Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
And you have no fear of Chase shutting you down after $5k let alone OD being freaked out?
I am sure businesses can and do spend $5K+ every now and then at OD.

Don't plan to spend more than $1000 at an office supply store for next 2 months.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
Anyone that hangs out on a secret forum wouldnt leave an OD with vanillas in it. If they did, they dont deserve to be on that secret forum.
How does one get into a "secret" forum?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
And they probably wouldn't sell out their well stocked OD location to many others either.
Ya think?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
you need to know the location of VR's
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
And you have no fear of Chase shutting you down after $5k let alone OD being freaked out?
I don't have any fears. If Chase shuts me down, they're shutting down the 1x spend I do on the Ink, which is over twice the amount of 5x spend. It's a mutual cashcow. Moooooooo.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
I bought $5K worth of cards last week and told the OD cashier and the manager exactly why this is the new HOT item. We just need to educate them . They thought I was a genius
And why do you think the OD employees would not buy the beans for themselves from now on???

I told OD manager and employees that they are very convenient to reload prepaids for college kids. They all agreed. One cashier said she used it once for her kid, and she liked the convenience!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
Sorry about the vanilla shortage. I buy the entire stock at OD, load with $1 each and promptly set them on fire.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:31 am
xp0

Originally Posted by QL_714
lol I dont know. I am thinking if I talk about it enough, maybe someone will invite me.

Maybe like aviator8 said...
Originally Posted by aviator8
you need to know the location of VR's
lol
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:32 am
xp0

I truly think people who buy up everything at OD are going to ruin this for everybody. Have you people no restraint? I went in to an OD, and found one Vanilla card left. When I approached the cashier, she mentioned that somebody came in yesterday, and bought EVERY SINGLE card. She had a look of horror on her face. She asked me to take out my ID, she looked at it maybe 10 times and compared it to my card, then she started talking to the store manager, and I thought surely she was going to tell me to leave or something, it was a very unpleasant and disturbing experience.

People really should exercise some restraint and caution, buying $5k of these cards at one time will get this thing shut down very quickly. Just like those who bought thousands of Money Orders at Wal Mart, seriously people, do you really need all these points instantly to have to ruin this for everybody?

Pardon the frustration, but I don't think I'm buying any more Vanillla's, this thing will die very soon... For shame.

What is the difference of a single person going in to buy them all vs. 5 people going in and sharing them all? They are still all being bought. OD doesnt care.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:13 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I hid some about a week ago at my local well. Hope they are still there! :XD
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ftizzy
Sorry about the vanilla shortage. I buy the entire stock at OD, load with $1 each and promptly set them on fire.
Ha! ^
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Bad Idea

I bought $5K worth of cards last week and told the OD cashier and the manager exactly why this is the new HOT item. We just need to educate them . They thought I was a genius

They are all buddies with me now. As long as our transactions are profitable to OD I don't see them shutting this down.
We are all glad you are popular with the staff at OD. Don't be surprised if they start taking all your beans before they get to the display.
And I'm sure the store manager will enjoy telling his fellow store managers about the deal.
OD staff and family members may be the only people in your neighborhood profiting from the BB.

"Do not Call " ( and kill the deal for others ) . Do not tell them in person is implied.

Last edited by beachmiles; Nov 6, 2012 at 7:01 am
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
OK, let me rephrase that question: Has anyone confirmed that they've gotten miles from ANY of the 3 miles earning DCs by loading their BB? AK, ST or ufb?
I've had the same question. I just got the AK card to give this a try. I'll post when I find out for sure - but that might be awhile.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR

They are all buddies with me now. As long as our transactions are profitable to OD I don't see them shutting this down.
You sir, are clearly a genius.... sigh...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by satz
You sir, are clearly a genius.... sigh...
you will be banned by chase soon for such perk abuse!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.