Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:27 am

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times, but can you load Bluebird directly with a credit card (instead of the extra step for vanilla cards)?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by kilton
Sorry if this has been asked 100 times, but can you load Bluebird directly with a credit card (instead of the extra step for vanilla cards)?
Cannot. The register blocks it. No amount of overrides will get around it.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by ftizzy
Sorry about the vanilla shortage. I buy the entire stock at OD, load with $1 each and promptly set them on fire.

Hilarious.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by kilton
Yes, if you find a store that lets you do it
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ftizzy
Sorry about the vanilla shortage. I buy the entire stock at OD, load with $1 each and promptly set them on fire.
in other words, u burn $4.95 ;-) and get back 5 UR points.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by webazoid
in other words, u burn $4.95 ;-) and get back 5 UR points.
25 UR points. 5x on $4.95
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ddallas
Yep, when successful write down the day and time and hope the same cashier is on duty next time. Probably don't want to argue since most Walgreens cash registers appear to be programed to prompt for cash only. What you found is one of the stores that probably isn't set up right. Don't want to argue to provoke them to call their home office and possibly verify that it should be cash only.
^ This is the way to go. Dropped into an OD here for the second time last night around same time as last Monday as I have a standing meeting nearby on Monday evenings. Cashier already remembered me. Very friendly, checked ID as usual for my two beans (stock was getting very low). I of course made sure to fill out their little survey on the receipt and mention her specifically. Those little things count and that is a way you can help them.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
25 UR points. 5x on $4.95
The problem is you can't load a $1. The min is $20.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I truly think people who buy up everything at OD are going to ruin this for everybody. Have you people no restraint? I went in to an OD, and found one Vanilla card left. When I approached the cashier, she mentioned that somebody came in yesterday, and bought EVERY SINGLE card. She had a look of horror on her face. She asked me to take out my ID, she looked at it maybe 10 times and compared it to my card, then she started talking to the store manager, and I thought surely she was going to tell me to leave or something, it was a very unpleasant and disturbing experience.

People really should exercise some restraint and caution, buying $5k of these cards at one time will get this thing shut down very quickly. Just like those who bought thousands of Money Orders at Wal Mart, seriously people, do you really need all these points instantly to have to ruin this for everybody?

Pardon the frustration, but I don't think I'm buying any more Vanillla's, this thing will die very soon... For shame.
It died the minute Million Miles Secret started posting about it
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
It died the minute Million Miles Secret started posting about it
Don't forget FM and the other (insert your own word).
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:50 am

Copied from FW without permission:

"A little bird was flying South for the winter. It was so cold, the bird froze and fell to the ground in a large field. While it was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on it. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of dung, it began to realize how warm it was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung and promptly dug him out and ate him!"

Moral of the story: When you’re warm and happy and you are in too deep, keep your mouth shut!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by QL_714
Don't forget FM and the other (insert your own word).
And how did YOU learn about this?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
I am sure it was definitely not from any bloggers Do you really think FM (or infarct any blogger for that matter) is inventory of any deals they post?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
From about 50 PM's that was sent to me. The BB card is a joke. What is your point?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:35 am

To try to get this thread back on topic:
Has anyone recently paid a Wells Fargo mortgage with Bluebird? Have they fixed the $10 "fax" fee or whatever it was?
I was about to try it, but Wells' online system seems to be having issues right now so I can't look up my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.