Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: All of em...
I got my email May 23rd..... still no check. Anyone else?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Something is wrong if you are still waiting this long for the check, mine was mailed out less than a week after closing. I'd say you should call them up immediately and find out what is going on.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:56 am

You're not going to get a check this way. They screwed up. Call them again and insist on your check to be sent asap.

However, at this point probably best to file a dispute with your credit card company.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
When I saw this thread pop up again I shed a single tear. RIP WF
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
When I saw this thread pop up again I shed a single tear. RIP WF
Yup, I still remember exactly where I was when I learned mine had died.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Something is wrong if you are still waiting this long for the check, mine was mailed out less than a week after closing. I'd say you should call them up immediately and find out what is going on.
Originally Posted by greendx
You're not going to get a check this way. They screwed up. Call them again and insist on your check to be sent asap.

However, at this point probably best to file a dispute with your credit card company.

Just called. Said they sent my check June 24th - which is literally a month after I got the cancellation email for "fraud"... I never got it. Getting escalated and I'm supposed to call in 7-10 days.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:06 pm

Just called. Said they sent my check June 24th - which is literally a month after I got the cancellation email for "fraud"... I never got it. Getting escalated and I'm supposed to call in 7-10 days.
Of course it's possible that they sent the check and it was lost in the mail. It's also possible that they will have an answer for you in 7-10 days. However, speaking only from personal experience it's highly likely that you will be calling them 10 days from now and getting to explain yourself over again after not having any updates.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
I forgot to update everyone. When we finally reported the abuse to http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ , we got a rapid written response from Wells Fargo execs. They informed us that we were getting the money and that the error was found. Two weeks after that we received our money back - check. Who has time to take a company to SC court? If it makes monetary sense for several thousand extra, then maybe yes. Thank you all for your good advice.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
Of course it's possible that they sent the check and it was lost in the mail. It's also possible that they will have an answer for you in 7-10 days. However, speaking only from personal experience it's highly likely that you will be calling them 10 days from now and getting to explain yourself over again after not having any updates.
I'm gonna call in less than 7-10 days, and assume that no matter the time frame, they will have made little to no progress.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:45 pm

and.... nothing. Haha. Double escalated now.

Said a check was sent in June but I never got it. Passed the time they said to call, so now they say 3 business days. Keeping the pressure on. They have been nice every time though and seem to understand the situation well, so at least it's not a total pain maker.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:41 pm

and.... nothing. Haha. Double escalated now.

Said a check was sent in June but I never got it. Passed the time they said to call, so now they say 3 business days. Keeping the pressure on. They have been nice every time though and seem to understand the situation well, so at least it's not a total pain maker.
Possibly, you are being played

Last edited by prasha11; Aug 21, 2013 at 8:59 pm
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Wells Fargo does play

Originally Posted by prasha11
Possibly, you are being played
Those are the same tactics they used on us - "check was sent Friday." or "We have escalated your account." or "You will receive a call from us in the next 5 biz days"... SIX months later we got nothing. UNTIL
Submit a complaint to the Feds. They will respond with an official letter within a week.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
As i said long long ago in this thread, you have to sue wf in sc court. Then they will contact you to settle and cover the court filing costs as they soon fed x your check.

In some instances in some states one can even sue for triple damages and include any interest lost on not having the funds in one's acct
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:08 pm

Just filed an official complaint at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Hopefully this gets things moving along. Thanks for the help/tips guys.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Cfb and fdic do little

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.