Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Reply

Old Nov 15, 12, 12:02 pm
  #496  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 935
Just had my Citi card load a new WF prepaid. Ugh. Didn't know better. What a waste.

FWIW, the website locked up when I tried to use my Citi card and some sort of warning came up suggesting I try later. Tried later and another warning came up and I literally said "f this" and gave up. Lo and behold, get an email saying my Citi card had been charged and a new card is on its way. The WF prepaid website is horrible.
farwest101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 12, 3:37 pm
  #497  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
can I load Amex target prepaid card? Can I load BOA hawaain card to meet spend req and to earn the bonus miles?

thanks
emptiness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 12:49 pm
  #498  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 300
You got to love this!

Reloading fund into WF PP has been failing for me for the last 2-3 day, I waited and didn't make call until today, the CSR told me to try one more time after she verified the CC and WF account both were good, I retried but it still didn't work, so she put me on hold and went to do some "research" on this, she came back shortly telling me I was not hitting any limit, but there could be some problem with my funding CC (chase SP) that I need to contact my CC company , and by the way, my account is now under review for the repeated failed reload attempts, I couldn't even reload the card with a different CC :-<

I know my CC has no problem that I have been using it somewhere else.

Calling about a problem that the WF CSR has couldn't solve only made it worse for me, well done WF!
tonyflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 1:18 pm
  #499  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PDX
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by tonyflyer View Post
Reloading fund into WF PP has been failing for me for the last 2-3 day, I waited and didn't make call until today, the CSR told me to try one more time after she verified the CC and WF account both were good, I retried but it still didn't work, so she put me on hold and went to do some "research" on this, she came back shortly telling me I was not hitting any limit, but there could be some problem with my funding CC (chase SP) that I need to contact my CC company , and by the way, my account is now under review for the repeated failed reload attempts, I couldn't even reload the card with a different CC :-<

I know my CC has no problem that I have been using it somewhere else.

Calling about a problem that the WF CSR has couldn't solve only made it worse for me, well done WF!
Did you check if you're hitting the cash advance limit on your chase card? The WF PP loads hit that limit when first charged.
emax48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:10 pm
  #500  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 300
That was it! Thank you!

I had cash advance limit of 1K even the CC has much higher credit limit, I don't pay attention to cash advance limit since I never do cash advance.

Is it easy to get Chase to raise the cash advance limit?

Originally Posted by emax48 View Post
Did you check if you're hitting the cash advance limit on your chase card? The WF PP loads hit that limit when first charged.
tonyflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:16 pm
  #501  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 84
Wouldn't cash advance also slap on a bunch of fees?
stalker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:21 pm
  #502  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 300
My understanding is the load is initially categorized as cash advance but later on gets re-categorized as regular purchase, so no fee from CC company.

Originally Posted by stalker View Post
Wouldn't cash advance also slap on a bunch of fees?
tonyflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:22 pm
  #503  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
I wonder what I should do about my WF prepaid card. Got it over 2 months ago and only loaded $1k once and have taken all out except for few dollars weeks ago.

If I keep it but don't use it, I get hit with monthly fee of $6?

I can load from my upcoming BOA Hawaain Airline card to meet spend req but I heared that will not help me earn my 35k bonus miles. BOA loads don't earn anything?
emptiness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:25 pm
  #504  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 300
Correct, in my case.

Also the monthly fee is $3.

Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
BOA loads don't earn anything?
tonyflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:29 pm
  #505  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
Originally Posted by tonyflyer View Post
Correct, in my case.

Also the monthly fee is $3.
you are saying you earned no bonus or one mile per dollar regular miles with any BOA loads?
emptiness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 2:42 pm
  #506  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 300
No miles per dollar, and didn't count towards bonus.

Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
you are saying you earned no bonus or one mile per dollar regular miles with any BOA loads?
tonyflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 4:30 pm
  #507  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 613
Originally Posted by tonyflyer View Post
No miles per dollar, and didn't count towards bonus.
so I should just forget about BOA load?
emptiness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 4:40 pm
  #508  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
so I should just forget about BOA load?
pretty much. or you can run a test, load $500 and take it out from WF ATM.
liw5215 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 12, 4:51 pm
  #509  
xp0
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 774
Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
so I should just forget about BOA load?
depends on what you are after. If you want points or meet a bonus, then yes I would forget about it. If you just want to load money on for the heck of it and then withdraw it from an ATM so that it costs you some money to get it back ... then keep going.
xp0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 12, 9:11 am
  #510  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 711
Here's what I've gathered with my experience with the WFPP card:

I had the add funds link disappear for awhile, but it came back.
I've also had the red Max number of reloads message, but I learned why.

The reload limits in the T&C are rather vague, but if you look at some of the other cards served by Visa Prepaid, you'll find the following reload limits (which, IME have been the same for WFPP):

$2500/24h period
$3500/rolling 15d period
$4500/rolling 30d period

So for simplicity, if you load $2500 on day 1, you won't be able to load more than $1000 until day 15. Then on day 15, (if you didn't load the $1000) you can load $2000.

Please do your math and stop calling in.
whistler814 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread