Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by F&B767
Perfect, it worked for $1,000.
Anyone know if you can make more than one order in a day without drawing the suspicious eye?
You can't exceed your CA limit on the Chase card.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by jada135
When your blacklisted your decline letter will say previous unsatisfactory relationship with bank and that will not change and they will not give you any cards ever.
I was blacklisted with Chase after I ran through a rough patch about 13 years ago and was unable to pay a $11000 debt. I applied for the Chase Priority Club in 2011 because of the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with bank." I had never received a collection letter from any agency about my Chase debt (I had paid other older debts off). When I call the recon line, they told me that if I paid off the old collection, they would allow for me to apply for the card. They gave me the collection agency's name and number to pay the debt. The debt had been past down a lot during that time (about 11 years), so by the time I got to the 4th collection agency, it was closed down and there was no way to trace it. I called Chase after 2 months and told them I tried to pay the debt, but could not find where it was. The lady was nice and called the collection agency and they told her that it had been sold and there was no way to trace it now. She verified the information from my previous application and got a supervisor on the line. He allowed me to get the Priority Club card, but only with a $1000 credit limit. I thought I was in the open until a year later. I applied for the Mileage Plus card and was declined because of the same reason. I called the recon line again, saw the notes where I tried to pay the debt and gave me the card with a $7000 limit. It is still in their system, but the supervisor was able to override it for me and I have 2 cards. I want to pay those two well for a year or two before I try any others. If you find the right person, it can be overridden.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Has anyone used other cards that you can purchased from a grocery store to to help get money off of your WF card? Same $3.95 fee as a VR but includes bill pay AND can be purchased in amounts up to $950. It didn't dawn on me until now that I could be doing this on one card and also putting the $5K allowed monthly on the BB.
I believe you would only be able to load $600 as that is limit for purchases. The store near me that sells those cards only accepts cash.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I believe you would only be able to load $600 as that is limit for purchases. The store near me that sells those cards only accepts cash.

likely true, but may be possible with another venue.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:41 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, will be using Barclay card tomorrow.

Originally Posted by gm9928
Yes, Barclay cards work. My WF load posted as a regular purchase. ^
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:45 pm

You can do $600 as it is WF's transaction limit, though you could do multiple transactions.

Has anyone used other cards that you can purchased from a grocery store to to help get money off of your WF card? Same $3.95 fee as a VR but includes bill pay AND can be purchased in amounts up to $950. It didn't dawn on me until now that I could be doing this on one card and also putting the $5K allowed monthly on the BB.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:27 pm

Successfully ordered the card today, loading it with $2.5K from my new SW card. Will update when I get the card. Thanks everyone for the responses, and getting this newbie upto speed (I hope )
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:48 am
Suspended

You do realize that you can load a BB directly with any PIN based debit card, right?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:51 am

Security information incorrect.

WFPP, Tried to sign in my account but get "Security information incorrect." am I in trouble? anyone had this happen?(I could sign in yesterday) call CS or wait for few days?

Last edited by prasha11; Mar 1, 2013 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:38 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Stoughton
You do realize that you can load a BB directly with any PIN based debit card, right?
Yes but I am talking about going beyond the $5K limit with the BB. Mostly for hitting spend requirements. I strictly load the BB with VRs for now since I can get 6x points. Once that is no longer available through CVS I will probably just switch to the WF load method.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:54 am

For many people with account under security review, the accounts are accessible and only "load fund" is disabled. Your case is probably something different, I'd call.

QUOTE=prasha11;20339641]WFPP, Tried to sign in my account but get "Security information incorrect." am I in trouble? anyone had this happen?(I could sign in yesterday) call CS or wait for few days?[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:56 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Does this debit card have to be the card that is "linked" to your BB account, or can you go to WM and use any pin based debit card?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:59 am

You can go to WM and use your WFPP card to load money to BB. Remember, BB limits, and WFPP limits though. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by ned
Does this debit card have to be the card that is "linked" to your BB account, or can you go to WM and use any pin based debit card?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ned
Any pin based debit card. I don't even have a card linked to my BB account.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:39 am

I think I read somewhere in this thread (or was it BB ) that there is no hard pull on getting this card (but I am confused from all the reading). Here is what it says on faqs at WFPP card site:

The Wells Fargo Prepaid Card is not tied to your personal credit in any way.

Does this mean, getting this card will not hurt the credit score? In other words, no hard pull on getting this card, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.