Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brettalb
Has anyone been able to fund their WF PP account with their spouses CC (Chase, to hit a minimum spend)? It doesn't ask for the name on the CC on the add funding source screen.
Originally Posted by carsonheim
does not work. tried and it screwed up hubby's account.
Hmm. I did it without issue.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ducati
Have you?
The vast majority of it.

More than the vast majority here.

It is frankly a very difficult read. The application of many provisions is not clear.

Few, if any, of our elected members of congress have read the law either. Matters like this are largely the purview of congressional staffers. If I could do it all again (and had a few bucks in the bank at graduation) I would have tried to spend a few years in DC. The amount of influence you can have as a junior staffer in the details is far greater than I understood when I was younger.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by prasha11
no, I am constantly reminded about it for 11 years, we need to move on with our normal lives and not live in fear, everyone is not terrorist. PATRIOT act, 'fraud', 'money laundering' is a tool often used and abused to pacify, an excuse to shut U up. 99.9999% of Americans are good people (hope I am not starting a debate...)

Do you remember $700 Billion extortion/heist ?
Originally Posted by NYBanker
I agree on your percentage. Fee of the regs that we grapple with here however are Patriot-related. LCTRs, etc, have long been part of banking regulation.

$700 billion extortion/heist? No, I'm not familiar with such a heist. If you're referring to the Troubled Asset Relief Program, I'm sure you are aware that the bank investments made by the government in2008/09 have in aggregate turned a healthy profit for the government....with more room to run...and certainly avoided plenty of other costs.

If only the auto deals worked out quite so well.
I too share the pissed offedness on this stuff!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Isn't there a $2 fee w/ a max of 100 load at a time?
No. $800 limit (this limit is on the WF card). At WM, you can load $1k per day via debit.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by brewernq
Why is everybody messing around with ATMs and MO when you can just load this thing onto your bluebird and dispense from there? Or are you just trying to mix up the activity on the card?
The only reason to do this would be if you didn't have access to VRs.

With wells ATMs, you can unload $4.5k per month for $7 in ATM fees.

If I didn't have access to a wells ATM, but did have access to VRs, I'd use the WF card for mos. bb would be last resort.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hmm, ATMs wouldn't work this weekend at different branches. Only had 1 withdrawal in the past week. Card still works and I could load it if I wasn't going to hit a limit.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:03 pm

I agree on your percentage. Fee of the regs that we grapple with here however are Patriot-related. LCTRs, etc, have long been part of banking regulation.

$700 billion extortion/heist? No, I'm not familiar with such a heist. If you're referring to the Troubled Asset Relief Program, I'm sure you are aware that the bank investments made by the government in2008/09 have in aggregate turned a healthy profit for the government....with more room to run...and certainly avoided plenty of other costs.

If only the auto deals worked out quite so well.
They returned the money because of not willing to abide by the conditions of the program, like - no bonus payments to employes from TARP assisted banks or 99% of bonus taxable proposed by the congress, so much more is not out there....and no one wants to talk about it. The point is the way they got the 700.

The Auto deal has been a great success. The rebirth of American Auto industry, the backbone of the American economy. Criticizing Auto bailout is the primary reason why Romney lost presidency run....(sorry, this is way OT)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by prasha11
They returned the money because of not willing to abide by the conditions of the program, like - no bonus payments to employes from TARP assisted banks or 99% of bonus taxable proposed by the congress, so much more is not out there....and no one wants to talk about it. The point is the way they got the 700.

The Auto deal has been a great success. The rebirth of American Auto industry, the backbone of the American economy. Criticizing Auto bailout is the primary reason why Romney lost presidency run....(sorry, this is way OT)
You're right, that this is OT, but remember that you and I (assuming you pay taxes also) lost at least $30B, bare minimum. So considering it a "great success" is obviously in the eyes of the beholder. I consider that a loss.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:19 am

Angry USAA

Has anyone had success loading their WF Prepaid card with a USAA credit card? I had my load declined, with no reason I can see on the USAA account end.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:45 am

I have had success. I did it one time.

Originally Posted by bmatt
Has anyone had success loading their WF Prepaid card with a USAA credit card? I had my load declined, with no reason I can see on the USAA account end.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:50 am

Credit score affect

Guys - didn't see too many threads discussed on this but can this card even show up in a blip on one's credit history? I don't want anything new on my credit report given I'll be taking up a new mortgage in 3 months

Thx
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Hmm. I did it without issue.
It worked for me also once I made sure the address was exactly the same (Drive versus Dr).
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - didn't see too many threads discussed on this but can this card even show up in a blip on one's credit history? I don't want anything new on my credit report given I'll be taking up a new mortgage in 3 months

Thx
You're not getting credit from them, so it won't appear on your CR
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: All of 'em
It let me load with Barclay's, but not my Chase cards.
This appears to be new for me.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
It let me load with Barclay's, but not my Chase cards.
This appears to be new for me.
Check your Cash Advance (CA) limit. It must be more than $5 below it. Chase converts the CA to a regular purchase after the fact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.