Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:24 am

Last edited by QL_714; Aug 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm Reason: It was a joke
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:30 am

Last edited by gm9928; Aug 21, 2012 at 9:35 am Reason: Idiocy
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Bttc
I completely agree.
You hear a lot of reports of Chase banning people for taking advantage of the Ink 5% back at OD to buy prepaid cards. I personally wouldn't risk it--it's not just the Ink card that gets shut down it's ALL of your Chase cards.
I agree with the overall sentiment. Chase is a golden goose, and I value the card sign ups and benefits too much to risk pushing too far.

That said the reports on people being banned were generally in one of two categories - (1) people who seriously maxed out the AARP 5% on everything cash back cards (many people made several thousand dollars in hard cash, I managed a couple K myself and got a bit nervous); and (2) people who used scripts to generate thousands of 1c transactions on the Chase Freedom card to take advantage of the 10 points per swipe bonus. I have not personally read of anyone getting banned for the OD gig and frankly the 50k upper limit seems to have their tolerance for bonus dishing built in.

There is a great deal of possibility they would frown upon excessive and/or exclusive use of a credit card for buying "stuff" from Wells Fargo. So proceed with caution.

And instead of people posting "how about this card or that card" - how about you go and try it with a small amount, say $10, and then report that back here for the collective to utilize? It is very lazy to simply demand what works and what doesn't on a deal like this without contributing anything in return.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
how about you go and try it with a small amount, say $10, and then report that back here for the collective to utilize?
Did exactly that w/WF and Explorer. Posts as a sale.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by koolr
Does anyone have any experience on loading WF Prepaid card with Vanilla Reload? How does the loading fees are charged? Is it $5 per $500 Vanilla card?
Does not work. Tried yesterday.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928
Does not work. Tried yesterday.
So, you can't load WF with Vanilla Reload card? Did you call Vanilla for help? Vanilla says it should work with all prepaid cards - Visa, MC, and AmEx!!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by koolr
So, you can't load WF with Vanilla Reload card? Did you call Vanilla for help? Vanilla says it should work with all prepaid cards - Visa, MC, and AmEx!!
No you can't load WF PP with Vanilla Reloads. The only form of funding the WF card is credit or debit.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if this might already be under increased scrutiny from WF, but I got my card in the mail, activated it, and tried to load it. Seems that just the fact that I added a second credit card to my profile for the load has caused me to go under a security alert, and it'll take up to 10 business days for this to be completed.

Oh well. Had it working for almost 10 minutes there.

I'll try to remember to report back in three weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
You read my mind ( I know not that hard to do LOL) I love Chase and have been a customer for over a decade and would hate to have my accounts closed since they hold up my high credit rating with my long term accounts.
Originally Posted by mikeef
First, I have no skin in this game-feel free to take my comments for what they are worth.

The quoted post is a very important one. You DO NOT want to be blacklisted from Chase. Chase controls a large percentage of the travel cards market and it's just not worth it to get greedy on one deal and be banned altogether.

Mike
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:25 pm

You did very well and Thank You
Originally Posted by DrSifu
Check this out if you want a better summation of my first post I think he may have done a better job with indentation and paragraph breaks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
You did very well and Thank You
C+, did not get the load limits correct.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
C+, did not get the load limits correct.
LOL, You are a hard crowd to play for.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
LOL, You are a hard crowd to play for.
...but you and many others know I am right.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:13 am

Citi Business & Chase

I tried two different banks, each amount was $100.

Citi Business posted as "Cash Advance"
Chase posted as "Sale"

Did anyone try Barclays? BofA? Would be nice to get more data points.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PedroNY
I tried two different banks, each amount was $100.

Citi Business posted as "Cash Advance"
Chase posted as "Sale"
FTR, it does mention that in the 1st post. You could have avoided the Citi cash advance fees

Did anyone try Barclays? BofA? Would be nice to get more data points.
BoA works

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.