Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:05 pm
Suspended

can you load this using visa/mc gc?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by reaper99999
Two days ago I noticed the "Add Funds" option has disappeared from the sidebar in my account. I suspect my account got locked and to avoid having my funds frozen I took out all the money out before I call in. Turned out my suspicion was right. Btw, calling in *will* escalate your case. Will report back on how it goes.
I suggest you waste no time and write to this person about it now and just ask them to send you a check and get out of this gig:

Wells Farggo
ATM/Debit Card Executive Office
Customer Care
1350 Montego Way, Suite 500
Walnut Creek, CA 94598

ATTN: Meth Tellado

(her name is pronounced like MATE)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
does it come with a debit pin #? If so has anyone fed the bird through walmart?
Yes, it works!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
...I suggest you waste no time and write to this person about it now and just ask them to send you a check and get out of this gig...
I believe reaper99999 indicated that he/she was able to get all their money out. This seems interesting from a couple of aspects...

1. It sounds like there may be different kinds/levels of account locks - either that, or it takes some time to complete the process, and reaper99999 saw some sign of it before the process was completed.
2. It suggests that if you have done something that you suspect might prompt them to lock you, one might be able to avoid bigger headaches by checking your account online and watching for the telltale sign of the Add Funds option disappearing. If that happens, unload quickly.

Hmmm.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Yes, it works!
Depends on the amount.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I believe reaper99999 indicated that he/she was able to get all their money out. This seems interesting from a couple of aspects...

1. It sounds like there may be different kinds/levels of account locks - either that, or it takes some time to complete the process, and reaper99999 saw some sign of it before the process was completed.
2. It suggests that if you have done something that you suspect might prompt them to lock you, one might be able to avoid bigger headaches by checking your account online and watching for the telltale sign of the Add Funds option disappearing. If that happens, unload quickly.

Hmmm.
Yes, for me the "Add Funds" option disappeared first, but I was still able to draw money out from the atm.

Per MM's experience my guess is that once you've called and they've escalated your case then you wont be able to get money out.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Can I load the Bank of America Hawaiian card to earn bonus miles?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emptiness
I'm sure that makes sense in some context, but I just have no idea what the context is.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
I read it somewhere in this thread, loading with BOA is OK, which means not CA as CITI, but no miles will be given. YMMV.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by liw5215
I read it somewhere in this thread, loading with BOA is OK, which means not CA as CITI, but no miles will be given. YMMV.
I can load BOA hawaain card but won't work to meet spend req to earn the bonus 35k miles?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
They are fun to call if you have at least 1 full hour to be on hold from 5-8 minutes at a time while the reps go to check things like why am I getting a message in RED that says Maximum Number of Reloads reached when I haven't done one in 23 days and the previous one was 37 days so only one in a month which couldn't hit the max amount. They all go Haaahh, waaaat,
ok may I put you on a brief hold while I research that.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Ok the max reload is........ no you are wrong maaam look 23 days ago I loaded more than that............ahhh oh ok well let me check with supervisor then long hold back and forth a few times then talk to supervisor who will tell you something inaccurrate prehaps and then make you hold while Super checks with manager. We have reset your card sir you can load it NOW

Wrong it still gives same message and back and forth for 30 minutes more then finally we are filling out an Escalation. We will call you which is unlikely the 5 times I did it only got one call. Then you get a Fee of $1 for calling them on your account even after they said they will waive it.

Have fun
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Similar experience, monthly fee + load fee + atm fee + call in to ask why the damn thing won't load fee......ain't it great
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
Depends on the amount.
Yes, but that isn't contingent upon using WFPP for BB. The same limit applies across the board.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Have fun
Perhaps if this card were used more as it is intended to be used there would be less issues. I'm not saying that loading the card and then trying to quickly unload the funds to meet minimum spend requirements is prohibited, but no one can doubt that this isn't what WF had in mind. It follows that the difficulties people are having should be expected.

Well, everyone except Marathon Man. His experience was unbelievable--and yet (mainly because it's him) I believe it!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by JFKLAX321
It follows that the difficulties people are having should be expected.
Not necessarily, as long as one is complying with the t&c's that came came with the card there should be no problems loading the card within the limits described.
Yes , my credit & ca limits are more than adequate. It is their system that is fouled up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.