Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by dnkywhisperer
I just tried to load $2500 with CSP and the transaction wouldn't go through. I than lowered it to $1999 and still no go. Does anyone know if something has changed? Maybe with CSP?
Nothing has changed. The information in the first post is still wrong. Maybe one of the so called expert bloggers can fill you in.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Nothing has changed. The information in the first post is still wrong. Maybe one of the so called expert bloggers can fill you in.
Which information is wrong? The daily limit of max $2500 (max 5k per month) is stated in t&c. What is the max amount you can load with a chase card?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:44 am
xp0

You need to know which pool of limits chase swims in during its initial holding period to figure out how much you can load. If the pool is not Olympic size, make sure you swim within the ropes on the kiddie end
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: Several dozen
Oh, they'll introduce themselves soon enough. Don't think two on a match will trigger the call, though.

Originally Posted by econjon
where's the reference to the pointy hatted authorities!?

also, am considering this for wife as well. think that'll set off any extra alarms for double duty at same address?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by xp0
You need to know which pool of limits chase swims in during its initial holding period to figure out how much you can load. If the pool is not Olympic size, make sure you swim within the ropes on the kiddie end
... and how do you figure that out? call chase? i am waiting for my ink bold to arrive and was hoping I could load the max.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:03 am

I just loaded $1100 +- onto the card using my Cap One cc (earns tuppence per dollar spent). It shows at Cap One as a Pending Transaction. Per the WF website you can have a maximum of two funding sources. First load was $500 using Chase. (You can delete funding sources to add different ones.)

Anyone know what's the max you can spend at a brick and mortar store for a PIN purchase? I'm heading out to a local mom and pop run by the beaver's mom and dad.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by koolr
... and how do you figure that out? call chase? i am waiting for my ink bold to arrive and was hoping I could load the max.
Why would you call chase and then the rep documents the call which is their job and the questions you ask go in the computer. hmmm

Then the system analyzes everything and soon there are solutions from systems that cost millions of dollars. slow normal transactions with no phone calls or emails is the way to go
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Why would you call chase and then the rep documents the call which is their job and the questions you ask go in the computer. hmmm

Then the system analyzes everything and soon there are solutions from systems that cost millions of dollars. slow normal transactions with no phone calls or emails is the way to go
Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Thanks.
I just read a new thread where a guy called BOA to get his credit line from and old card moved to a new card he just opened with a smaller limit than he wanted. So BOA hit him with a Hard Pull Again to take a look. So he got one for opening the card then another when he called in. 2 hard pulls

Calling them isn't working out so well
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by xp0
wait, seriously, people are asking about loading with $500?

*face palm*
Well, mostly *face palm.* For newbies just learning the game and not wanting to go too far out on the limb on their first or second transaction, I can see being willing to pay the fees just to learn at a slow and steady pace.

I've been doing it for a while and for me, it would be grounds for losing an arm.

Mike
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Does anyone have a clue what information is QL_714 referring to be wrong in the first post?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Does anyone have a clue what information is QL_714 referring to be wrong in the first post?
Don't pay much attention to him, he just likes to talk.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I don't have the card, and haven't looked into this closely, but from some recent posts on this thread then I'd hesitate a guess that it's looking at your cash advance limit to begin with, which may well be lower than $2,500.

If I'm wrong maybe someone can be bothered to correct this.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by GoGreen
I just loaded $1100 +- onto the card using my Cap One cc (earns tuppence per dollar spent). It shows at Cap One as a Pending Transaction. Per the WF website you can have a maximum of two funding sources. First load was $500 using Chase. (You can delete funding sources to add different ones.)

Anyone know what's the max you can spend at a brick and mortar store for a PIN purchase? I'm heading out to a local mom and pop run by the beaver's mom and dad.
I'll answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering. I tried to make a purchase for 900+- and the card was rejected. I asked the cashier to split it into two pieces with $600 for the WF card. She was not able to do it (although I've heard it can be done, neither of us knew how.) Then I went to purchase a bag of corn chips for $1.98 and requested $100 cash back. Success! So I figure if I buy 49 bags of corn chips each month, I'll recoup my $5K investment!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:33 pm
xp0

Look at what User Name said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.