Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
One plus is that it is an easy and free way to unload your card! LOL
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
Same thing just happened to me today. I called in and was told that when the account is shut down like this they do not auto refund the money. They stated that they hold the money until the cardholder actually calls in to request a check and verify the address they want the check sent to... So I clarified with the gal that if I had not called I would never have been sent my money? and she said that is correct!! After calling they state you will receive the check w/in 7-14 business days.

As I was writing this, my wife called in on hers and was told that her refund was already being processed...??? I would recommend to call just in case.
I was told the opposite ... a refund was already processed. ANd I called just a few hours after getting the email.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:54 pm

well good to know it wasn't my spending habits that caused the account closure since it's happening to others too. plus, it made no sense to close my account 4 hours after i loaded money into it. why not close my account after I did an ATM withdrawal or BB run. I think they're just cleaning house for anyone who does big loads.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
I can't log in now. This morning I just did 2*500 BB and one 600 money order. It was all OK.
It seems that I am shut down now.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: BA, UA, US, AA
I received this email on Monday:

Thank you for your interest in the Wells Fargo Prepaid Card.

As part of our routine account opening process, information provided to us is subject to verification. Based on the information provided to us, we are unable to process your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card order at this time.

Please call Customer Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-360-2857 to confirm your account registration. If you do not call within 10 days of the date of this email, we will cancel your order for a Wells Fargo Prepaid Card.

Before I had a chance to call, I received this email:

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

I called and spoke to a rep. I said the first email told me to call within ten days. Less than 24 hrs later, before I had a chance to call, the account was closed?
First he said it was closed because I hadn't called in. I said I had ten days, per the first email. Then he said it wasn't that reason after all, and that I will have my refund check in 7-10 days.

I had only put one 2500 load on it, and had done several purchases at grocery for cash back, Costco, gas, and a few other small purchases just to mix it up. I hit the ATM twice.
I was down to $545 remaining.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:01 am

It took me about three weeks to get my refund check, in a hand addressed envelope from Wells Fargo in Des Moines, IA.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by peteypablo
It took me about three weeks to get my refund check, in a hand addressed envelope from Wells Fargo in Des Moines, IA.
Hand addressed? Wow.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:42 pm

Des Moines, IA. Wow.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Des Moines, IA. Wow.
Where else would you expect it to come from? That's where my Prepaid Cards were sent from ...
Old Mar 23, 2013, 1:17 pm

I just loaded my card and will continue to load until may 1st or they close my accoumt.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:41 pm

Closed 3/5, got the hand-written envelope with the check as well from DSM today 3/23. At least I get the 500+ UR points
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:53 am
jk2

My card is under "security review" now. Does it make sense to request a new card (I am aware about May 1 and want to maximize my spending on UA card)?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jk2
My card is under "security review" now. Does it make sense to request a new card (I am aware about May 1 and want to maximize my spending on UA card)?
I wouldn't bother. Based on the recent experience here, you are about to be shutdown anyways.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:37 am

Both cards got closed, refund checks are on the way.

30K+ relative easy points, not too bad.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:25 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by jk2
The follow up.

Now we both cannot login to our WFPP account - the message is "Security information incorrect". Does that mean they shutdown us?

UPDATE: Called customer service and was told that an account on the security review and nothing is required from me this time. Should take 7-10 days for them to review. It seems they organized massive audit of their accounts.
UPDATE2: Today (after 4 days) the both cards (mine and wife's) are back to "active" (I can login). But the "Load a card" feature has disappeared. I read the earlier posts that this usually means soon-to-be shutdown. Is this correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.