Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:39 am

i dont see the point of this 4.5k rolling window threshold. they should just make it 4.5k reset every month.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
i dont see the point of this 4.5k rolling window threshold. they should just make it 4.5k reset every month.
Two reload fees?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adirondacker
Two reload fees?
I think he(?) means have it $4,500/month, not per rolling 30. The load fees would still be the same but it would be a hell of alot easier for some people to manage.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by shoreline

I also wonder how often your friend changed the funing source over the 9 month period. Can you ask them that please and report back?
Said it was Chase Sapph the whole time.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MileageUpdate
Check out this email sent out:

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

This account cannot be reopened.
Got the same email for one account but not the other. Account had ATMs (but no more than 3 in one month), BB reloads at WM, and 1 grocery store transactions (item+cb).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Got the same email for one account but not the other. Account had ATMs (but no more than 3 in one month), BB reloads at WM, and 1 grocery store transactions (item+cb).
was this today or sometime recently?

how many accounts did you have (1 account 2 cards, or 2 separate accounts or more?)

curious.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:00 pm

was this today or sometime recently?

how many accounts did you have (1 account 2 cards, or 2 separate accounts or more?)

curious.
Got it today. Last BB reloads (about $1200) were yesterday. I have 2 cards on 2 separate accounts, and the newer account was shut down. I still have $500 on there that I was going to save for an ATM withdrawal, so that'll be fun trying to get that money back. I can't log in to that account.

"Fraudulent" activity

Last edited by amolkold; Mar 5, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by jdl
Does anyone have two WFPP cards and able to load more than $4500 per month combined? I had one card and did "Add a Card" from my WFPP account. I tried loading my new WFPP card for the first time and it says maximum reloads reached.

I recall people on this thread saying they were able to load more than $4500 on two cards per month. I'm now thinking I should not have added the card from my original account. I think my two WFPP cards are sharing the $4500 monthly limit.

If you have been able to load more than $4500, did you add the card from within your original account? Thanks.
Just logged in - same issues. I have 2 cards. I'm a few days past my 15 day schedule and got "maximum loads reached" when trying to load $2495. Last load was $1995 on Feb 16, so I am meeting the $4.5K per month limits.

I loaded my other card on 2/23, so will try again on 3/11 (16 days later) to see if I can load this card.

Be interested if we see similar data points.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
Just logged in - same issues. I have 2 cards. I'm a few days past my 15 day schedule and got "maximum loads reached" when trying to load $2495. Last load was $1995 on Feb 16, so I am meeting the $4.5K per month limits.

I loaded my other card on 2/23, so will try again on 3/11 (16 days later) to see if I can load this card.

Be interested if we see similar data points.
Originally Posted by amolkold
Got it today. Last BB reloads (about $1200) were yesterday. I have 2 cards on 2 separate accounts, and the newer account was shut down. I still have $500 on there that I was going to save for an ATM withdrawal, so that'll be fun trying to get that money back. I can't log in to that account.

"Fraudulent" activity
Thanks for the info. and the datapoints.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:18 pm

Thanks for the info. and the datapoints.
Yeah. I mean, no fault of theirs, I didn't really conceal activity. I have no time chasing around grocery stores to do small transactions ... I'd rather do the 2-3 ATMs per month and load Bluebird with pin transactions. If they don't like me doing that, it's not worth my time for a few thousand points a month.

The whole "fraudulent" activity though ... Use CC to load WF to refill BB to write a check to repay student loan? Fraudulent? Sure ....

Last edited by amolkold; Mar 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:07 pm

by chance, did your card 'arrive in the mail' on 2/18 with the loaded amount of 2500, or, did you order the card and load it on 2/18 with the amount of 2500 and it arrived a week or so later?

most people order the card with a load (of some amount) when the originally order the card.
I loaded it with 2500 when I ordered online. Is the first load no subject to the limits? I haven't seen that posted anywhere. Nervous about others reporting shutdowns despite working in normal charges. I might avoid ATMs for the moment since I can unload >4k a month with BB billpay.

Thanks to those experiencing shutdowns for posting their data points.^
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: Northwest, United
These reports of shutdowns are disturbing. Thank you to those who have provided details of your experience.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:36 am

Add me to the list of shutdown - had the account 6months - mix of regular spend+ATM withdrawals and monthly max loads = "closed"

IMO, not worth the efforts, other than to meet a min spend - now, waiting for 20-30!! business days for balances to be refunded via check.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by scottdunlop
Add me to the list of shutdown - had the account 6months - mix of regular spend+ATM withdrawals and monthly max loads = "closed"

IMO, not worth the efforts, other than to meet a min spend - now, waiting for 20-30!! business days for balances to be refunded via check.
it appears the frequent visits to WM for $500 or more and/or the frequent ATM visits for high withdrawals are raising the red flags.

WF sets the load limits & the limits on the ATM's and the transaction amounts. So, as long as you stay within those limits they should not care...hmmmmm (geez--makes one wonder).

I am sure they would like to see many ATM's for $20 each. However, they charge the load fee and the monthly fee.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:45 am

I really want to get in on the WF gift card because you can get the money orders - but from the sounds of it, it's not worth the risk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.