FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1395628-wal-mart-amex-take-banks-bluebird-debit-card.html)

QL_714 Nov 3, 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 19619663)
What do you not like 1.4% cash back?

Proves my point you will never learn. 7.5-9% is more than 1.4% where I come from. Still picking up the crumbs that fall off the table.

DL172 Nov 3, 2012 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1 (Post 19619710)
Is it possible to purchase the Vanilla reload with OD gift card?
I have a $200 OD gift card and buying a Vanilla would be a nice way to finally get rid of GC!

No

johndoe123 Nov 3, 2012 10:33 pm

Just use it on day to day stuff.

A ream of paper here.

An office chair there.

An xbox 360 or xbox live subscription.

Etc...

wise2u Nov 3, 2012 10:42 pm

read newbee

Originally Posted by modgepodgetea (Post 19619678)
Went to my local Wal-Mart today and bought a BB. Was unable to purchase/load with a CC and don't have an 1Nk for bean purchases. Can someone please offer any suggestions (either on here or via PM) on other load methods using a cc (perhaps via some other type of gc or prepaid?)

you need to read more...the card you got at wallyworld is a temp card until they send you a real one you cant load with reload card...and you cant load with prepaid or gift cards at all. read a blog or start at the beginning and read this entire thread.

Dynastar Nov 3, 2012 11:01 pm

Sure 5 points/$ is nice for Ink, but I've been enjoying the beans for hitting sign-up bonuses at 10%-20% equivalent (NFL Card is 40%!). Between my wife and I we have about $15k in spend to take care of in the next month or two, no way I could swing that without the help of my very fine friends at Office Depot.

wise2u Nov 3, 2012 11:26 pm

re

Originally Posted by Dynastar (Post 19619912)
Sure 5 points/$ is nice for Ink, but I've been enjoying the beans for hitting sign-up bonuses at 10%-20% equivalent (NFL Card is 40%!). Between my wife and I we have about $15k in spend to take care of in the next month or two, no way I could swing that without the help of my very fine friends at Office Depot.

why not all Family Dollar and a few Vallero and Walgreens...better to use regular cc there and save OD beans for inkers

farwest101 Nov 4, 2012 12:48 am

Originally Posted by wise2u (Post 19619952)
why not all Family Dollar and a few Vallero and Walgreens...better to use regular cc there and save OD beans for inkers

Exactly. ^

johndoe123 Nov 4, 2012 12:59 am

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 19620110)
Exactly. ^

I thought FD was debit only, but I could be very wrong on this.

blackmamba Nov 4, 2012 1:47 am

Anybody know where to get Vanilla Reloads in NYC?

arizonawildcat Nov 4, 2012 3:50 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123 (Post 19620138)
I thought FD was debit only, but I could be very wrong on this.

Here's what I found on their corporate website Q/A:

Q: Do you accept debit cards or credit cards?

A: Family Dollar accepts PIN-based debit cards in most stores. We do accept credit cards in most of our stores.

TheBOSman Nov 4, 2012 4:43 am

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19619496)
10 @ 50k each. Who would be stupid enough to put other spend?

Completely agree. If someone puts $10k of ice cream on, but puts $10k of 1x spend on it as well to reduce their ratio, then they've only earned 3x on that $20k, and had to go through a bit of hassle working through the reloads.

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat (Post 19620620)

A: Family Dollar accepts PIN-based debit cards in most stores. We do accept credit cards in most of our stores.

Most Family Dollar stores I've seen take Visa only in terms of CCs.

QL_714 Nov 4, 2012 5:08 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 19620741)
Completely agree. If someone puts $10k of ice cream on, but puts $10k of 1x spend on it as well to reduce their ratio, then they've only earned 3x on that $20k, and had to go through a bit of hassle working through the reloads.

Many think if they put other charges on there if/when the AA comes from Chase that it will make a difference. They are sadly mistaken.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Nov 4, 2012 5:08 am

Sorry, what's an AA?

thegasguru Nov 4, 2012 5:09 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat (Post 19620620)

I've had the same experience at Fam Dollar that others have had: their cash registers are only programmed to accept credit cards with 16 digit account numbers (eg, Visa). When you try to use a card with a 15 digit account number (like BB, or any Amex card), an error msg pops up.

QL_714 Nov 4, 2012 5:10 am

AA = Adverse Action