
3. I might as well earn points on my Amex card while I'm waiting for my Ink card

So...not a waste at all, considering I'm now earning valuable points for rent payments that previously earned nothing.
I think xp0's comment was tongue in cheek (I think it was a wink on purpose), but you're right, everyone has different goals they're trying to achieve. I'm in your same position, working on reaching minimum spend on a card I recently got, and then will consider entering into the ink game.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
What a waste ;/
Do you think AMEX Simplycash @ 5% straight cashback a waste?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by 3ZeroT

Purchases above $12,000 in each category per reward year will earn only 1% cash back

Eh...no thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:25 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
In my situation, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.