Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Website is very obviously broken right now. Probably best to give them half a day and try again.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by DrSifu
-$5.00 per load if using a non-Wells Fargo card
-$3.00 monthly maintenance fee
-$2.50 ATM withdrawal fee at non-Wells Fargo ATM. First 2 are free if taken at a Wells Fargo ATM and $1.00 afterwards.
Originally Posted by amolkold
Still can't do $500 ATM. Looks like I'll have to stick to $300 ATMs ... don't want to call WF. Will do the first 2 free each month, then switch to MOs since those have cheaper fees/$.

Yeap.
it's 2 free each month now?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Still can't do $500 ATM. Looks like I'll have to stick to $300 ATMs ... don't want to call WF. Will do the first 2 free each month, then switch to MOs since those have cheaper fees/$.
Assume you've tried different ATMs? Some ATMs have their own limits. Try the Woody one at WM, those have $500 limits too (although 2.5 fee).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
It has been since day 1, just as it says in the 1st post of this thread.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
It's always been 2 free each calendar month.

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Assume you've tried different ATMs? Some ATMs have their own limits. Try the Woody one at WM, those have $500 limits too (although 2.5 fee).
Only tried WF ATMs but tried at 4 different branches, keep getting the same result. The 2.50 fee doesn't do it for me ... would rather keep it to ~$1 per $500.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:11 pm

Looks like if you get shut down, they won't allow you to order anymore cards and you're banned.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
Looks like if you get shut down, they won't allow you to order anymore cards and you're banned.
u got shut down?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I logged out of the WF website and logged back in, and now the option to load my WF card has completely disappeared from the website. Am I screwed? Anyone else have this happen to them?
From reading this thread, if the add funds option disappears, it means my account is under review for too many failed load attempts...
In the end was it really the too many failed loads? I recall later you mentioned the ability to order new cards, did that work out? Just the old card locked up? Did you get the money out of it?

I see nothing that says any account under review, or lock, but, the ability to load funds is not present (or it's moved some where that I can't see it). I still see the option to order a new card.

I did NOT have any failed load attempts. Merely entered the password incorrectly a few times then got a password reset (if this is even related).
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
In the end was it really the too many failed loads? I recall later you mentioned the ability to order new cards, did that work out? Just the old card locked up? Did you get the money out of it?

I see nothing that says any account under review, or lock, but, the ability to load funds is not present (or it's moved some where that I can't see it). I still see the option to order a new card.

I did NOT have any failed load attempts. Merely entered the password incorrectly a few times then got a password reset (if this is even related).
My history with the WF card is I got my first card and put a total of $4500 on it in Nov, then loaded it all to my BB over a period of weeks. Then I got some new SW cards in Jan and had too many failed loads because I didn't know the CA limit on them. Account was closed and put under security review. WF ended up calling me and said my account was closed perma and to order a new card if I wanted one.

I ordered two new cards for $1000 each, then the orders got cancelled and I called WF and they were clueless and said, "It must be because your old account got closed." and I replied with "So you're telling me because of an honest mistake I'm banned for life?" and he just kept repeating "Is there anything else I can help you with sir?"

So that's my sad story.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:31 pm

I ordered two new cards for $1000 each, then the orders got cancelled and I called WF and they were clueless and said, "It must be because your old account got closed."

So that's my sad story.
That is a sad story. I'd wait a couple months and then try again. Perhaps the old card takes a while to clear out of the system or something.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:32 pm

My history with the WF card is I got my first card and put a total of $4500 on it in Nov, then loaded it all to my BB over a period of weeks. Then I got some new SW cards in Jan and had too many failed loads because I didn't know the CA limit on them. Account was closed and put under security review. WF ended up calling me and said my account was closed perma and to order a new card if I wanted one.

I ordered two new cards for $1000 each, then the orders got cancelled and I called WF and they were clueless and said, "It must be because your old account got closed." and I replied with "So you're telling me because of an honest mistake I'm banned for life?" and he just kept repeating "Is there anything else I can help you with sir?"

So that's my sad story.
thanks for posting the update. I don't have the card, but the info. may be useful to others.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:17 pm
jdl

Can you load the WF PP card with a Vanilla Visa GC from OD? I have two $500 GCs left over from OD since Walgreens decided to go cash only on the Vanillas. I figured the GCs would load onto the WF Prepaid since the GC is a Visa debit card but it wouldn't take it. Sorry if this has been answered, I did search the thread before posting.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
No, you cannot use GC''s to load WF. Any credit card(non-amex) will work, don't use citi cards as they treat them as Cash Advance.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:33 pm

Yup, $500 GCs from OD won't work. I registered the zip and it allowed me to add the GC, but trying to load $495 failed. I then tried lower amounts and all failed. I think it has to do with the way WF seems to pull from your CA limit, and you can't CA those GCs.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:35 pm

some family members tried opening a WF PP with Chase Sapphire and SW RR Plus. Both cards wouldn't go thru. Had to use another CC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.