Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old Mar 15, 13, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by thebluejean View Post
Has anyone tried to load using Chase British Airways card? I tried $2500 and got declined. I called BA and the rep told me $2500 is over my Cash Advanced limit. I know Chase will record the transaction as cash advanced first than change to sale transactions but I want to make sure this is the case because I don't want to pay cash advanced fee and not get the miles.
I hate to be one of those people, but did you even BOTHER to read the thread?

1. You are limited by your Cash Advanced limit.
2. It will ultimately post as a purchase after pending as a Cash Advanced
3. Good job on calling and bringing it to the attention of Chase, despite the experimentation and reporting in this thread

I mean, seriously ...
Old Mar 15, 13, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Platinum
Well I did read and can't find my answer and that was my question. I know it's going to post as sales transaction eventually and I did try successfully with my Chase United card in the past. I "had to call Chase" anyway since Chase put a hold on my credit card that I can't do any transactions. Trust me, the last thing I want is to get attention from the bank.
Old Mar 15, 13, 1:26 am

Programs: Hyatt whatever the call it, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat but still earning millions of points
Well I did read and can't find my answer and that was my question. I know it's going to post as sales transaction eventually and I did try successfully with my Chase United card in the past. I "had to call Chase" anyway since Chase put a hold on my credit card that I can't do any transactions. Trust me, the last thing I want is to get attention from the bank.
But you did and you shouldn't have was amolkold point. You could have called them about the hold on your account and kept your mouth shut about questions about something posting as a CA.

If you want to talk to bulls fine but never show them red to anger them.
Old Mar 15, 13, 6:44 am

So was the hold caused by attempting to fund the WF card, or by something else?
Old Mar 15, 13, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by Nottafatslob View Post
But you did and you shouldn't have was amolkold point. You could have called them about the hold on your account and kept your mouth shut about questions about something posting as a CA.

If you want to talk to bulls fine but never show them red to anger them.
You think he is the first person to call. Come on, relax man!!
Old Mar 15, 13, 7:26 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by arsenalman View Post
You think he is the first person to call. Come on, relax man!!
just because he's not the first doesn't make it any less stupid
Old Mar 15, 13, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I love this forum. One grumpy guy after another.
Old Mar 15, 13, 9:42 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Hey guys so I called WF today to ask them if they could increase the limits on my funding with credit cards. I told them I had a big trip coming up and I really needed the points... oh wait...
Old Mar 15, 13, 9:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
So was the hold caused by attempting to fund the WF card, or by something else?
The hold was placed because I tried to do a cash advanced over my limit. I didn't know my cash advanced limit is less than $2500. But the rep is more than happy to remove the hold without saying anything.
Old Mar 15, 13, 9:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I want to know if your CC is on hold and not able to use, what would you do? Some people have made coming to the forum and ask for help very less welcoming.
Old Mar 15, 13, 10:19 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
I want to know if your CC is on hold and not able to use, what would you do? Some people have made coming to the forum and ask for help very less welcoming.
If I depended on that credit card for spending, I wouldn't be playing games with trying to eek out some miles using it to load prepaid debit cards.

I agree FT has some overly unfriendly attitudes to newcomers, and I have defended newbies many times here, but there are some cardinal ground rules in particular regarding calling the issuer/carrier/whomever you are trying to exploit that if not written should be patently obvious. Particualrly when like here there are signs the whole thing is falling apart I'm sure you will go on to defend it further but it will fall on deaf years
Old Mar 15, 13, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
The hold was placed because I tried to do a cash advanced over my limit. I didn't know my cash advanced limit is less than $2500. But the rep is more than happy to remove the hold without saying anything.
OK. I need to correct you. It is NOT cash ADVANCED. It's cash ADVANCE. There is no "D" on the end. Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility.
Old Mar 15, 13, 10:42 am

I suspect, from the syntax of the sentences, that english may not be thebluejean's native language. It can be hard to communicate in a language not your own.
Old Mar 15, 13, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
OK. I need to correct you. It is NOT cash ADVANCED. It's cash ADVANCE. There is no "D" on the end. Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility.
But there is an ... in assumption
Old Mar 15, 13, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
Wow - if this is how credibilty (woops made a spelling mistake) is judged on this forum - i have no credibility. I am very dependent on Auto-correct and MS Office

While we are talking about basic mistakes - It should have been - There is no "D" at the end.
Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility

Last edited by arsenalman; Mar 15, 13 at 11:42 am

Search this Thread