Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by haodebi
Apology - if this question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer now (vaguely remember seeing it)

Using credit card, is it true that Chase charges the prepaid card purchase as 'Purchase' while Citi charges that as 'Cash Advance'?

Sincerely appreciate that!
This is what users are reporting at present.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
We would of course argue we have a legitimate purpose (earning miles)...but this use is, at a minimum, even if within the letter of the T&C, inconsistent with the spirit of what they are trying to provide.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of people getting questioned at their retail bank for excessive depositing of MOs (that's also covered in KYC/AML 101).
I wouldn't say I was using it to earn miles. Though, as you mention, it's difficult for them to argue that such a use is prohibited under the T&Cs, because only illegal activity is expressly prohibited. The spirit of the service doesn't much matter in a legal sense, provided you fulfill your obligations (which is essentially just to pay them, which they ensure happens, and not to otherwise break U.S. law).
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:46 pm
Suspended

has anyone funded with a citi aa or hilton card?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
has anyone funded with a citi aa or hilton card?
every transaction from a financial institution from citi posts as a cash advance. you have been warned
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
every transaction from a financial institution from citi posts as a cash advance. you have been warned
You are wrong again. Your homework for tonight is to find the FI's that Citi will not code as a CA. Bloggers won't help on this one.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
I think i've read this entire thread twice and haven't come across this once: i've applied twice for the card, and both time have received after a few days the message:
"Unfortunately we are unable to fulfill your order at this time. The information that was provided in your account registration was either incomplete or could not be processed."

After calling and giving my order number the rep was unable to even find my original order for the card!

Has anyone else run into this? It's not crucial to my points strategy, but i would like the additional action...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
You are wrong again. Your homework for tonight is to find the FI's that Citi will not code as a CA. Bloggers won't help on this one.
Ha
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:06 pm

Used my WF to feed the bird today at WMT, without standing in line or speaking to a single person.

So if one used UA Club to load $4500 on WF in a 30 day period (WF limit), it would earn 6750 miles. Fees are $13 ($5 load x 2, $3 account fee). Load to the bird to liquidate. $0.0019 per UA mile.

Compared to feeding beans to the bird: Assuming same UA Club card to get $4500 in beans would cost $35.55 in VR fees ($3.95 x 9), which is $0.0053 per UA mile.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How much is the limit to load to a BB via debit card at WMT? I heard $1000, though is it $5K in-store? Does that include any VR reloads?

If you live near a WF, $1000 can be taken out for free per calendar month.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Used my WF to feed the bird today at WMT, without standing in line or speaking to a single person.

So if one used UA Club to load $4500 on WF in a 30 day period (WF limit), it would earn 6750 miles. Fees are $13 ($5 load x 2, $3 account fee). Load to the bird to liquidate. $0.0019 per UA mile.
How did you load at WMT without a cashier?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How did you load at WMT without a cashier?
Some WMT ATM's let you load
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
How much is the limit to load to a BB via debit card at WMT? I heard $1000, though is it $5K in-store? Does that include any VR reloads?

If you live near a WF, $1000 can be taken out for free per calendar month.
I believe WF is limited to $600 spend per day.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
I believe WF is limited to $600 spend per day.
That's not my question, although I guess my question is more apt for the Bluebird thread.

There is a limit to how much you can load a Bluebird via debit per month, I want to know that limit. Also if that limit coincides with the VR load limit.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amolkold
That's not my question, although I guess my question is more apt for the Bluebird thread.

There is a limit to how much you can load a Bluebird via debit per month, I want to know that limit. Also if that limit coincides with the VR load limit.
As clearly stated in the T&C - $5,000, inclusive of any VR load.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
As clearly stated in the T&C - $5,000, inclusive of any VR load.
If we want to start throwing around the word "clearly," then we should all be referring to WMT loads as "swipe reloads" and not "debit reloads." Because the T&C have different rules for either term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.